Khabib felt so confident Al had nothing for him he played Muhammad Ali lol

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I honestly believe khabib took it easy on him on the fact that he showed respect to khabib so he said since I like you I won’t punish you but micheal Johnson when he talked that trash he didn’t hold back on him smashed him up. He even touched gloves with AL He definitely did not do that with Barboza .
Khabib said give me some water and a little chat with my dad and i could fight again same night. That was a cat playing with a mouse in the fight

image.jpg

I think he wanted experience in the championship rounds and this was a prime opportunity to get that experience.

The idea that Khabib would toy with victory in such an important fight, is ridiculous. He was trying to recover his wind.

Khabib looked the same he always has. He gets the take-down, he lands some G&P, his opponent gets back up, rinse, repeat until the bell rings.

Khabib didn't really let Al off the hook at all, he just switched to outstriking Iaquinta once he started being able to defend take downs in the 3rd. And man, did he ever outstrike him! He couldn't miss with that jab; must've landed about 30 of them in the 3rd alone. By the last half of the 5th Khabibi took Al down again from the clinch and Al never managed to get back to his feet. Absolute domination from start to finish by Khabibi and one of his most complete performances against one of his best opponents.

Joe Rogan was at his absolute worst for this one, too. Talkin' so much trash about Khabibi's performance cuz he wasn't able to finish him, while doing to Al what no one has ever done before or since.

Back