Khabib fights for legacy. This is the reason he is (and should) not interested in a rematch.

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I can’t believe you guys are missing the point when it’s pretty obvious what’s going on here. So I’m reading a lot of “I thought he fights for legacy only” and these comments have over 50 likes and what’s why I know many of you are thinking alike, unbelievable.

A rematch against Conor doesn’t add much value to Khabib's legacy and sorry to tell you but it’s that simple. Even Floyd thought that a Pacquiao rematch was pointless and he won via decision. He might or not rematch him but that will not affect his legacy at all. Khabib was so dominant in that fight that no fanboy or hater can touch Khabib’s legacy, his legacy is untouchable. If anybody claims that he was scared of losing a rematch we can just easily laugh in the face of that person. When a fight is to close and competitive then a fighters legacy can somewhat be effected for not accepting a rematch.

So hopefully we are clear about the legacy topic. Now next question is who wants more and needs more the rematch? Easy answer: Conor. So why would Khabib help an a*hole and his obsessions? Is the responsibility of a decent person to beat up (not literally) any a*hole living in this world and make his/her life harder if the opportunity is there. If you guys fail to realize that this is exactly what's going on then you’re naive.

Conclusion: If he’s not fighting for legacy, then he should be fighting for a ridiculous amount of money just to f*up Conor where it hurts him the most (money) and then beat him again in the fight.

The only way I can see Conor affecting Khabib’s legacy is if he start beating up a bunch of LW’s and then he formally challenge Khabib. But we all know this is not happening since he loves shortcuts.

Last edited:
yea they just said they wanted 3 times what conor makes for a rematch.

Tony, GSP or anyone other than Conman, will add value to his legacy. Fuck the re-match and stick those millions up your ass. Make UFC great again and let it be all about the REAL fights instead of money fights!

Last edited:
yeas they just said they wanted 3 times what conor make

Of course he would ask for more money. Why would he want to make Conman rich while he just humiliated him a week ago in front of millions? Give the man some real fights that will add value to his record and legacy, and let Conor give a re-match to those he denied in the past, like Aldo.

Completely agree. Only thing left for khabib is to fight GSP. Possibly Tony if he can own McGregor in the same way

Of course he would ask for more money. Why would he want to make Conman rich while he just humiliated him a week ago in front of millions? Give the man some real fights that will add value to his record and legacy, and let Conor give a re-match to those he denied in the past like Aldo.

edit: to sum this up he is a prize fighter like everyone else.

I was just pointing out the fallacy that he fights for legacy. He said he would fight Conor for free and then held out for more money and now he wants even more money. Khabib has his "WWE personality" just like Conor does and people fall for it. "I fright for legacy" is #1 bullshit my friend. He may was well be saying "Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you".

fM9n1Gt.gif

Conor never denied Waldo a rematch. Conor was stripped and Waldo was literally handed the title. If Conor was still the champ at 145 and didn't give Waldo a rematch, then you would have a point. As a matter of fact Waldo was the one who was offered a rematch at UFC 205 and declined.

Completely agree. Only thing left for khabib is to fight GSP. Possibly Tony if he can own McGregor in the same way

there are plenty of fights left for Khabib. and the future will create more. 155 is the most competitive division. its silly to say he has only a few people defeat left. after a few more defenses he can fight Conor again as well for the big money.

Just give us the Tony fight I don't care about anything else. Best fight for Khabib's legacy tight now and I want to see it damnit!

I love how Khabib is playing the game like he said he would. He owns the game now. He's not some nate diaz you can shrug off with money. Khabib holds all the cards.

there are plenty of fights left for Khabib. and the future will create more. 155 is the most competitive division. its silly to say he has only a few people defeat left. after a few more defenses he can fight Conor again as well for the big money.

Everyone else in the division has already lost at some point. And no one else is in the top 10 p4p rankings.

Holloway/Ortega are better candidates to fight khabib at this point .

The "fight for money" vs. "fight for legacy" discussion is a misnomer.

In reality, every single fighter fights for a multitude of reasons that exist at the same time.

The only question is what *combination* of those elements exist in a fighter at a given time, and what *overall* value a particular fight brings to that fighter, considering their subjective preferences of weighting of the relevant variables.

That's actual reality.

Everyone else in the division has already lost at some point. And no one else is in the top 10 p4p rankings.

Get outta here with that. Look at Khabib's top 10 wins. He has oodles to do at lightweight.

I was just pointing out the fallacy that he fights for legacy. He said he would fight Conor for free and then held out for more money and now he wants even more money. Khabib has his "WWE personality" just like Conor does and people fall for it. "I fright for legacy" is #1 bullshit my friend. He may was well be saying "Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you".

fM9n1Gt.gif

Conor never denied Waldo a rematch. Conor was stripped and Waldo was literally handed the title. If Conor was still the champ at 145 and didn't give Waldo a rematch, then you would have a point. As a matter of fact Waldo was the one who was offered a rematch at UFC 205 and declined.

Lol, loved that shoop. You are truly the p4p shoop king of Sherdog. But I have to disagree with you. I understand where you're coming from, but we should also understand Khabib's point. He absolutley humiliated Conor last Saturday and all he wants is a real challenge in the likes of either Tony or GSP. He doesn't want a money fight, so to discourage the UFC (Dana) and certainly Conor, he will ask for allot of money, knowing that they will not oblige , because they want all the money for themselves and love it. Why would Khabib want to make them rich? The man deserves a real challenge, and you won't get that with Conor.

PS: I don't blame Aldo for not taking on Conor on short notice. The man deserves a proper camp.

Last edited:

fighters lose. just because there is no one undefeated doesnt mean they cannot be a champion or provide good entertainment. Conor had lost three times before he fought Khabib. and it is doubtful khabib will retire undefeated. fighters lose because its part of fighting.

Conor not even deserved first fight what to say about a second????

Khabib vs Ferguson is the fight to make, this is "blindingly obvious".

ps: In time, put Conor as alternate. Who knows this fight happens, kkkkkkkkk.

Last edited:
I love how Khabib is playing the game like he said he would. He owns the game now. He's not some nate diaz you can shrug off with money. Khabib holds all the cards.
Khabib seems like as money hungry as anyone why else is he pursuing Mayweather for boxing. I had hopes for this guy being a legit great champion but this is straight bullshit from Conor's playbook.
LW is arguably the best division and now we're gonna have back to back champions run away to boxing rather than unify the title with Tony.

fM9n1Gt.gif

You know that Khabib has a a manager right? And that Ali guy seems pretty ambitious.

He shouldn't be interested in an immediate rematch. When has a champion finished a challenger and had to give him an immediate rematch...ever?! It hasn't happened. Conor should fight someone else and earn a title shot. He also needs to work on his wrestling really hard before a rematch even makes sense.

He shouldn't be interested in an immediate rematch. When has a champion finished a challenger and had to give him an immediate rematch...ever?! It hasn't happened. Conor should fight someone else and earn a title shot. He also needs to work on his wrestling really hard before a rematch even makes sense.

Very few occasions, I just can think about Cody but because there was no other interesting fight as well and Cody destroyed the second best contender (cruz) and the rest. Did Conor beat Tony, Porier, Lee, etc? I doubt it. Btw, Cody at least wobbled TJ, I mean he did something; Conor didn't do shit.

Back