Khabib has never fought a legitimate top 5 LW fighter

Considering that Ferguson dropped out and that Conor ducked the fight (after saying he will have been ready in case), i prefer "no legitimate top 5 LW fighter ever fought Khabib"

I'd just like to remind everyone that Khabib has never actually fought a legit top 5 LW fighter, while said fighter was deservedly ranked in the top 5.

He fought RDA before RDA was a top 5 guy. And Edson Barboza never should have been ranked top 5 -- Edson only got that top 5 rank because Conor, RDA, Cerrone, and Nate Diaz all left the LW division. Of course you are going to move up if 4* guys above you leave the division. The second Edson fought true top 5 fighters (Khabib, Kevin Lee), he got exposed.

I'm not denying that Khabib is a great fighter. He is without a doubt UFC championship level. However, people are acting like he could go 6-0 over the next few years fighting Conor, Tony, Poirier, Alvarez, Kevin Lee, etc. This is where I take issue with the Khabib fanboys -- the guy is totally unproven against true top 5 talent. Let's see how he handles other championship level guys, before we declare him the GOAT.
Shalarous (W) Njokuani (W) Bocek (W) Dunham (W) Cerrone (W) KHABIB (LOSS) High (W) Benson (W) Nate (W) Pettis (W) Cerrone (W). So Khabib was his lone loss in what wouldvr been a 10 fight win streak including destroying some good fighters and winning a title. Aside from Jose Aldo that version of RDA would be Conors 2md best win.

the most annoying part of the buildup to this fight are the constant separate threads created bashing one guy or the other and pointing out why they suck/have no chance to win. jesus, give it a rest people.

I'd just like to remind everyone that Khabib has never actually fought a legit top 5 LW fighter, while said fighter was deservedly ranked in the top 5.

He fought RDA before RDA was a top 5 guy. And Edson Barboza never should have been ranked top 5 -- Edson only got that top 5 rank because Conor, RDA, Cerrone, and Nate Diaz all left the LW division. Of course you are going to move up if 4* guys above you leave the division. The second Edson fought true top 5 fighters (Khabib, Kevin Lee), he got exposed.

I'm not denying that Khabib is a great fighter. He is without a doubt UFC championship level. However, people are acting like he could go 6-0 over the next few years fighting Conor, Tony, Poirier, Alvarez, Kevin Lee, etc. This is where I take issue with the Khabib fanboys -- the guy is totally unproven against true top 5 talent. Let's see how he handles other championship level guys, before we declare him the GOAT.

We know. Why is that though? Damn shame an undefeated fighter can't buy a top five opponent in the UFC for all the rupples in Russia. There does seem to be a serious pattern around the quality of opposition that the UFC offers fighters from this region of the world.

Khabib can't fight guys who don't want to step into the cage with him.

Melendez pulled out of his fight with Khabib for an "undisclosed reason".

Pettis priced himself out of the fight

Nathan turned down 3 contracts to fight Khabib

Alvarez turned down Khabib to fight Conor.

At the time Dustin was ranked lower than MJ so Khabib fought MJ.

Lee has been top 5 for less than a year. Khabib chose Tony over Lee

Gaethje has never earned a shot with Khabib and expressed no interest in that fight.

He has 1 top 5 win ever. RDA was ranked number 5. Barboza was ranked number 5 contender so in real terms he was number 6 as the champion has always been number 1 but UFC have started to not rank champions for some stupid reason. Maybe to make it seem like top 6 wins are now top 5 wins.
Barboza was ranked number 4.

Know your facts before spewing your bullshit.

Fk you need help.......And not your usual calling of other Fanboys like @MescalineDreams kind of help.
I've never seen someone get completely owned In every conceivable way like yourself but still continue to come back, stalk me, repeat the same exact things you've said a million times before.

I suppose It really comes down to not even having the reading comprehension to understand half of what I'm saying.

You literally only post about Conor. What are you gonna do If Khabib loses? You're gonna be like a lost puppy on this forum

Never fought the Pettis/Melendez/Bensons/Thompsons of LW when they were on top

Khabib has NO wins over any currently ranked top 5 LWs

Khabib hasn't fought Alvarez/Porier/Nate/Gathje/Lee/Furgeson etc etc etc etc

Khabib avoided so many of the top LWs of yester-year AND TODAY

And yet people call Conor the "cherry picker" or claim Conor was "babied?"

It's amazing how sherdoggers shit on Conor yet Conor has more wins over currently ranked top 5 LWs (Alvarez and Poirier) And Conor made them look like amatures

Khabib has been living off his win over a pre-prime RDA for a decade. Conor embarresed Alvarez straight off of Alvarez actually dethroning CHAMP RDA.

LW is the deepest division in MMA history but it's honestly impressive how Khabib avoided fighting all the top LWs (minus a pre-prime RDA)

Is Khabib the LW Rousey?

Conor is the championship calibre fighter with actual championship experience

People are grossly under rating Conor here

When did conor fight poirier at 155? Exactly, now stfu and stop posting false information.

Conor has 1 fight at LW against over the hill Alvarez.

I never said Khabib ducked

LW is the deepest division in MMA history but it's honestly impressive how Khabib avoided fighting all the top LWs (minus a pre-prime RDA)

Is it Khabib or the UFC matchmakers to blame more for the fact that there are indeed SO MANY of the LW fights that would have been awesome that haven't happened (yet)??

And yet Conor never ever missed weight at 145

Khabib is the one who's literally almost DIED cutting to 155

Khabib has never beaten anyone his size and is a massive weight cutter who literally kills himself to fight smaller guys at 155. Just saying

Funny how Khabib never gets shit for it.

Crazy how many double standards there are against Conor

Another thing I don't get is how can any fan of LW on sherdog cheer for Khabib to beat Conor when Khabib himself said he's going to WW after?

With how inactive Khabib is, anyone who ever complained about the so called "inactivity" of Conor, also exposes themself as a double standard hypocrite for cheering for Khabib when khabib has been a million times more inactive and would make a terrible champ
Khabib being injured != Conor sitting on a yacht drinking champagne

The guy has 10 fights in the ufc what are y'all even talking about. He fought barboza and don't even try to down play what he did to that man by saying barboza wasnt good , Barboza is a straight savage ko artist. Then rda got his ass handed to him , and rda is no joke. He signed up to fight tony on multiple occasions it just wasn't meant to happen. In 10 fights he has some great wins. And the best lightweight on the planet us between him and tony ferguson. Mcnugget couldn't even hold a candle to those 2.

Last edited:
Alvarez didn't want to fight Khabib when he was champion, it's why the UFC were able to get away with paying him such a low amount for the Conor fight. They simply threatened to give Khabib the next title shot and Eddie wanted no part of him.

Nate turned down Khabib 3 times throughout the course of his career, this is well known.

Lee was never in a position to fight Khabib; as much as I like Kevin, Khabib was already the #1 contender while Lee wasn't even in the top 10 at the time.

Ferguson pulled out of UFC 223, and Gaethje/Poirier were never in a position to challenge for the title or the #1 contender spot until Dustin beat Eddie recently.

He would've absolutely mauled Pettis when he was champion, let's not even go there. One of Pettis' main weaknesses is his takedown defense, and Khabib knows how to expoit that better than anyone.

Cliffs: Khabib has never ducked anyone, more often than not HE was the one being ducked as he was rising through the LW ranks.

Even if it's circumstances, there are question marks, and I'm sure even if it's not Conor, there are 1 or 2 guys from the pack that probably would have beat him

Khabibs pullouts and 6 month Ramadan breaks are ridiculous

Never fought the Pettis/Melendez/Bensons/Thompsons of LW when they were on top

Khabib has NO wins over any currently ranked top 5 LWs

Khabib hasn't fought Alvarez/Porier/Nate/Gathje/Lee/Furgeson etc etc etc etc

Khabib avoided so many of the top LWs of yester-year AND TODAY

And yet people call Conor the "cherry picker" or claim Conor was "babied?"

It's amazing how sherdoggers shit on Conor yet Conor has more wins over currently ranked top 5 LWs (Alvarez and Poirier) And Conor made them look like amatures

Khabib has been living off his win over a pre-prime RDA for a decade. Conor embarresed Alvarez straight off of Alvarez actually dethroning CHAMP RDA.

Is Khabib the LW Rousey?

Conor is the championship calibre fighter with actual championship experience

People are grossly under rating Conor here

Conor is 2-1 at LW, 1-1 of those is against a journyman. And conor hasn't fought in 2 years. Come on man don't go full retard

And yet Conor never ever missed weight at 145

Khabib is the one who's literally almost DIED cutting to 155

Khabib has never beaten anyone his size and is a massive weight cutter who literally kills himself to fight smaller guys at 155. Just saying

Funny how Khabib never gets shit for it.

Crazy how many double standards there are against Conor

Another thing I don't get is how can any fan of LW on sherdog cheer for Khabib to beat Conor when Khabib himself said he's going to WW after?

With how inactive Khabib is, anyone who ever complained about the so called "inactivity" of Conor, also exposes themself as a double standard hypocrite for cheering for Khabib when khabib has been a million times more inactive and would make a terrible champ
I give him shit all the time hes a huge guy fighting lightweights cause he cant beat people his size. Now hes got a belt because he beat a real estate agent/part time fighter. Like Rogan said extreme weight cutters are cowards that milk the system to get an advantage.
MMA didnt use to be this way its full of alot of cowards now who use weight as an advantage.
Khabib is as big as Royce and Royce fought heavyweights but youll never see Khabib even fighting people his size. Its not wonder people are losing interest.

Barboza was ranked number 4.

Know your facts before spewing your bullshit.

I rectified it later on. Barboza was ranked number 4 contender which means he was ranked number 5 in real money as UFC doesn't rank their champion. RDA was ranked number 5 in UFC which means he was actually the 6th best LW. Therefore Khabib has 1 top 5 win ever. Barboza not RDA. Happy?

How many LW's has Conor fought again?

Too many facts spewed for the haters to process at once. It'll fall on deaf ears.

I rectified it later on. Barboza was ranked number 4 contender which means he was ranked number 5 in real money as UFC doesn't rank their champion. RDA was ranked number 5 in UFC which means he was actually the 6th best LW. Therefore Khabib has 1 top 5 win ever. Barboza not RDA. Happy?
He was top 4, Johnson top 5 and RDA top 5.

There is no such thing as since the champion doesn't count so he's top 6. That's how they do their rankings so if they put him as top 5 he's top 5, period.

It's amazing how many threads are on this subject, just get over it TS.

Back