Khabib has never fought a legitimate top 5 LW fighter

He was top 4, Johnson top 5 and RDA top 5.

There is no such thing as since the champion doesn't count so he's top 6. That's how they do their rankings so if they put him as top 5 he's top 5, period.

If you look at the source I posted earlier -- the UFC moved RDA up from #6 to #5 before he fought Khabib (and Nate Diaz down to #6), despite Nate coming off a more recent win. They did this just to market RDA as a "top 5" fighter to hype the fight -- regardless of what happened afterwards, RDA was not a legit top 5 fighter at the time, and UFC.com rankings are meaningless.

Barboza only got top 5 because literally 4 fighters above him left the division, which is unprecedented (Diaz, Conor, RDA, and Cerrone). He's the top 5 equivalent of a paper champion, and he got exposed once he fought true top 5 talent (Khabib, Kevin Lee).

Neither of those fighters were at the level of a true top 5 fighter. Imagine the top LW's got injured, and Al Iquinta became the champion. Would you call him a truly championship level fighter, or a paper champion? OBVIOUSLY you would consider him a paper champion.

RDA got much better after he fought Khabib, and Barboza was never at that "top 5" level. Khabib has never been tested.

I never said Khabib ducked

Calm your fanboy tits friend lol; )

Regardless of the reasons, what ever they may be, i'm just pointing out how amazing it is that Khabib has never fought any of the truly top LWs through out his career

He's literally living off his win over a pre-prime RDA

It's kind of disappointing that anyone voted your post up.

Defensive fanboys always looking to blindly exhalt and defend Khabib

It is kind of jarring how on sherdog Khabib has already been proclaimed a goat, yet someone with the elite stacked resume of Conor is constantly shitted on

I just hope when Conor smashes Khabib and makes it look easy, that you/they don't suddenly turn on Khabib and start shitting on Khabib in order to discredit Conor's win over Khabib

Continue to give Khabib praise, simply give Conor his praise for winning and being next level
You're a godamn retard, your new name from now on is Beginner Logic.

I agree with you. IMO Khabib tried to pick and choose fights he felt were easier to win. He matches up better with Conor and Tony than he does with say Alvarez or Kevin Lee. Khabib's "best" wins are pre-championship RDA & Edson Barboza. And Kevin Lee just exposed Barboza & actually finished him.

Khabib couldn't finish Al Iquinta who took the fight on short notice, and isn't a top 5 talent. I think Khabib is severely overrated, and he definitely hasn't been tested against the truly best in the LW division for the past 5-10 years. Yet somehow he's champion. What a joke.

Alvarez didn't want to fight Khabib when he was champion, it's why the UFC were able to get away with paying him such a low amount for the Conor fight. They simply threatened to give Khabib the next title shot and Eddie wanted no part of him.

Nate turned down Khabib 3 times throughout the course of his career, this is well known.

Lee was never in a position to fight Khabib; as much as I like Kevin, Khabib was already the #1 contender while Lee wasn't even in the top 10 at the time.

Ferguson pulled out of UFC 223, and Gaethje/Poirier were never in a position to challenge for the title or the #1 contender spot until Dustin beat Eddie recently.

He would've absolutely mauled Pettis when he was champion, let's not even go there. One of Pettis' main weaknesses is his takedown defense, and Khabib knows how to expoit that better than anyone.

Cliffs: Khabib has never ducked anyone, more often than not HE was the one being ducked as he was rising through the LW ranks.
Indeed, lets not forget that Anthony Pettis was ranked #12 at UFC 223, and had a chance to Fight for the title and he declined cause he wanted millions of dollars, imagine being ranked 12 and all of sudden you get lottery to fight for title, ufc agreed to pay him more but pettis was so scared he wanted to be set for life after that beating he would have gotten, and Nate Diaz himself turned down 3x fight publicly stating its boring to fight khabib he wants to just bang. Nate scared

First of all RDA and Barboza were top 5 and obviously top 5 caliber. I do agree that he hasn't been tested enough by elite level fights and there are still stylistically fighters that could be a threat to him. Hopefully the Conor fight does happen since this is definitely a huge test (for both fighters). I still want Khabib against an elite level wrestler that has that KO power or better standup then him. I'm not sure if Lee is that person or maybe even Alvarez.

RDA, Johnson, Barboza >>>>>>>> Nate, Albarez

10-0 >>>>>>>>> 2-1

Khabib can't fight guys who don't want to step into the cage with him.

Melendez pulled out of his fight with Khabib for an "undisclosed reason".

Pettis priced himself out of the fight

Nathan turned down 3 contracts to fight Khabib

Alvarez turned down Khabib to fight Conor.

At the time Dustin was ranked lower than MJ so Khabib fought MJ.

Lee has been top 5 for less than a year. Khabib chose Tony over Lee

Gaethje has never earned a shot with Khabib and expressed no interest in that fight.
Indeed people forget that Michael Johnson beat Tony Ferguson ass! They forget that 18 months ago MJ took Dustin porior head clean off

And yet Conor never ever missed weight at 145

Khabib is the one who's literally almost DIED cutting to 155

Khabib has never beaten anyone his size and is a massive weight cutter who literally kills himself to fight smaller guys at 155. Just saying

Funny how Khabib never gets shit for it.

Crazy how many double standards there are against Conor

Another thing I don't get is how can any fan of LW on sherdog cheer for Khabib to beat Conor when Khabib himself said he's going to WW after?

With how inactive Khabib is, anyone who ever complained about the so called "inactivity" of Conor, also exposes themself as a double standard hypocrite for cheering for Khabib when khabib has been a million times more inactive and would make a terrible champ

lmfao why are you trying to paint Connor as the victim? Plenty of praise gets thrown his way for his incredible accomplishments.

Most of the criticism is directed towards his inactivity. His resume sincerely lacks quantity but he's still very young and has lots of time left to add to it.

But you calling RDA "pre-pime" is where it got funny. That was an RDA smack dab in the middle of his prime that Khabib rag-dolled. Khabib is a lot of things, but a duck is not one of them. He's always been extremely adamant on fighting the toughest opponents.

Alvarez didn't want to fight Khabib when he was champion, it's why the UFC were able to get away with paying him such a low amount for the Conor fight. They simply threatened to give Khabib the next title shot and Eddie wanted no part of him.

Nate turned down Khabib 3 times throughout the course of his career, this is well known.

Lee was never in a position to fight Khabib; as much as I like Kevin, Khabib was already the #1 contender while Lee wasn't even in the top 10 at the time.

Ferguson pulled out of UFC 223, and Gaethje/Poirier were never in a position to challenge for the title or the #1 contender spot until Dustin beat Eddie recently.

He would've absolutely mauled Pettis when he was champion, let's not even go there. One of Pettis' main weaknesses is his takedown defense, and Khabib knows how to expoit that better than anyone.

Cliffs: Khabib has never ducked anyone, more often than not HE was the one being ducked as he was rising through the LW ranks.
iirc pettis ducked him too?? nate and eddie definitely ducked him. Ferguson ducked him twice.

Because Khabib is inactive as fuck. Since July 2014 Khabib has had 4 fights.

In the same period Conor has had 9 fights: 8 in MMA fights and 1 in boxing.

Khabib is an injury and pullout merchant as a contender. Imagine him as champion. Think about how much more inactive Conor got after becoming champion, and then multiply that by 2. That's how inactive Khabib is going to become. He'll probably pull out of the fight against Conor.

The UFC is protecting it's Dagestani golden boy. It's really disgusting.

I guess Conor will be his first. Sounds fine to me.

Indeed people forget that Michael Johnson beat Tony Ferguson ass! They forget that 18 months ago MJ took Dustin porior head clean off
MJ has so much skill that is wasted by his garbage fight IQ. Really wish he'd change camps because this one is not doing him any good

He was top 4, Johnson top 5 and RDA top 5.

There is no such thing as since the champion doesn't count so he's top 6. That's how they do their rankings so if they put him as top 5 he's top 5, period.

No. They weren't. You are confused by the UFC hype machine. Top 5 fighter means he's one of the top 5 fighters at a weight class.

Top 5 LWs are:
Khabib
Conor
Tony
Lee
Dustin

Or is Khabib not a top 5 LW?

What is so hard to understand? UFC made up this ranking system a few years ago and didn't include the champions in the rankings. Everyone knows how it works.

khabib would have beat all of those guys lol

u wont give him any credit because he didnt maul pettis in like 2015? lol.

Never fought the Pettis/Melendez/Bensons/Thompsons of LW when they were on top

Khabib has NO wins over any currently ranked top 5 LWs

Khabib hasn't fought Alvarez/Porier/Nate/Gathje/Lee/Furgeson etc etc etc etc

Khabib avoided so many of the top LWs of yester-year AND TODAY

And yet people call Conor the "cherry picker" or claim Conor was "babied?"

It's amazing how sherdoggers shit on Conor yet Conor has more wins over currently ranked top 5 LWs (Alvarez and Poirier) And Conor made them look like amatures

Khabib has been living off his win over a pre-prime RDA for a decade. Conor embarresed Alvarez straight off of Alvarez actually dethroning CHAMP RDA.

LW is the deepest division in MMA history but it's honestly impressive how Khabib avoided fighting all the top LWs (minus a pre-prime RDA)

Is Khabib the LW Rousey?

Conor is the championship calibre fighter with actual championship experience

People are grossly under rating Conor here
Its amazing how many of the top lws and fws conor never fought. Never had to fight Edgar cub lamas KZ Bermudez stephans. Or Edson Lee Ferguson Khabib Gaethje MJ Al Chiesa Pettis and so on.

Haha richhhh.....in the short time that I've been on this forum, I don't think I've seen anyone nuthug a single fighter more than you lol

You haven't been here long.. There are worse.

No. They weren't. You are confused by the UFC hype machine. Top 5 fighter means he's one of the top 5 fighters at a weight class.

Top 5 LWs are:
Khabib
Conor
Tony
Lee
Dustin

Or is Khabib not a top 5 LW?

What is so hard to understand? UFC made up this ranking system a few years ago and didn't include the champions in the rankings. Everyone knows how it works.
UFC rankings don't mean much in the first place. So whether it's top 5 or top 6 it really doesn't matter. It's mostly a matter of opinion.

I've never seen someone get completely owned In every conceivable way like yourself but still continue to come back, stalk me, repeat the same exact things you've said a million times before.

I suppose It really comes down to not even having the reading comprehension to understand half of what I'm saying.

You literally only post about Conor. What are you gonna do If Khabib loses? You're gonna be like a lost puppy on this forum
FANBOY.

Back