Khabib has never fought a legitimate top 5 LW fighter

Also, this reminds me very much of all the Khabib haters like yourself that were loving when Khabib signed to fight Barboza.

You guys were all claiming that now he is finally going to fight a legit striker and his head is gonna get knocked off clean to Dagestan.

That Barbozas elite TDD and speed would stuff Khabibs takedowns.

Boom,.fight happens, fight ends, khabib smashes.

Suddenly, we get the "Barboza was tailor made for Khabib" lol.

Shit is sooooo funny.
I firmly believe he will be on suicide watch when Conor loses. He's going all in on this fight. For all the marbles. He only has two left. One for each round Conor lasts before Khabib finishes him.

People are grossly under rating Conor here

All great points. But you may be grossly underrating Conor's ring rust. That said, I'm really hoping Conor wins. A Conor win is more legendary. A Conor win is better for MMA. I just hope no one pulls out of the fight.

Also, it's not Khabib's fault Tony got hurt.

Dude, I don't mean this in a negative way and I'm seriously just curious.

How do you have all this free time? Like all your posts and replies are extremely thorough, and although I disagree with everything you say, I can't deny the work that goes into them lol.

Barboza only got top 5 because literally 4 fighters above him left the division, which is unprecedented (Diaz, Conor, RDA, and Cerrone). He's the top 5 equivalent of a paper champion.
Neither of those fighters were at the level of a true top 5 fighter. Imagine the top LW's got injured, and Al Iquinta became the champion. Would you call him a truly championship level fighter, or a paper champion? OBVIOUSLY you would consider him a paper champion.

RDA got much better after he fought Khabib, and Barboza was never at that "top 5" level. Khabib has never been tested.

Barboza was top five alongside Nate, RDA, and Conor. Great argument about him being top five because they all left the division!

This is the point of the conversation where you realize your argument was dogshit, but instead of accepting it, you shift your position to say you never agreed with the UFC Rankings. In other words, insert your strawman right here.

laughing-at-you-gif-6.gif

I hope you're not this terrible at making points in real life.

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 4.56.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 5.01.20 PM.png

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...t-heavyweight-no-1-contender-back-to-the-top/

It’s amazing how many LWs Conor fought.

Oh wait

Just kidding he hasn’t fought any.

Y’all forget how he ducked cowboy. Him and cowboy we’re scheduled like 4 times

This is the point of the conversation where you realize your argument was dogshit, but instead of accepting it, you shift your position to say you never agreed with the UFC Rankings. In other words, insert your strawman right here.

You're an absolutely fucking illiterate retard.

1) I already stated that that Barboza was TECHNICALLY ranked top 5 when he fought Khabib, but he wasn't a worthy top 5 fighter. FOUR fighters ranked above him left the division for him to get a top 5 rank (Conor, Nate, RDA, and Cerrone).

Imagine this you fucking imbecile:
Everyone at LW gets injured and retires, and Al Iquinta wins the LW championship in a (temporarily) weak division. Do you consider him a legit champion, as good as RDA for example?? NO. He would be a paper champion, and Barboza was a paper top 5 fighter. The second he fought true top 5 talent (Khabib, Kevin Lee), he got exposed. That's not a legit win over top 5 level talent.

2) You posted rankings from after Khabib fought RDA you fucking dipshit.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...each-weight-division-following-ufc-167#slide6

BEFORE Khabib and RDA fought, RDA was ranked ABOVE Khabib, and below Gray Maynard. Nate Diaz then beat Gray Maynard, earning the #5 spot on the official UFC rankings. The UFC had a dispute with Nate Diaz, and wanted to promote RDA as a "Top 5" fighter, so they moved Nate Diaz from #5 to #6, and RDA up from #6 to #5. LITERALLY NEITHER OF THEM FOUGHT WHEN THIS SWITCH OCCURED.

RDA was fucking legitimately ranked the #6 contender when he fought Khabib, and he wasn't in his "prime RDA" form. He got MUCH better after fighting Khabib and won the championship later. My god, people on this forum are mentally fucking retarded.

I'd just like to remind everyone that Khabib has never actually fought a legit top 5 LW fighter, while said fighter was deservedly ranked in the top 5.

He fought RDA before RDA was a top 5 guy. And Edson Barboza never should have been ranked top 5 -- Edson only got that top 5 rank because Conor, RDA, Cerrone, and Nate Diaz all left the LW division. Of course you are going to move up if 4* guys above you leave the division. The second Edson fought true top 5 fighters (Khabib, Kevin Lee), he got exposed.

I'm not denying that Khabib is a great fighter. He is without a doubt UFC championship level. However, people are acting like he could go 6-0 over the next few years fighting Conor, Tony, Poirier, Alvarez, Kevin Lee, etc. This is where I take issue with the Khabib fanboys -- the guy is totally unproven against true top 5 talent. Let's see how he handles other championship level guys, before we declare him the GOAT.

I think Edson deserved his fringe top 5 ranking. Still, he has to be the easiest match-up for Khabib. His only saving grace is he has pretty solid takedown defense, but his inability to handle any sort of pressure makes it kind of moot. Any other top 5, and most top 10 guys put up a better fight. We saw that with Iaquinta who wasn't even top 10!

hqdefault.jpg

10154396.jpg

10203745.jpg

This thread is number 1 bullshit.

Khabib has defeated more top 5 and top 10 LWs than Conor has.
Conor and Nate fought at WW and both of them were unranked in that division.

You're an absolutely fucking illiterate retard.

1) I already stated that that Barboza was TECHNICALLY ranked top 5 when he fought Khabib, but he wasn't a worthy top 5 fighter. FOUR fighters ranked above him left the division for him to get a top 5 rank (Conor, Nate, RDA, and Cerrone).

Imagine this you fucking imbecile:
Everyone at LW gets injured and retires, and Al Iquinta wins the LW championship in a (temporarily) weak division. Do you consider him a legit champion, as good as RDA for example?? NO. He would be a paper champion, and Barboza was a paper top 5 fighter. The second he fought true top 5 talent (Khabib, Kevin Lee), he got exposed. That's not a legit win over top 5 level talent.

2) You posted rankings from after Khabib fought RDA you fucking dipshit.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...each-weight-division-following-ufc-167#slide6

BEFORE Khabib and RDA fought, RDA was ranked ABOVE Khabib, and below Gray Maynard. Nate Diaz then beat Gray Maynard, earning the #5 spot on the official UFC rankings. The UFC had a dispute with Nate Diaz, and wanted to promote RDA as a "Top 5" fighter, so they moved Nate Diaz from #5 to #6, and RDA up from #6 to #5. LITERALLY NEITHER OF THEM FOUGHT WHEN THIS SWITCH OCCURED.

RDA was fucking legitimately ranked the #6 contender when he fought Khabib, and he wasn't in his "prime RDA" form. He got MUCH better after fighting Khabib and won the championship later. My god, people on this forum are mentally fucking retarded.

I don't think you understood my post and its incredible.

I never showed you RDA's ranking. I'm not arguing about RDA"s ranking at all. I showed you Barboza's ranking in a month where he was ranked alongside RDA, Diaz, and Conor. Why?

Because of what you're saying.... I am addressing a specific point. just listen....

"Imagine this you fucking imbecile: Everyone at LW gets injured and retires, and Al Iquinta wins the LW championship in a (temporarily) weak division."

You're saying that in the absence of Cerrone, RDA, Diaz, and Conor, Barboza was bumped up to a top five spot. You didn't just say that to me, you said it to multiple people. That would be a legitimate point, except....

Barboza didn't achieve a top 5 ranking because those guys left and were absent from the rankings. He's ranked top five at the same time that they are. In other words, those guys were still ranked highly in the division and he was still top five among them. Barboza was ranked top #5 when RDA was #4 and Conor was Champ and Diaz was #8. Therefore, you can't argue his ranking was increase because those guys left the division and that's why you're example with Iaquinta doesn't compute.

Does that make sense?

Irrelevant. Barboza was ranked behind Conor, RDA, Cerrone, and Diaz before he became top 5. All those guys left the LW division, which is unprecedented, He was top 5 by default. He's the top 5 equivalent of an interim champion. The second Barboza fought TRUE top 5 talents (Khabib, Lee), he got starched.

That is not a legitimate top 5 win, unless you're a blind Khabib fanboy.

Which top 5 LW did Conor fight before his TS?

Yeh but but.....but Kaanor

I'd just like to remind everyone that Khabib has never actually fought a legit top 5 LW fighter, while said fighter was deservedly ranked in the top 5.

He fought RDA before RDA was a top 5 guy. And Edson Barboza never should have been ranked top 5 -- Edson only got that top 5 rank because Conor, RDA, Cerrone, and Nate Diaz all left the LW division. Of course you are going to move up if 4* guys above you leave the division. The second Edson fought true top 5 fighters (Khabib, Kevin Lee), he got exposed.

I'm not denying that Khabib is a great fighter. He is without a doubt UFC championship level. However, people are acting like he could go 6-0 over the next few years fighting Conor, Tony, Poirier, Alvarez, Kevin Lee, etc. This is where I take issue with the Khabib fanboys -- the guy is totally unproven against true top 5 talent. Let's see how he handles other championship level guys, before we declare him the GOAT.

Your opinion on who deserves it is worthless.

It's gonna be a first round knockout for Conor. There's no doubt in my mind.
It's gonna be a first round knockout for Conor. There's no doubt in my mind.
Because Khabib is inactive as fuck. Since July 2014 Khabib has had 4 fights.

In the same period Conor has had 9 fights: 8 in MMA fights and 1 in boxing.

Khabib is an injury and pullout merchant as a contender. Imagine him as champion. Think about how much more inactive Conor got after becoming champion, and then multiply that by 2. That's how inactive Khabib is going to become. He'll probably pull out of the fight against Conor.

tumblr_inline_pg7ps2nmbV1r6jb6k_540.gif
ultrasmash.gif
Hdmtpf7.gif

Khabib smoked the fake "champion" in Conor. Ferguson and Lee will give Khabib a fight, but anyone with a brain knew Conor wasn't going to do shit to him.

Back