Media Khabib hasn't earned the right to dictate

Lol these khabib (Conor haters) fans are backtracking like crazy

So enjoying this
1st it was order was restored , no more holding belt hostage
Khabib all about legacy not like fake Conor

Now it's well umm Khabib is champ he can do what he wants , he deserves to make money and stick it to the man lol

Glorious

Yeah, that isn't true. Some are saying that, and they're only saying that to piss off the Conor fans who said those things, because those guys are so easily triggered.

Hey Mar, are there are good grappling tournaments in Tijuana? I live in San Marcos and once in a while I drive to Ensenada.
Not much that I see in terms of grappling only tournies , but I am not in that scene

Lots of mma fights here though at El Auditorio Municipal By Calle agua calientes

I think Nate was down here a couple of times

Yeah, that isn't true. Some are saying that, and they're only saying that to piss off the Conor fans who said those things, because those guys are so easily triggered.
Umm hmm sure buddy

Lol these khabib (Conor haters) fans are backtracking like crazy

So enjoying this
1st it was order was restored , no more holding belt hostage
Khabib all about legacy not like fake Conor

Now it's well umm Khabib is champ he can do what he wants , he deserves to make money and stick it to the man lol

Glorious
We always knew Conor haters were the worse tho. Atleast Conor said 'Im all about big business', where as Khabib lied out of one side of his mouth than acted all pious, humble and religious out of the other side, while getting in gang brawls with everyone from Diaz to McGregor's team, and rolling up on guys like Artem and Tony in his gang - true scumbag behavior that harkens back to the Gracie's and is unacceptable.

I love Khabib's fighting, picked him to win, but I also said he was duplicitous and a thug, and that we would soon miss McGregor if Khabib took over. We will be lucky to get a Tony fight, and you can forget about super fights like GSP catchweight or a Woodley fight. Khabib is a safe point fighter who does not take risks in his match making or fighting style.

Does the boxing world even really know who Habib is?

More importantly... do they CARE?

This isn’t Conor we’re talking about here. Win or lose, that dude has star power however offensive that may be to your delicate sensibilities.

The boxing world knows who he is now. All it took was Floyd to drop his name as his next potential exhibition game.

So what?

Khabib is BY far the better mixed marital artist here. This is all anyone on this stupid forum should care about. Why does it matter if someone is a better clown?

The crazy money Conor is making is definitely changing the game, and as predicted, the change is fucking terrible.

Conor's match with Mayweather was a joke. Khabib's would be exactly as much of a joke. Only spectacular morons would think either of those guys would have any chance at all.

I am not talking about who is better. That has nothing to do with my original point. I’m talking about the idea that he has earned the right to call his own shots. He has not. How much of a draw are you? How much money have you made in the fight game? Are you a game changer in terms of your star power? He isn’t any of those things. He does not have the right to do whatever he wants. At all. Conor and Floyd was incredibly marketable given who both of them were. Superstars. Conor knows how to promote and sell just like Floyd does. Khabib can’t box or sell a fight..

Last edited:
Umm hmm sure buddy

Look, tell yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep at night.

I'm a big Khabib fan, and I don't want to see any Conor level bullshit.

I want title defenses and a righteous champion.

Tony should be next, not some freak show.

I am not talking about who is better. That has nothing to do with my original point. I’m talking about the idea that he has earned the right to call his own shots. He has not. How much of a draw are you? How much money have you made in the fight game? Are you a game changer in terms of your star power? He isn’t any of those things. He does not have the right to do whatever he wants. At all. Conor and Floyd was incredibly marketable given both of them were. Superstars. Conor knows how to promote and sell just like Floyd does. Khabib can’t box or sell a fight..

That's my point about clowns.

Champions should never, ever, ever be able to call their own shots. A contender steps up, and a champion defends. The end.

Champions should never, ever, ever be able to call their own shots. A contender steps up, and a champion defends. The end.

Yeah and this champion looks like he is lining up for the same payday that CONOR Got..

Look, tell yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep at night.

I'm a big Khabib fan, and I don't want to see any Conor level bullshit.

I want title defenses and a righteous champion.

Tony should be next, not some freak show.
I agree with you on the Tony thing

Thank you I'll keep enjoying the epic level of hypocrisy

I agree with you on the Tony thing

Thank you I'll keep enjoying the epic level of hypocrisy

Hopefully we're only going to see hypocrisy from some internet trolls, and not from Khabib.

Aldo and others did that for years. And then they figured out that “doing the right thing” earned them a lot less money than others. And then they got resentful that shittier loud mouth fighters earned more than GOATs.

So while I agree with you in principal, it’s all a money making game. Zuffa has created the rules, and the rules are that if you play nice and do the “right thing” you can potentially earn a lot less than those who generate controversy.

Ultimately Zuffa is to blame for the trend of fighters purposely generating controversy. The fighters have simply figured out the rules.
~~~
To TSs point, Khabib has leverage. He’s using that leverage. He prob won’t fight Mayweather, and prob won’t get paid $50m for his next bout. But he also prob won’t take what he made last fight either. AND HATS THE POINT OF LEVERAGE. Is he overplaying it a bit? Probably. But how can you blame him?

$1 says it will all settle down in a few months.

He fought most of those in Ukraine, goof.

He also happens to have the longest winstreak in the UFC as well, not just outside.

And boxers routinely pad their record for their first 10 or 20 fights. So in the context of a fight with Floyd, this isn't even unusual. Look at any boxer Floyd's fought and try to tell me if they all fought "well known" names in the first half of their career.
Even if he fought them in Ukraine , every single one of them was an amateur with a poorer record than him. Research before you call someone else a goof because you're clearly a fanboy without facts.

Even El Cucuy called Khabib's record padded at 25-0

His record compared to his opponents record in most of those early fights was the equivalent of Ortega fighting in his gym v regular guys.

Aldo and others did that for years. And then they figured out that “doing the right thing” earned them a lot less money than others. And then they got resentful that shittier loud mouth fighters earned more than GOATs.

So while I agree with you in principal, it’s all a money making game. Zuffa has created the rules, and the rules are that if you play nice and do the “right thing” you can potentially earn a lot less than those who generate controversy.

Ultimately Zuffa is to blame for the trend of fighters purposely generating controversy. The fighters have simply figured out the rules.
~~~
To TSs point, Khabib has leverage. He’s using that leverage. He prob won’t fight Mayweather, and prob won’t get paid $50m for his next bout. But he also prob won’t take what he made last fight either. AND HATS THE POINT OF LEVERAGE. Is he overplaying it a bit? Probably. But how can you blame him?

$1 says it will all settle down in a few months.

Yes, that's the reality.

And I hate it.

He fought most of those in Ukraine, goof.

He also happens to have the longest winstreak in the UFC as well, not just outside.

And boxers routinely pad their record for their first 10 or 20 fights. So in the context of a fight with Floyd, this isn't even unusual. Look at any boxer Floyd's fought and try to tell me if they all fought "well known" names in the first half of their career.
Khabib longest win streak in the UFC -yeah cause he fought Laquinta for a belt.

Tony has beat more higher level opponents and Khabib has got lucky the whole time vs chumps like Michael Johnson who he could hardly even knock out.

Tony would beat Laquinta and Notorious as well.

The fact that Khabib goes 4 rounds with the likes of these guys who are nothing on Tony says everything he's just a lay and pray hugger

Yes, that's the reality.

And I hate it.
Me too.

But at least a few fighters have figured out how to play the UFC for more money. I would prefer a standard pay structure (not to mention a title shot structure) based on merit. But Zuffa chose to go the other way. Waddyagonnado.

And anyone who blames fighters for attempting to play whatever leverage they have when they can against this system specifically designed to pay them as little as possible is, at best, not seeing the whole picture. TS claims Khabib hasn’t done enough to play his leverage. I say he has, and owes it to himself to play whatever leverage he can.

Zuffa will negotiate him lower, don’t worry. It’s what they do.

That all sounds great in theory, however the UFC largely out-thought them selves when it came to how they treated the top talent. Step up, and defend your title against anybody. However if you lose that title we are going to absolutely rape you financially for it. So now we live in a time where these fighters want the biggest payday on every single fight. Because they understand they can lose half or more of their salary with one bad loss.

Not much that I see in terms of grappling only tournies , but I am not in that scene

Lots of mma fights here though at El Auditorio Municipal By Calle agua calientes

I think Nate was down here a couple of times

I once went to "Entram" gym for training. I think they have about two UFC fighters but neither doing very well. Raul the coach is a nice guy, he's a Dean Lister black belt and taught me a couple of things.

Last edited:
Back