Media Khabib hasn't earned the right to dictate

That all sounds great in theory, however the UFC largely out-thought them selves when it came to how they treated the top talent. Step up, and defend your title against anybody. However if you lose that title we are going to absolutely rape you financially for it. So now we live in a time where these fighters want the biggest payday on every single fight. Because they understand they can lose half or more of their salary with one bad loss.

The scary thing is that this is being driven by the UFC anyways. 99.9% of the time it doesn't matter what the fighters want, the UFC just wants the biggest money fights possible.

Me too.

But at least a few fighters have figured out how to play the UFC for more money. I would prefer a standard pay structure (not to mention a title shot structure) based on merit. But Zuffa chose to go the other way. Waddyagonnado.

And anyone who blames fighters for attempting to play whatever leverage they have when they can against this system specifically designed to pay them as little as possible is, at best, not seeing the whole picture. TS claims Khabib hasn’t done enough to play his leverage. I say he has, and owes it to himself to play whatever leverage he can.

Zuffa will negotiate him lower, don’t worry. It’s what they do.

I don't blame the fighters, I just hate it.

The scary thing is that this is being driven by the UFC anyways. 99.9% of the time it doesn't matter what the fighters want, the UFC just wants the biggest money fights possible.

They do want the biggest matches possible, however the fighters are now thinking for themselves more than ever. They understand the UFC is not here to take care of me. They don’t care about me at all. I have to look out for myself. This is not a family.

TS, let’s talk about leverage and negotiating power.

You know who didn’t have enough and tried to play it? War Machine. He turned down one too many fights and got cut. He didn’t think he would get cut. He was wrong.

You know who else? Non belt holder Tito (2005 ish).

Do you think Khabib is in danger of being cut or shelved? I don’t. I think ultimately they will find a happy medium where both parties make money. Probably using PPV points.

So what if he asks for the world now. There is (IMO) no risk.

What, in your opinion, is the worst that can happen to him if he asks for too much?

Does the boxing world even really know who Habib is?

More importantly... do they CARE?

This isn’t Conor we’re talking about here. Win or lose, that dude has star power however offensive that may be to your delicate sensibilities.
Yes they do, pretty much every boxing outlet has been talking about Khabib vs Conor and the aftermath. The majority of the boxing community seem to have praise for Khabib, calling him a beast and poking fun of Conor.

When you've made enough money to pay off your house and never have to work again, then you can dictate whatever the fuck you want without fear.

That's a great position to be in for bargaining power. You have nothing to lose so you don't flinch during negotiations.

That's how Conor had the confidence to start making massive demands IMO. With each win and demand, his status grew and the more he could command.

It's a snowball effect.

Yes they do, pretty much every boxing outlet has been talking about Khabib vs Conor and the aftermath. The majority of the boxing community seem to have praise for Khabib, calling him a beast and poking fun of Conor.
What outlets . most are reporting boxing ,on thier headlines

I guess we see what we want to see

Or are you speaking of 1 single headline

The rest about Floyd vs whomever

When you've made enough money to pay off your house and never have to work again, then you can dictate whatever the fuck you want without fear.

That's a great position to be in for bargaining power. You have nothing to lose so you don't flinch during negotiations.

That's how Conor had the confidence to start making massive demands IMO. With each win and demand, his status grew and the more he could command.

It's a snowball effect.
The FU money level should be a goal for everyone

TS, let’s talk about leverage and negotiating power.

You know who didn’t have enough and tried to play it? War Machine. He turned down one too many fights and got cut. He didn’t think he would get cut. He was wrong.

You know who else? Non belt holder Tito (2005 ish).

Do you think Khabib is in danger of being cut or shelved? I don’t. I think ultimately they will find a happy medium where both parties make money. Probably using PPV points.

So what if he asks for the world now. There is (IMO) no risk.

What, in your opinion, is the worst that can happen to him if he asks for too much?
Let me.cut it short , it's very simple

Khabib challenged Floyd
Floyd holds all the cards . Khabib has no bargaining power with Floyd to dictate

Let me.cut it short , it's very simple

Khabib challenged Floyd
Floyd holds all the cards . Khabib has no bargaining power with Floyd
Ahhhhh.

I didn’t consider that potential circus fight. Because it’s below us. I thought you were talking about him and Dana. I will move on. Thanks.

(...because it’s below us...)

What outlets . most are reporting boxing ,on thier headlines

I guess we see what we want to see

Or are you speaking of 1 single headline

The rest about Floyd vs whomever
Lets face it most people get their sports news from youtube/internet nowadays and pretty much every single boxing channel on youtube has talked about Khabib lately.

Fighthype, boxingego, esnews, mayweather gym,DBN lol every single channel has talked about Khabib and its been multiple videos because they realize its getting them the most view BY FAR. Khabib has massive hype right now and a lot of leverage.

Lets face it most people get their sports news from youtube/internet nowadays and pretty much every single boxing channel on youtube has talked about Khabib lately.

Fighthype, boxingego, esnews, mayweather gym,DBN lol every single channel has talked about Khabib and its been multiple videos because they realize its getting them the most view BY FAR. Khabib has massive hype right now and a lot of leverage.
Lol i see them talking about Conor
With reference to Khabib..

Taking about Mayweather with reference to Khabib

Khabib is the reference not the headline

Big difference

Maybe in the future but currently Khabib is not the headline for boxing

Or what you pretending to say New media lol

Lol i see them talking about Conor
With reference to Khabib..

Taking about Mayweather with reference to Khabib

Khabib is the reference not the headline

Big difference

Maybe in the future but currently Khabib is not the headline for boxing

Or what you pretending to say New media lol
Suuure, well maybe Mayweather can go fight TC, take a loss and only sell 500k PPV like the last time he fought a boxer in Berto.

If Mayweather wants a big paycheck and an "easy fight" he only has Khabib, no one wants to see Conor get embarrassed AGAIN

The FU money level should be a goal for everyone

I find that 'genuinely not giving a fuck about your job anymore' works too.

My mate hates his job as an architect so much, that he keeps threatening to leave.
He now finishes at 1pm every day, and his dog comes in with him and sleeps at his desk. His boss gives in to his every demand.

He's got so much bargaining power because he hates his life.

Not sure that's the same as having FU money though...

Suuure, well maybe Mayweather can go fight TC, take a loss and only sell 500k PPV like the last time he fought a boxer in Berto.

If Mayweather wants a big paycheck and an "easy fight" he only has Khabib, no one wants to see Conor get embarrassed AGAIN
I see you submitted that boxing media is not talking about Khabib as a headline news nor ALL OVER NEW MEDIA BOXING this is a start,

as for your comment all opinion

Does the boxing world even really know who Habib is?

More importantly... do they CARE?

This isn’t Conor we’re talking about here. Win or lose, that dude has star power however offensive that may be to your delicate sensibilities.

Framing people who stand up to the absolute shitwhow farse that Conor is as "delicate" is all people on the moral low ground have going for them.

Weak, ignorant and lost people worship image and money and braggadociousness.

I see you submitted that boxing media is not talking about Khabib as a headline news nor ALL OVER NEW MEDIA BOXING this is a start,

as for your comment all opinion
Boxing media has been all over Khabib this past 2 weeks.

Notice how Khabib made 1 playful challenge to Floyd, because Floyds promoter asked him to, and Mayweather been on multiple videos now pushing for that fight.

Notice how Canelo called out Floyd and Floyd dont give a fuck loool

Floyd is a great business man and he knows Khabib is the best fight for him financially right now

If a Habib Mayweather boxing match actually makes waves then I don’t want to live on this planet anymore. Lol

Back