Khabib having spiritual conversation with World Cup winner who earns £350,000/week

I wouldn't even call it imperialism - more strategically placed military bases - not just in the Middle East, but a lot of places around the world. You sound like you're American, so you've never had a foreign military presence in your country and as cliched as this sounds, if a group of soldiers or fucking tanks were rolling down your street, you'd either shit yourself or take up arms against them.

I haven't read one sentence from the Quran because I have no desire to and it doesn't help educate me on what's gone on in Afghanistan and Iraq. If you've read the whole of the Quran then fair play to you, but what that has helped you learn about the learning's or instructions of it, you tell me. I'm sure the Bible has violent connotations to it as well - and these books were written thousands of years ago, let's not forget.

ISIS called for a Caliphate and for Muslims to rise up against the 'Great Satan' There's over 1.5 billion Muslims on the planet - so why didn't all able bodied men or boys travel to Iraq and Syria and help with the spread of the Caliphate? I don't want to be watching planes flying into buildings full of people going about their daily lives or hearing of 1,000lbs bombs hitting a convoy of trucks on their way to a wedding. This is going to go on for years and years.

I'm not American for one, and secondly, if you had read the Quran you would know that terrorism is the correct interpretation of the book, not "their own version" as you put it. That was my point. Which obviously doesn't mean all Muslims are terrorists but explains why most terrorists are Muslim. Something else that shouldn't go unnoticed is the fact that even Muslims who are not terrorists usually hold beliefs that are completely incompatible with the west. And then it goes without saying that there are also Muslims who are perfectly law abiding citizens who just want to live their lives in peace.

I'm not American for one, and secondly, if you had read the Quran you would know that terrorism is the correct interpretation of the book

Well, if it's so easily interpreted that way, where's the examples? You and the other chap I was debating with were only giving the small tid bits that a lot of anti Islam folk trot out.

Which obviously doesn't mean all Muslims are terrorists but explains why most terrorists are Muslim.

I never said you thought that. But you did say most terrorists are Muslims. There has been conflicts in a couple of spots in Europe that groups have been labelled as terrorists and there's no doubt they carried out what I would perceive as being terrorist attacks by virtue of planting bombs in civilian areas or people being shot.

Something else that shouldn't go unnoticed is the fact that even Muslims who are not terrorists usually hold beliefs that are completely incompatible with the west

I absolutely agree with that. But there is Muslims living in the West or countries in Europe who are more moderate and don't really abide by the Quran. They're probably what we call retiring Muslims who have their own definition of it. We see it with people of all religions.

Well, if it's so easily interpreted that way, where's the examples? You and the other chap I was debating with were only giving the small tid bits that a lot of anti Islam folk trot out.

What do you mean where's the examples? Besides the lifestyle in the Muslim countries ? Besides the shitstorm going on in Europe in the last couple of years?

Everyone should be "anti-Islam", Islam is a disgusting, pernicious ideology.

I never said you thought that. But you did say most terrorists are Muslims. There has been conflicts in a couple of spots in Europe that groups have been labelled as terrorists and there's no doubt they carried out what I would perceive as being terrorist attacks by virtue of planting bombs in civilian areas or people being shot.

Not sure what is your point. Most terrorism is carried out by Muslims, not all, but the vast majority is.

I absolutely agree with that. But there is Muslims living in the West or countries in Europe who are more moderate and don't really abide by the Quran. They're probably what we call retiring Muslims who have their own definition of it. We see it with people of all religions.
Of course. But in reality there is no such thing as "Muslim extremist", the ideology IS extreme. A "moderate" Muslim as you put it tends do be someone who doesn't really care about the religion kinda like "cultural jews".

Back