Khabib is mediocre without the cage (video), Conor will gameplan

Haha what an awful thread.

Either a decent troll attempt or one of the most desperate fanboy threads I have ever seen.

Lmao this is a very pathetic attempt at making a point, or a decent troll job.
Either way, self crit TS

Ok...but they are fighting in a cage are they not?

Wasn't this for the Sambo World Cup in 2010? He still got second place. He's won plenty of other major Sambo championships.

I have to agree with TripTictonic, this thread is indeed #1 bullshit.

so his gameplan is to not fight in a cage?

I see that video is from about 12 years ago, when Khabib would be a junior in HS.

I have to agree with the OP though, 17 yo khabib is still a dangerous fighter nonetheless.

That video is from 10 + years ago and we all know Khabib isn't known for his striking that was then this is now. This is now Conor who sucks at wrestling and has a history of physically and mentally breaking down going up against the best wrestler in the division who has never physically or mentally quit in any fight he's ever been in.

So banking on one punch beating a guy who's known for taking his opponents down and smashing them is a long shot. Not to mention Conor hasn't fought any real wrestlers besides Chad Mendes a much smaller man and he took Conor down with ease. So Khabib is going to smash the shit out of him and there will be nothing he can do.

Khabib is fucked.

Cause Conor is a God in the center of the cage

gty_513971508_80269252.jpg

Yes, this is an older fight, however Khabib had already been grappling his entire life, so spare me the "prime" excuse.

Imagine someone showing a video of Tyron Woodley for example in college and saying he was too young. It's absurd, he was already an absolute beast wrestler in his wrestling prime.

Khabib gets completely nullified here with shocking ease by a guy that looks like he could make 135 with modern weight-cutting, largely because there is no cage for him to rely on.

You can bet Conor and SBG are aware of his as Conor has unparalleled fight IQ. The difference in Khabib's grappling efficacy without the cage is so dramatic that it's literally like putting superman back on Krypton.

Khabibs non cage tds were always lacking, he relies heavily on striking and striking pressure to setup his takedowns. His pure shot isnt very strong, only exception is he has a super low single hes does that is slick as fuck and hard to counter. Im pretty sure hes gonna spam it on Conor all night.

Watch the Al fight, khabib is able to shoot from far out, is too low to get countered, but gets a hand on the ankle to work his way up. Al adjusted later on, so really if Conor can adjust to that one td entrance, he will have a much higher chance of beating khabib.

Khabibs not gonna be able to pressure Conor with strikes or do counter takedowns. I really think khabibs gonna get baited into a lead uppercut cause of southpaw front leg position and Conors favorite combo being straight, lead uppercut, straight.

Cage or no cage, without a bus to hide in Khabib is fooked.

The equivalent would be Conor getting knocked the fuck out, as his base is striking, and he was an inexperienced grappler back then.
Correction, the equivalent would be posting a video of Conor from 15 years ago.
Yes, this is an older fight, however Khabib had already been grappling his entire life, so spare me the "prime" excuse.

Imagine someone showing a video of Tyron Woodley for example in college and saying he was too young. It's absurd, he was already an absolute beast wrestler in his wrestling prime.

Khabib gets completely nullified here with shocking ease by a guy that looks like he could make 135 with modern weight-cutting, largely because there is no cage for him to rely on.

You can bet Conor and SBG are aware of his as Conor has unparalleled fight IQ. The difference in Khabib's grappling efficacy without the cage is so dramatic that it's literally like putting superman back on Krypton.

Luckily for Khabib, there is a cage.

Last edited:
I get what you're going for, but really you went about it all wrong. It would have made more sense for you to say conor isnt gonna back straight into the fence like barboza or RDA, and he has great ring craft, while khabib isn't a great cage cutter. But then again, neither is diaz, and he still found a way to get the fight there.

Connor represents the stand up fight legacy.
Kabib represents the ground fight legacy.

Very Nice match.

But the fight is happening in a cage. So how is Conor going to game plan for it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back