Khabib is not Eddie Alvarez

Lol coming back to this post when Khabib gets lit up like a Christmas tree

how are you today ryan1916?

giphy.gif

It is an entirely different match-up.

Khabibs wrestling and ground game is far superior to Eddies, but Eddie is miles above him in striking.

The fight itself isn't difficult to break down.

If it stays standing, Conor eats him alive. If it hits the ground, Khabib mauls him.

The whole thing boils down to who can control the distance.

Not sure I would ever said Eddie is miles above Khabib even before the Conor fight. Eddie has nice body shots but he's pretty slow and basic with his combos, he's decent in the pocket but leaves himself open defensively as a result. Khabib is a lot more wild and reckless, but he's always been quick and has excellent pressure. Khabibs boxing is a bit ugly but I think he is one of those guys that looks a lot worse than he actually is.

Khabib is not Eddie Alvarez

True.
Not comparable at all. Eddie's wife actually shows up at most of the events.

Conor dickriders never cease to amaze me with how much they prop up mediocre fighters like Eddie and Diaz to make Conor look better.

Eddie is moving out of his prime but the Eddie that Conor dismantled would beat any version of Khabib.

Wow, just wow. I hope you realize how dumb that sounds now looking back

Ah, remembering the memories.

Not surprised at the level of IGNORANCE within the MMA fanbase... they hear a few promo lines, watch some countdown shows, a few YouTube highlights, and all of a sudden they’re self proclaimed MMA “experts”.

145B1D38-BEC1-4C1B-BC01-ABBCDA3B91BA.jpeg

agreed, Eddie has multiple top wins in his career... and actually fights top competition.

Agreed, Eddie has better defense on the feet

Don’t forget, Eddie finished RDA in the very first round. TS is right, He isn’t Eddie.

agreed. Eddie is a world-class fighter who has proven himself time and time again, in multiple promotions.

No one really knows what Khabib will do when he is tested, because he doesn't have the experience against elite fighters.

Also one of them is boring. And it's not Eddie.

You’re right, Eddie knocked out the dominant LW champ and #4 ranked WW RDA for the title where as Khabib decisioned an unranked remax broker...

Eddie is moving out of his prime but the Eddie that Conor dismantled would beat any version of Khabib.

Back