Khabib is the most complete grappler to ever compete in MMA

Khabib is best at chain wrestling on the fence, but he wasn't always. Previous to Tibau, he mainly used single legs and ran the pipe along the fence. This gave him great difficulty taking down left handed opponents since his head was on the outside. Post-Tibau he adopted the AKA strategy, head high in the chest, left underhook, and trying to achieve another underhook to drop to a double/bodylock or clamping down on a weak underhook for a bodylock. From the bodylock he looks to hip toss or a step across forward trip. If the opponent resists by pulling back he'll inside trip and throw them back, or step around the opponent's left leg, hook it and pull their hips underneath him. If he can't get the bodylock - due to effective hand fighting of his opponent - he'll switch to a high crotch lift - if the opponent is upright or switch to a single leg if the opponent bases out. All of this is done from his opponent's left side. He hasn't shown the same chain wrestling ability from the other side. Often times Khabib will go through these sequences in what seems like slow motion. Guys like Barboza didn't understand what he is doing and used a one defense fits all strategy(clamping an overhook and digging for an underhook.) that made it easy for Khabib to defeat. Barboza did neutralize Khabib's attack by framing him off at the neck, not allowing Khabib to use his head in chest position to attack from. This prevented Khabib from getting bodylocks or switching to singles. BJJScout criticized this because he was taking a few arm punches, but it was much more effective than you would think. But Barboza tried the frame - post Khabib grabbing a single -making me wonder if he knew why it was being effective. On the fence, Iaquinta hand fought well to prevent bodylocks, but kept too upright in his posture. Khabib high crotch lifted him and swept out his far leg- three times in the row. Only in the 5th round did Iaquinta figure out how to neutralize this- by framing Khabib off and forcing him to switch to a single. Khabib isn't an unstoppabble monster. He is a methodical technician who is extremely persistent with his takedown attacks. He isn't a Henry Cejudo who uses amazing speed and athleticism in his takedown attacks, that would be nearly impossible to stop unless you could match that athleticism.

Keep hiding with your diversion...The main topic, is your Retard logic. Not my popularity on this forum.
I don't care about my image on here, I do about Cowards backing their mouths up....

And carded.

<36>

Keep running that mouth and see what happens.

<36>

Lol. Khabib might beat conor but he isn't bulletproof. You'll see, eventually.

He doesn’t have a complete game. I doubt with his build that he would be great off his back but he’s not going to concede top position anyways

The sad thing about this thread is that its intended to share how great he is and instead all the fanboys are making it incredibly hard to root for the guy.

Khabib is legit. Hes undefeated which is always entertaining. Hes a world champion in Sambo and NAGA and hes a European Pankration Champ.
All of that makes him a great fighter and i have high expectations for him but JESUS CHRIST!
The level of nuthugging on here is insane!
In the UFC he hasnt accomplished much. He beat RDA convincingly which imo was his first display of greatness. Now if he beats Conor he will solidify his belt and begin his reign. Let him get a few defenses after that(or another belt the way things are today) and we can talk about GOAT, most complete, etc.
Until then give it a break. Damn.

Just for the haters i will reiterate that im picking Khabib to win this fight but i know the responses will be "Conor nuthugger!Khabib is going to smash him! Blah!GOAT grappler, wrestler and all around best of all time, he can bodyslam lesnar!"
Fuck off with that shit, you guys are embarassing.

Im picking Khabib because he SHOULD win. Im rooting for Conor because Khabib fanboys are more annoying than conor fanboys....though it is close...maybe ill root for a double KO.

Sounds like a Conor nut hugger to me

Khabib is best at chain wrestling on the fence, but he wasn't always. Previous to Tibau, he mainly used single legs and ran the pipe along the fence. This gave him great difficulty taking down left handed opponents since his head was on the outside. Post-Tibau he adopted the AKA strategy, head high in the chest, left underhook, and trying to achieve another underhook to drop to a double/bodylock or clamping down on a weak underhook for a bodylock. From the bodylock he looks to hip toss or a step across forward trip. If the opponent resists by pulling back he'll inside trip and throw them back, or step around the opponent's left leg, hook it and pull their hips underneath him. If he can't get the bodylock - due to effective hand fighting of his opponent - he'll switch to a high crotch lift - if the opponent is upright or switch to a single leg if the opponent bases out. All of this is done from his opponent's left side. He hasn't shown the same chain wrestling ability from the other side. Often times Khabib will go through these sequences in what seems like slow motion. Guys like Barboza didn't understand what he is doing and used a one defense fits all strategy(clamping an overhook and digging for an underhook.) that made it easy for Khabib to defeat. Barboza did neutralize Khabib's attack by framing him off at the neck, not allowing Khabib to use his head in chest position to attack from. This prevented Khabib from getting bodylocks or switching to singles. BJJScout criticized this because he was taking a few arm punches, but it was much more effective than you would think. But Barboza tried the frame - post Khabib grabbing a single -making me wonder if he knew why it was being effective. On the fence, Iaquinta hand fought well to prevent bodylocks, but kept too upright in his posture. Khabib high crotch lifted him and swept out his far leg- three times in the row. Only in the 5th round did Iaquinta figure out how to neutralize this- by framing Khabib off and forcing him to switch to a single. Khabib isn't an unstoppabble monster. He is a methodical technician who is extremely persistent with his takedown attacks. He isn't a Henry Cejudo who uses amazing speed and athleticism in his takedown attacks, that would be nearly impossible to stop unless you could match that athleticism.
Great post. Very informative. Good reasoning on why he will win and how.
I for one appreciate this.

To be honest, we haven't seen enough from Khabib against top 10 opponents to have a clear idea of how good his grappling is. He only has two wins against the current top 15 fighters at LW, Barboza and Iaquinta. I think his technique might be a little overrated at this point, but his strength is something we can't deny. When you've wrestled from an early age, you're just built strong.

giphy.gif

Okay another idiot who thinks that only wrestling and BJJ achievements are the only kind of "Valid credentials". Listen, GSP and Sakuraba don't have any wrestling/grappling credentials of any kind and he would fup your favorite wrestlers with "real credentials"
So you are saying gsp and sakuraba also completed in your mouth?

Prime Sakuraba was (offense, defense, wrestling, grappling, submissions)

Habib just grinds and grinds

And grinds

Back