Khabib-McGregor negotiations under way

Who cares if negotiations drags on? Khabib is having his religious party thing for the whole summer and wont be back until fall or winter later this year anyways

I can't believe that anybody who knows anything about the fight game could have watched 30 minutes of that garbage and not noticed Floyd pulling punches throughout the whole sham.
Yeah, Floyd was clearly pulling his punches here, and INTENDED to miss every single punch in this combination.

Floyd the man who proclaimed himself "tbe" wanted to have embaressing moments against a 0-0 MMA fighter. It was so obvious

2vhvjer.gif

Derp

Stop being so full of yourself with that bullshit

This is not even about being a Conor fan or not. You can be a hater and still appreciate how competitive a 0-0 Conor was against a 49-0 Floyd

If you simply knew anything about boxing, then you would have known that Floyd always looked human against slick boxers, long fighters with a good jab, and big southpaws. Floyd always cherry picked pressure fighters and brawlers for a reason.

Conor is ALL of those things listed above that always gave Floyd trouble, PLUS Floyd didn't have any footage to study of Conor's boxing in a boxing ring. It made for a compelling dynamic

Anyone who knew anything about boxing, who had truly studied Floyd's career, and who wasn't biased, KNEW that Conor was always going to give Floyd significant trouble through out. Conor is a slick as fuck legit boxer. Conor proved that in their boxing match - pro debut and he wins ROUNDS and ROUNDS against "49-0 tbe." Incredible of Conor

Most objective people I knew said that Conor was going to do really great against Floyd, and win most of the rounds, but then eventually lose late in the fight due to Floyd's experience. I believed the same with the caveat that Conor could actually pull of the upset via decision if he were to score enough damage early on to carry him the fight. Conor DID ROCK Floyd a couple of times too. Floyd simply has one of the greatest chins in boxing history.

That's pretty much exactly what happened. Most non-biased people in the know picked Floyd by late stoppage

For any idiot who seriously tries to make the claim that Floyd fought Conor in a way he's never fought like before, I have 5 words for you

Zab Judah

Chop Chop Corely

GO WATCH THOSE FIGHTS

You will see that Floyd fought Conor the same exact way he's ALWAYS FOUGHT tall rangey southpaws who were giving him significant trouble

Floyd walked them down the same way he walked Conor down (after losing the earlier rounds the same way he lost the earlier rounds to Conor)

There was nothing unusual about that match

Haters just can't accept that Conor was a lot more legit of a world class elite boxer then ever imagined. The only thing Conor lacked was the experience and composure of being a veteran. But the skills and IQ were there. Even Floyd himself said he was shocked about how skilled/elite of a boxer Conor actually is.

If that shit was real, McGregor wouldn't have been able to land a single punch. Floyd would have put his ass to sleep in the 1st.
Yet according to people like you Floyd didn't get serious until after round 4

So then why did it still take him 6 more rounds to stop Conor

Stop with the silly excuses

Floyd prided himself on never losing rounds. The fact you believe that he would just let a 0-0 MMA fighter win 4 to 5 rounds over him, is stupid beyond belief, and shows a real deficiency in your ability to think like a normal rational human being

I have watched literally every fight in Floyds career. You can get hold of his career set fairly easily. I’m aware he starts slowly and likes to read his opponent, Conor moreso than most as nobody had any idea how he would box, or how well he could punch.

The uppercut landed in the first round I believe. Up until that point he probably hadn’t thrown 10 punches. You and I must have very different interpretations of ‘aggressive’.

What are Mayweathers usual tactics then? Enlighten us.

The very idea that Floyd fucking Mayweather decided to copy Nate Diaz’s approach to fighting bloody Conor McGregor tells me that you simply have no idea what you saw. The only approach Mayweather needed to take in this fight was to understand that he could stop him fairly quickly when he put his foot down. He told you exactly what he would do, and then did it almost to a tee, all the while wearing a bank robbers mask. Could what unfolded really have been any more blatant?
And another Conor hater who knows nothing about boxing

You people are legit nut job conspiracy theorists. Read my responses to chucksglassjaw. Applies directly to you as well

7c89a98da674e809daf9ed50e5a11029.gif

Conor rocked Floyd bad to the body with a legal hook to the lower gut on the belt line (legal)

Floyd needed the ref to come In and save him. Blatant corruption. Boxing corruption saved Floyd

Contrary to other myths Conor sherdog haters like to parrot, the uppercut wasn't the only big shot Conor landed, and Conor actually DID rock Floyd to the head too.

GM_20170919_215755.gif

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

converted.gif

Who cares if negotiations drags on? Khabib is having his religious party thing for the whole summer and wont be back until fall or winter later this year anyways
What religious party? Are you talking about Ramadan? If so that isn't a "party"

Yeah, Floyd was clearly pulling his punches here, and INTENDED to miss every single punch in this combination.

Floyd the man who proclaimed himself "tbe" wanted to have embaressing moments against a 0-0 MMA fighter. It was so obvious

2vhvjer.gif

Derp

This is not even about being a Conor fan or not. You can be a hater and still appreciate how competitive a 0-0 Conor was against a 49-0 Floyd

If you simply knew anything about boxing, then you would have known that Floyd always looked human against slick boxers, long fighters with a good jab, and big southpaws. Floyd always cherry picked pressure fighters and brawlers for a reason.

Conor is ALL of those things listed above that always gave Floyd trouble, PLUS Floyd didn't have any footage to study of Conor's boxing in a boxing ring. It made for a compelling dynamic

Anyone who knew anything about boxing, who had truly studied Floyd's career, and who wasn't biased, KNEW that Conor was always going to give Floyd significant trouble through out. Conor is a slick as fuck legit boxer. Conor proved that in their boxing match - pro debut and he wins ROUNDS and ROUNDS against "49-0 tbe." Incredible of Conor

Most objective people I knew said that Conor was going to do really great against Floyd, and win most of the rounds, but then eventually lose late in the fight due to Floyd's experience. I believed the same with the caveat that Conor could actually pull of the upset via decision if he were to score enough damage early on to carry him the fight. Conor DID ROCK Floyd a couple of times too. Floyd simply has one of the greatest chins in boxing history.

That's pretty much exactly what happened. Most non-biased people in the know picked Floyd by late stoppage

For any idiot who seriously tries to make the claim that Floyd fought Conor in a way he's never fought like before, I have 5 words for you

Zab Judah

Chop Chop Corely

GO WATCH THOSE FIGHTS

You will see that Floyd fought Conor the same exact way he's ALWAYS FOUGHT tall rangey southpaws who were giving him significant trouble

Floyd walked them down the same way he walked Conor down (after losing the earlier rounds the same way he lost the earlier rounds to Conor)

Haters just can't accept that Conor was a lot more legit of a world class elite boxer then ever imagined. The only thing Conor lacked was the experience and composure of being a veteran. But the skills and IQ were there. Even Floyd himself said he was shocked about how skilled/elite of a boxer Conor actually is.

Floyd prided himself on never losing rounds. The fact you believe that he would just let a 0-0 MMA fighter win 4 to 5 rounds over him, is stupid beyond belief, and shows a real deficiency in your ability to think like a normal rational human being

You people are legit nut job conspiracy theorists. Read my responses to chucksglassjaw. Applies directly to you as well

Conor rocked Floyd bad to the body with a legal hook to the lower gut on the belt line (legal)

Floyd needed the ref to come In and save him. Blatant corruption. Boxing corruption saved Floyd

Contrary to other myths Conor sherdog haters like to parrot, the uppercut wasn't the only big shot Conor landed, and Conor actually DID rock Floyd to the head too.

GM_20170919_215755.gif

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

converted.gif
All that nonsense you typed doesn't matter. The past prime retired fighter with fucked up hands won. Deal with it.

2vhvjer.gif

Derp

Zab Judah

Chop Chop Corely

GO WATCH THOSE FIGHTS

GM_20170919_215755.gif

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

converted.gif

Agreed that the ref choice was a work. Husband to disgraced judge Adelaide Bird, and in his pre fight talk to the fighters he was just staring a hole through Conor without once glancing over to Floyd. Didn't once give Floyd a warning for constantly ducking away and turning his back.

As for the fabled Conor uppercut. It caught Floyd by surprise yes, but even in the slow mo you can see it had little power to it. Conor excels in straight line punches where he extends his body and lunges. But on the uppercut it was all arm and he pulled back on it to make it sharp/fast. A powerful uppercut would have had more upward body rotation and follow through. Not saying it didnt hurt Floyd, but Floyd was in no danger whatsoever.

Dunstin Poirier? That guy's a can.

What negotiations? Conor said he would fight khabib for nearly nothing.
Fucking liar.

Why do people make such a big deal about that uppercut McGregor landed in the Floyd fight?

2vhvjer.gif

Derp

Zab Judah

Chop Chop Corely

GO WATCH THOSE FIGHTS

GM_20170919_215755.gif

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

converted.gif
Great post. Actually an underrated fight in retrospect. The “Floyd carried him” narrative dominated when in reality it was a super entertaining, satisfying, and surprisingly competitive fight.

Why do people make such a big deal about that uppercut McGregor landed in the Floyd fight?
Do you not remember the lead up to that fight? It was a year of “everyone who knows anything about boxing” screaming over and over that Conor wouldn’t get close to Floyd and wouldn’t last a round. Instead he lasted 10 solid rounds and got some legitimate hits on him, and even won some rounds (he won round 8 I believe, even after Floyd had stopped “carrying” him.)

2vhvjer.gif

Derp

Zab Judah

Chop Chop Corely

GO WATCH THOSE FIGHTS

GM_20170919_215755.gif

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

converted.gif

This is probably the most embarrassing post I’ve seen on sherdog, which is some achievement. Congratulations.

You don’t understand what you saw.

He didn’t fight Conor with a style he’s never utilised, he fought Conor with a nonchalance he’s never demonstrated. He fought him like a grown man fighting a boy who simply couldn’t do anything to hurt him.

Again, you simply don’t know what you witnessed. You shouldn’t be allowed to talk about combat sports.

Do you not remember the lead up to that fight? It was a year of “everyone who knows anything about boxing” screaming over and over that Conor wouldn’t get close to Floyd and wouldn’t last a round. Instead he lasted 10 solid rounds and got some legitimate hits on him, and even won some rounds (he won round 8 I believe, even after Floyd had stopped “carrying” him.)

That has nothing to do with my question

I don’t know a single person who thought Floyd would KO Conor in the first. There were countless people on this very forum however who beleieved that Conor has a good chance of winning, and absolutely no chance of being stopped.

One guy walked into the ring, and did exactly what he said he was going to do, literally to a tee, and after spending the build up to it partying. The other guy chatted shit, got banged about by the ‘brittle handed, old, midget’ and hasn’t fought since.

Conor’s balls are in the back pocket of one of Floyds chinchilla coats.

You really have questions & concerns on who can call themselves true champ...
tenor.gif
Absolutely. Three guys can claim it.

Conor - 1 fight at LW, 1 year and 5 months ago, but beat the previous champ.
Ferguson - best wins and most active at LW, beat Lee for his belt. IC only.
Khabib - flawless record, usually dominant in wins. Very few top wins, beat Iaquinta for the belt.

That's a mess and needs clarification by these guys fighting one another or a fighter (cough, Conor) actually announcing his retirement.

Back