Khabib Nurmagomedov claims friend was tortured by police in Dagestan

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
Nurmagomedov eventually took to Instagram in his friend’s defence:

"The person you see in the photo is my friend Akim Kuliyev, whom I know since my childhood, first of all, as a very brave man. Those who had tortured and abused him got convinced of it, I'm sure... During another act of torture, he cut his stomach open, stating that he would not sign to what he hadn't done.”

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE IN FOLLOWING LINK!
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...riend-tortured-police-dagestan-mma-crime-news

Injustice in Dagestan?

Is normal.

yeah but it's news because Khabib is using his local fame and influence to fight it.

Areas like this where injustice and abuse of power are really common are where we often see the most dramatic displays of virtue and honor.

A couple of years ago a gang of ISIS militants caught a Dagestani policeman who was trying to put them in jail and assassinated him on camera.

They asked him for his words to his fellow officers [in an attempt to intimidate them] and he simply said: "keep up the good job, comrades".

It was an extremely admirable and virtuous thing to do in such a situation.

Comparable to the death of Socrates where the philosopher chose not to go against truth and wisdom for the sake of his earthly life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-tried-make-film-message-telling-quit.html

Says they are appealing to the state Duma... this guy is part of state Duma and has been charged before of putting hits on people in other countries. Do you think he’s going to give a fuck ?LOL

Delimkhanov-at-rally.jpg

Am I understanding this right that Khabib's friend cut his stomach open so that he would need medical attention and be transferred out of the police station, to escape the torture they were afflicting upon him in attempt to get a signed confession?

That's fucking amazing. Good for Khabib for using his influence to bring this to light. I hope he can be an activisit against something that actually matters here. He needs to be careful going out in public though. Target on his back for this

yeah but it's news because Khabib is using his local fame and influence to fight it.

Areas like this where injustice and abuse of power are really common are where we often see the most dramatic displays of virtue and honor.

A couple of years ago a gang of ISIS militants caught a Dagestani policeman who was trying to put them in jail and assassinated him on camera.

They asked him for his words to his fellow officers [in an attempt to intimidate them] and he simply said: "keep up the good job, comrades".

It was an extremely admirable and virtuous thing to do in such a situation.

Comparable to the death of Socrates where the philosopher chose not to go against truth and wisdom for the sake of his earthly life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-tried-make-film-message-telling-quit.html
Great post, enjoyed reading it.

Says they are appealing to the state Duma... this guy is part of state Duma and has been charged before of putting hits on people in other countries. Do you think he’s going to give a fuck ?LOL

Delimkhanov-at-rally.jpg

{<jordan}

Dagestan and Chechnya are probably the most corrupt and barbaric places on the planet.

If Russia didn’t rule them as a colony, I’d support a US intervention to give them a dose of freedom.

{<jordan}

Dagestan and Chechnya are probably the most corrupt and barbaric places on the planet.

If Russia didn’t rule them as a colony, I’d support a US intervention to give them a dose of freedom.

Well Chechnya is actually doing pretty well considering. Republics like Chechnya need a leader like kadyrov. If he was gone, terrorist militants would be running the show instead and it would be a disaster. They are making progress for sure, but there are definitely some barbaric people in the mix

Am I understanding this right that Khabib's friend cut his stomach open so that he would need medical attention and be transferred out of the police station, to escape the torture they were afflicting upon him in attempt to get a signed confession?
Looks that way, pretty insane shit.

Well Chechnya is actually doing pretty well considering. Republics like Chechnya need a leader like kadyrov. If he was gone, terrorist militants would be running the show instead and it would be a disaster. They are making progress for sure, but there are definitely some barbaric people in the mix

True. Seems like they need a tough militant to keep some sort of order, but more often than not those militants are hypocrite theocrats.

I lived next to some Chechen refugees back in the 90s. They’re nice 1on1, but in groups...

You also never saw their women, I don’t know where do they hide them. Not even in school.

Sorry if I'm not deeply wounded and surprised at police abuses in fucking Dagestan of all places...
The normalcy of violence there doesn't make your joke funny. You're being defensive because it was pointed out your joke was shite. If you're going to be shocking, do it in a clever way. Don't rehash old jokes that lost their luster months ago.

The normalcy of violence there doesn't make your joke funny. You're being defensive because it was pointed out your joke was shite. If you're going to be shocking, do it in a clever way. Don't rehash old jokes that lost their luster months ago.

Ok, oh high arbiter of comedy.

Back