Khabib Nurmagomedov, Max Holloway, And Nate Diaz Will Be Conor's Next Three Opponents

According to Bisping, Conor was going to challenge Khabib at 223 if not for the bus incident. That got him slapped with a restraining order so it would've been a criminal offense for him to show up in the arena. I don't think he thought it through.

I think he'll fight Khabib next, assuming all goes well with his court date in June and he gets the expected slap on the wrist. Will he win? Can't say because it's 50/50. Either he catches Khabib stepping in, or Khabib gets a takedown and mauls him.

Holloway, I don't know about. Diaz probably won't get a 3rd fight unless he gets a fight or 2 in before it's time to make the rubber match. If he stays inactive it'll be a tough sell.

You could be right, but you're probably wrong since I think Ortega might take Max's place in your line-up. Dat boi good.

If you hadn't made it about yourself, it would have stayed out of the wasteland. But, you had to go and do a gimmick...

No, you were looking for a reason to Wasteland it anyway, probably because you hate the very content of what I have predicted. Whether someone touts their own intellectual ability in predicting the future is irrelevant as to whether a thread should be Wasteland'ed or not.

This. Conor has shown no desire to challenge himself or test his skills against anyone since he stopped Aldo. Given Khabib's demolition of Barboza, a far more technically sound and accomplished striker, Conor would be insane to fight him any time within the next year.
He might be handed a fight at WW should an Eddie Alvarez-type mistake happen, where an aging striker catches an obviously better opponent and wins a belt they don't deserve (sorry, Eddie).
Finally, Dana White is a cockroach. Coming out of the woodwork only to tease cancerous bullshit fights that prove nothing and earn him maximal dollars while ensuring that his casual fan bait remains untarnished. That is why you're about to be subjected to Lesnar, CM Punk, and eventually Mayweather in what promises to be the smothering death of a once great sport.

All of that is rough going if you're a fan of MMA because Conor is an obviously talented fighter who appears to be set to eventually reach age 35 having wasted his prime on one real accomplishment surrounded by absolute nonsense.

Agreed apart from the Aldo comparison. Aldo is more polished than Barboza in a lot of ways, and in more areas than vise versa. And then accomplishment wise, you couldn't really mean that. No way. Barboza has yet to even begin to breathe the fumes of a belt, let alone retain for ten years.
But again, I mostly agree with the rest of what you said.

Cant see nate fight happening if its not till late 2019. Does nate not take another fight till then in your prediction or am I just over thinking it

Not sure. I still don't know where or how Tony Ferguson will fit into all of this - Maybe he and Nate fight after he returns, and Diaz surprises a lot of people by defeating him? Not that Nate NEEDS to beat anyone to get the McGregor fight, obviously the fight is built on enough history and big enough on his own that they'll give him a title shot regardless (yes, I know their rivalry isn't about championships or anything, but the title would still be at stake if they fought while Conor was the champ), but if he were able to defeat Ferguson, a guy riding a 10 fight win streak, it'd be hard to deny him a shot anyway.

Not sure. I still don't know where or how Tony Ferguson will fit into all of this - Maybe he and Nate fight after he returns, and Diaz surprises a lot of people by defeating him? Not that Nate NEEDS to beat anyone to get the McGregor fight, obviously the fight is built on enough history and big enough on his own that they'll give him a title shot regardless (yes, I know their rivalry isn't about championships or anything, but the title would still be at stake if they fought while Conor was the champ), but if he were able to defeat Ferguson, a guy riding a 10 fight win streak, it'd be hard to deny him a shot anyway.
That would be a massive win for nate, but I don't think he risks taking that fight either. Makes the most sense if khabib/conor happens first tho.

I think khabib takes to much time off, giving the ufc the option of conor/nate3 in the mean time while tony as well is still hurt. Most of sherdog cries about it, all of sherdog pays to watch it

Back