Khabib: Poirier is a worthy title fighter, but I've got no respect for him. I will break Conor.

DarkneT, my man I can see that you are reading the thread. Please write something glorious :D.

3.jpg

What was he supposed to do? Decline the championship fight that the UFC offered him?

You are delusional. Tony pulled out. Holloway pulled out. Conor didn't take the fight.
So Khabib should've said fuck it, I'm not gonna fight anybody? I'm not gonna save the card?
Is that preferable for you?
Shouldn't have pulled out and denied tony in November

People calling Khabib a paper champion are a joke.

He's 26-0 and tied with Tony Ferguson for the longest win streak in UFC Lightweight history; He's also rarely if ever lost a round. The division needs somebody as champion at the moment and Khabib is the best option. Conor has been inactive for two years in MMA and Ferguson is out with an injury. Direct your criticisms elsewhere, noobs.

Last edited:
People calling Khabib a paper champion are a joke.

He's 26-0 and tied with Tony Ferguson for the longest win streak in Lightweight history; He's also rarely if ever lost a round. The division needs somebody as champion at the moment and Khabib is the best option. Conor has been inactive for two years in MMA and Ferguson is out with an injury. Direct your criticisms elsewhere, noobs.

Officially he hasn't lost a round. Some claim though that he lost the Tibau fight, although the judges gave Khabib all the rounds.
I can see an argument there, because that was Khabib's weakest performance.

End of the year???

It’s April..
"Possible fight by the end of the year"....it's fuckin April. Khabib with a belt is gonna fight even less than Khabib without a belt.

You two do realize Ramadan starts soon? Then he would need a normal fight camp after it ends, which is usually around 8-12 weeks, which places the fight around Oct-Dec.. end of yr.

He missed weight because he's a WW who can make LW occasionally, but knows the steroids aren't going to help him against guys his size.
Occasionally? Twice in over 25 fights is "occasionally"? You should tune in to reality, not fanboy bias filled with hate.. it's corny.

One need not fault Habib to recognize that his title is weak.

I think one thing he could have done is try to get a title defense scheduled quickly. He didn't seem to take much damage vs Iaquinta and the division has been log-jammed for a while, so there's several decent fights he could take. Instead we have to play the waiting game. So much for Khabib saving the LW division. He'll be better than Conor because he'll fight rarely while Conor never defended at all. But outside of that comparison, Khabib is likely to be a very inactive champ.
Ramadan starts in like 1 month, there is really no time, to prepare and promote a fight, the next PPV is Brazil so it really doesn't make sense. Khabib could fight in september but then it would be hard to get another fight before the end of the year.

I don't see how that is fair. He has pulled out of how many fights? Injuries... weight issues... declined fights due to religious purposes... Does he even have a 50% show record for fights he has committed to in the UFC?

Did they give belts around to others like candy when Khabib was too busy being unprofessional in his own ways?
3 fights in his entire career, is not often, nor anywhere near 50% of his UFC fights.. simmer down. Conor was given the Candy belt. The fanboy for Conor is very odd, and the hate toward Khabib is silly.

Occasionally? Twice in over 25 fights is "occasionally"? You should tune in to reality, not fanboy bias filled with hate.. it's corny.

Those early comments are spam by Connor fans, they came to this thread like flies to shit.

"Possible fight by the end of the year"....it's fuckin April. Khabib with a belt is gonna fight even less than Khabib without a belt.
Great. We just went from a champion who won five belts and never defended once to a fighter who is one of the most notorious pull out merchants in history, celebrates Ramadan from half of the year AND trains at AKA! Fuck.

out_of_frying_pan.gif

No excuse for him not being active. I thought he wanted to be the anti-Conor.. Defend as much as possible. You can easily fight this summer. Easily. January or December. That’s ridiculous.

Hes muslim and Ramadan is in June this year, so hed have to fight before June or start his camp after it, so two month after the end of june is end of August, beginning of September. Thats the earliest he can fight.

Hes muslim and Ramadan is in June this year, so hed have to fight before June or start his camp after it, so two month after the end of june is end of August, beginning of September. Thats the earliest he can fight.
That's the earliest Khabib CHOOSES to fight, not 'can' fight. This isn't a medical or physical restriction, it is a conscious lifestyle choice

That's the earliest Khabib CHOOSES to fight, not 'can' fight. This isn't a medical or physical restriction, it is a conscious lifestyle choice

True bu he at least gives specific month when he come back. Not like Conor who said that I want to be with my wife during her pregnancy, and I'll come back whenever.

I hate what Conor did to both 145 and 155... but, sorry, he is supposed to save Khabib's card? WTF for? He has no stake in it.

Yea, Conor's a bitch for making the UFC LW title into a prop to aide his reality tv lifestyle... but, the fact remains that he has shown up for every fight he has agreed to no matter the weight, no matter the circumstances.

That is much more professionalism than Khabib has shown in his career.
Yeah, I agree with this.
Conor should have defended the fucking belt ages ago, or the UFC should have stripped him, but I don't fault him for not stepping into this fight with Khabib on the what...one week notice?
Despite his "any time/stay ready" bullshit tweets, I don't want to see fighters take fights they aren't actually ready for, especially when they're high stake fights that are hard to book.

Back