Khabib: Poirier is a worthy title fighter, but I've got no respect for him. I will break Conor.

I suspected as much that he doesn't respect Poirer which is why his camp are happy to fight him next and jumped at the chance rather than the tougher stylistic match up in Alvarez.

He has some other beef with Alvarez.

Alvarez and Khabib agreed to fight in 2016, but then Alvarez pulled out at short notice and UFC made the Alvarez vs McGregor fight and fooked Khabib over.
Khabib is still upset about that.

Last edited:
Yeah terrified against someone that can't finish a realtor.
well then...sign that contract...he was eager to fight khabib at the parking lot...so don't give me that...."not enough money"...

I hate what Conor did to both 145 and 155... but, sorry, he is supposed to save Khabib's card? WTF for? He has no stake in it.

Yea, Conor's a bitch for making the UFC LW title into a prop to aide his reality tv lifestyle... but, the fact remains that he has shown up for every fight he has agreed to no matter the weight, no matter the circumstances.

That is much more professionalism than Khabib has shown in his career.
Hes a bitch for saying he was ready if any1 was injured and then not following through. If you remember correctly Conor bashed aldo for a similar move. He also bashed the panic wrestler then turned panic wrestler against Nate so its typical of him.

That's the earliest Khabib CHOOSES to fight, not 'can' fight. This isn't a medical or physical restriction, it is a conscious lifestyle choice

Yep, it's the earliest he can fight while sticking to the way of life which he chose, thats what I meant. But for him going to paradise is more important than defending his title, so he wont be fightinf any sooner than that.

Hes a bitch for saying he was ready if any1 was injured and then not following through. If you remember correctly Conor bashed aldo for a similar move. He also bashed the panic wrestler then turned panic wrestler against Nate so its typical of him.
Agreed. Conor talk out of his ass 8/10 times when he has the chance to say something.

He trapped himself in a corner trying to sound like a tough guy.

Yep, it's the earliest he can fight while sticking to the way of life which he chose, thats what I meant.

Again, no, that's not the earliest he can fight. He can fight as soon as medical suspension ends.

Again, no, that's not the earliest he can fight. He can fight as soon as medical suspension ends.

Ok. True, he can say screw religion, screw family I can fight during Ramadan. But he said in several interviews, I'm fighting next fight in september-october. Do we have any kind of date from Conor? When is he coming back? Can this fight be made? I hope so, I bet you hope so to so we can all skip this BS on Sherdog.

So guys, you as his fans bomb his twitter and beg him to make a come back.

I posted a possible explanation in the OP.
To be honest I am not sure why he said that, but that is the best I could find. He did not explain.

He doesn't respect Porier because he think's he's going to win?

{<huh}

Yeah. He seems to defend Porier's legitimacy and then turn around and say he doesn't respect him.

Just seems strange.

Agree. Some people in the thread saying it could mean that he doesn't respect his abilities. I know russian and yes sure it could mean that as well.
Maybe because of the things he said about "go shine that belt for me", he thinks he's a legit as a challanger for the title but not as a person.

Who knows? ;) Let's hope someone will ask at future press conference.

This myth that a professional fighter is scared of another is always funny to me . U guys don’t understand his leverage he could have fought Diaz for his first defense . Or he could have fought max there are fights for him if he truly wanted to dodge , but he hasn’t fought anyone . He has his own reasons not to fight . U guys keep complaining that he gets special treatment ,. Well he puts in the most work . Literally the amount of media he has to do is insane . But it brings in revenue . The bread winner calls the shot

I can't really see conor ever stepping foot in the octagon with Khabib.

Not only would he lose, but it would be a humiliating loss.
Conor being humiliated by Diaz, Duffy and mayweather was glorious

Back