Khabib Reaches New Political Heights. Now has PUTINS right ear!!!

With how corrupt and unfair the russian gov is, I wouldn't be surprised he gets initiated into the circles of oligarchs and becomes a politician despite having no political acumen or anything near it asides religious larping.

This is political.

Art is often the enemy of authoritarian regimes. Freedom of expression leads to dissidents because people think too much.

Rap has many forms but the rap that makes you think is the worst enemy of Putin and the oligarchs of the world. Including USA!
No rap makes you think much. It often comes across as whinny because you can't fit any serious substance in a 4minute rap song. For comparison, there are books that are shit, and they consist of hundred of pages of text. If you listen rap to hear a serious political discourse on societal issues, you are wasting your time and even negatively impacting your understanding.

tenor.png

Western values are pretty much down the toilet at this point n it’s camouflaged under the notion “freedom”.

Western politicians use these “freedoms” to dumb down their ppl

Agree with him here. Alot of the degeneracy in current society and social media can be drawn to cookie cutter rap these days and all the trap shit sounding the same

it was better and more positive when it was about murder, and street shit

Lol, he is just worried about ideas that could destroy a nation. Lenin had similar concerns. Freedom of expression is terrifying to people who want doing more than to oppress…
Have you really fallen for this cold war v2? Isn't it blatant bogey man enemy labelling to you? It's unbelievable how people do not learn from history and see what the media is carrying out. Everything the US accuses Russia of, they do something similar themselves. That ridiculous robot article that was doing the rounds recently - are we expected to believe that fake ass looking thing was REALLY trying to be passed off as genuine technology? Of course not, it's all creating a picture and a story to portray Russia in a certain way. Wake up.

No rap makes you think much. It often comes across as whinny because you can't fit any serious substance in a 4minute rap song. For comparison, there are books that are shit, and they consist of hundred of pages of text. If you listen rap to hear a serious political discourse on societal issues, you are wasting your time and even negatively impacting your understanding.
You don’t know shit about rap.

If they want to shut down this soundcloud rap garbage than I'm all for it.

Hate to be one of these "it used to be better back in the days" but that's honestly how it feels.

This is related to UFC/MMA/Khabib fight how?

Seems like more of anti Americanism then Islamic attitude, because in that case, Khabib should not come out to Music at all, as Music in Islam is haraam

May Allah forgive Khabib

You think getting your opinions from Rupert Murdoch or Turner owned propaganda machines is better than listening to Tupac, Nas, Eminem, Immortal Technique or Vinnie Paz etc.?

Lol, he is just worried about ideas that could destroy a nation. Lenin had similar concerns. Freedom of expression is terrifying to people who want doing more than to oppress…

Are you really going to pretend that there is no problem in the music culture and that there hasn't been over the past few decades?

Many of these musicians that kids look up to are drug addicts, criminals, have disgusting lyrics and just shitty people in general.

Russian Vladimir Putin has asked the government to "take charge" of rap music

Speaking at a meeting of the presidential Council for Culture and Art in St Petersburg, President Putin said the problem should be approached "with great caution".

"However, what I really agree with is that if it is impossible to stop it, it should be taken over and navigated in a particular way," he said.

"Rap and other modern [forms of art] are rested upon three pillars - sex, drugs and protest," he said. "I am most worried about drugs. This is the way towards the degradation of a nation."

He’s right.

I agree.

Its not rap thats bad. Its the dumb idiots that mess it up.

I think modern rap might be a symptom of a sick society not the cause of it.

Not modern rap, mainstream rap. There are plenty of rappers that don't follow the "I drive fast cars, do drugs and fuck sluts" mantra that has permeated mainstream music. I can list quite a few modern rappers that do quite the opposite, that tell of their personal battles with loss, depression, anxiety, betrayal etc. and use their music as a way to help people with similar issues to cope.

With how corrupt and unfair the russian gov is, I wouldn't be surprised he gets initiated into the circles of oligarchs and becomes a politician despite having no political acumen or anything near it asides religious larping.

I don't think it's an issue of corruption or unfairness.

It's something Russia and neighboring countries inherited from Soviet Union's legacy- the elevation of public figures (actors, singers, writers, athletes, etc.) into political offices.

It's actually really common for boxers, wrestlers, kickboxers, etc. to become (the equivalent of) congressmen in Russia after they retire or even during their careers.

I liked the good old days where music influenced my political views, sexual behaviour and choice of drugs in a more positive way.

I don't think it's an issue of corruption or unfairness.

It's something Russia and neighboring countries inherited from Soviet Union's legacy- the elevation of public figures (actors, singers, writers, athletes, etc.) into political offices.

It's actually really common for boxers, wrestlers, kickboxers, etc. to become (the equivalent of) congressmen in Russia after they retire or even during their careers.
I suppose I can see it from a traditional standpoint, but it is still a bad practise in general.

This is political.

Art is often the enemy of authoritarian regimes. Freedom of expression leads to dissidents because people think too much.

Rap has many forms but the rap that makes you think is the worst enemy of Putin and the oligarchs of the world. Including USA!

99% of rap isnt made to make you think. Its just another product to sell like the rest of show business. Actual rap was pushed aside long time ago.

Back