Khabib should not close the distance

gb@Trumpski

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if Khabib should maintain his distance, make conor hit and miss for roudn 1. If rnd 1 ends as a draw or conor wins, no problem, but make sure conor tries to engage.

Then rnd 2, khabib tries to do his thing.

Really? Your great plan is for Khabib to stand with Conor for the first round?

Khabib who looked so sloppy striking with Ragin' Al? Conor whose best chance is landing a big punch in the first?

Damn son, thanks for trying at least.

What? You want Khabib to play Russian roulette with Conor for 1 round? That is insane.

I wonder if Khabib should maintain his distance, make conor hit and miss for roudn 1. If rnd 1 ends as a draw or conor wins, no problem, but make sure conor tries to engage.

Great shout, stand in-front of Conor <Moves>

Really? Your great plan is for Khabib to stand with Conor for the first round?

Khabib who looked so sloppy striking with Ragin' Al? Conor whose best chance is landing a big punch in the first?

Damn son, thanks for trying at least.

If Khabib stands on the outside and forces Conor to chase him it makes Conor more susceptible to takedowns. I actually think this is the better strategy for Khabib because Conor’s best win condition is catching Khabib on the counter coming in

Yeah that might actually be his best gameplan because if he comes forward with his hands down he's getting KO'd in 5 minutes or less.

giphy.gif

Right because Khabib is super elusive with his striking defense. IT will be even better against the dude in the UFC that is probably one of the best at managing distance.

Right because Khabib is super elusive with his striking defense. IT will be even better against the dude in the UFC that is probably one of the best at managing distance.

Which is why a premature attempt to close would be so damaging.

Staying slightly outside striking range is safer than closing, although of course there is some risk.

:D
Khabib wil lbe isntructed to keep 1.5 metres, enough to keep referee mouth shut, enough to tempt conor at times, and safe away from that touch of death
They will be screaming to wake the guy up <Lmaoo>

yea that seems like a great plan. or else he can do what he is good at and have the possibilite to win the fight.

:D
Khabib wil lbe isntructed to keep 1.5 metres, enough to keep referee mouth shut, enough to tempt conor at times, and safe away from that touch of death
yup. that is exactly what Range and Timing fighters like Conor hate. A guy who can grapplef#ck him and instead trying to beat Conor where Conor is best by trying to use timing and range against him. Brilliant. Brilliant I say. The missing ingredient in so many grappler V Striker fights is that the grappler should stay outside and not grapple and just try to make the striker miss.

<TheWire1>

I don't think it's that dumb either, and I expect him to do this actually, likely not for the entire first round but there will most certainly be a long feeling out process. Conor will be instructed not to attempt any kicks, so it will all be pot shots from the outside, he will not step in too far unless he has khabib in some sort of trouble, or is landing consistently.

I think it's a decent plan to stand back, see if he fires off some leg kicks, give him a bit of false security and try not to miss on your first TD attempt. I also expect conor to have some sort of plan in case this situation does unfold, very interesting fight.

Agreed, he should fight the longer better striker at range and not close the distance

Back