Khabib should not close the distance

70jgnr.jpg
That fight is still better than Ngannou vs Black Beast.

Make Conor miss? How? Using his amazing defensive skills?

Khabib should start the fight already in the middle of the octagon and just jump on Conor legs ASAP.

Conor doesn't punch hard enough to rock Khabib IMO so he's fucked either way.

Khabib is no Nate Diaz who has terrible defence or sloppy Eddie Alvarez who is a crude brawler.

dont know what makes people think that Khabib got bad defensive skills

Last edited:
That fight is still better than Ngannou vs Black Beast.
I agree. That was a historic moment in the UFC. I'm trying to forget the Ng vs. beast fight.

Also like the flack Starnes got (and the firing) as I thought he was a dickhead in TUF. I didn't like Quarry either (coddling Leban was annoying) and I'm glad Rich turned him into a HOF worthy highlight too.

Really? Your great plan is for Khabib to stand with Conor for the first round?

Khabib who looked so sloppy striking with Ragin' Al? Conor whose best chance is landing a big punch in the first?

Damn son, thanks for trying at least.
Looked sloppy against raging all? He outstruck him with ease and tooled with the guy on the feet. Even landed like 5 straight jabs in a row at one point.

He should go in chin high hands down and toy with Connie for 5 mins huh... Not a bad game plan!!

Nah. He needs to close the distance. Conor's strength lies in his distance management. Staying at range or even just outside of range is a bad idea for Khabib. He needs to pressure and get in tight. He needs to get his way to the clinch and get Conor against the cage for the TD's.

Are you a double agent working for Connor?

I wonder if Khabib should maintain his distance, make conor hit and miss for roudn 1. If rnd 1 ends as a draw or conor wins, no problem, but make sure conor tries to engage.

Then rnd 2, khabib tries to do his thing.

I think something like this as well. For the first round Khabib should just circle and feint, maybe shoot for an occasional low single, which is pretty safe. I don't think he should charge into the clinch like he usually does. So yeah, circle, feint, ocasoccasional single leg attempts, and let Conor close the distance for him.

If Khabib stands on the outside and forces Conor to chase him it makes Conor more susceptible to takedowns. I actually think this is the better strategy for Khabib because Conor’s best win condition is catching Khabib on the counter coming in

<36>

I wonder if Conor's best bet is to go for a firemans throw and get top position on khabib so he can apply that arm triangle

Looked sloppy against raging all? He outstruck him with ease and tooled with the guy on the feet. Even landed like 5 straight jabs in a row at one point.

Super deep level of thinking here...

What if Conor paid Raging Al’s camp.... MILLIONS.... to fight khabib and just get out struck so it gives the false narrative khabib is a good striker ... just so he tries to exchange with Conor?

Go deeper

He also told Al to be taken down at will so khabib thinks he’s still amazing at shooting?

Thoughts? Lol

I got khabib winning by GNP -80%
Conor via TKO / Dana white screaming in Herb Dean ear piece @ 1-2 rounds - 20%

The point is not to give Conor space to land strikes at will. He's going to make Conor miss with his pressure and get an opening. Or maybe take one to land one. Rinse. Repeat. Game over.

I don't think it's that dumb either, and I expect him to do this actually, likely not for the entire first round but there will most certainly be a long feeling out process. Conor will be instructed not to attempt any kicks, so it will all be pot shots from the outside, he will not step in too far unless he has khabib in some sort of trouble, or is landing consistently.

I think it's a decent plan to stand back, see if he fires off some leg kicks, give him a bit of false security and try not to miss on your first TD attempt. I also expect conor to have some sort of plan in case this situation does unfold, very interesting fight.

Conor has the longer reach and the far superior striking skills. Khabib does not have the defensive skills nor the footwork to do what you are suggesting. Unless he's literally running from Conor, he's going to get hit. His path to victory is to get into the clinch as soon as possible, not hang around on the outside.

If Khabib stands on the outside and forces Conor to chase him it makes Conor more susceptible to takedowns. I actually think this is the better strategy for Khabib because Conor’s best win condition is catching Khabib on the counter coming in
Khabib is a beast no doubt. I just don't think he has the foot work to have Conor chase him

I wonder if Khabib should maintain his distance, make conor hit and miss for roudn 1. If rnd 1 ends as a draw or conor wins, no problem, but make sure conor tries to engage.

Then rnd 2, khabib tries to do his thing.
How is a guy who is known for bum rushing going to control the distance against the best distance control guy in MMA????

How is a guy who is known for bum rushing going to control the distance against the best distance control guy in MMA????
it doesnt have to be razor tight. dangle the carrot, step away.

Back