Khabib should not close the distance

it doesnt have to be razor tight. dangle the carrot, step away.
He will get hit every time he dangles a carrot. Khabib is not fast enough to avoid getting hit form the outside, something conor specializes in. Jesus the stupid burns.

Conor has the longer reach and the far superior striking skills. Khabib does not have the defensive skills nor the footwork to do what you are suggesting. Unless he's literally running from Conor, he's going to get hit. His path to victory is to get into the clinch as soon as possible, not hang around on the outside.

Disagree. Conor does have the reach and is far superior but he is no legend moving forward. 80% of his striking comes from counters and backing up. He isn't some pressure fighter by any means. Khabib needs to exercise some patience and can certainly pick a better time to explode than the first bell.

Disagree. Conor does have the reach and is far superior but he is no legend moving forward. 80% of his striking comes from counters and backing up. He isn't some pressure fighter by any means. Khabib needs to exercise some patience and can certainly pick a better time to explode than the first bell.

That is a totally incorrect statement, Conor leads the dance most of the time. Go back and watch the Mendes fight, he literally walked Mendes down the entire time.

That is a totally incorrect statement, Conor leads the dance most of the time. Go back and watch the Mendes fight, he literally walked Mendes down the entire time.

After 1 week camp Mendes gassed yeah sure he did.

Khabib is a great wrestler. Conor's ground game is non-existent, and that's being generous. If Khabib gets his mitts on Conor, even one time, it's done, and it will be ugly, like uglier than Conor.

giphy.gif

Does the carpet match the drapes?

Right because Khabib is super elusive with his striking defense. IT will be even better against the dude in the UFC that is probably one of the best at managing distance.
To be honest , khabib doesn't really get hit a lot. I mean standing with conor is stupid but statistically, he absorbs less strikes lol

Looked sloppy against raging all? He outstruck him with ease and tooled with the guy on the feet. Even landed like 5 straight jabs in a row at one point.
Because AL was worried about the takedown. How many times have we seem this in MMA. Striker has to approach fight differently due to that threat. Look at thompson vs woodley. Jds vs Cain . Demian Maia vs anybody lol

I wonder if Khabib should maintain his distance, make conor hit and miss for roudn 1. If rnd 1 ends as a draw or conor wins, no problem, but make sure conor tries to engage.

Then rnd 2, khabib tries to do his thing.
What makes you think Khabib has the ability to make Conor miss?...

I completely agree with OP that it is better to be on the canvas in a round than be CTE'd after several.

Really? Your great plan is for Khabib to stand with Conor for the first round?

Khabib who looked so sloppy striking with Ragin' Al? Conor whose best chance is landing a big punch in the first?

Damn son, thanks for trying at least.
most fights i remember hes always pressing, always uses small steps, never crow hops or over extends.

Because AL was worried about the takedown. How many times have we seem this in MMA. Striker has to approach fight differently due to that threat. Look at thompson vs woodley. Jds vs Cain . Demian Maia vs anybody lol
True but Conor will be even more worried considering he has worse wrasslin than Al.

I wonder if Khabib should maintain his distance, make conor hit and miss for roudn 1. If rnd 1 ends as a draw or conor wins, no problem, but make sure conor tries to engage.

Then rnd 2, khabib tries to do his thing.

Conor should not strike with Khabib.

I wonder if Conor should close the distance, make Khabib wrestle him in round 1. If rnd 1 ends as a draw or Khabib wins, no problem, but Conor should make sure to wrestle Khabib.

Then rnd 2, Conor tries to do his thing (striking).

Conor will be flat on his back in the first 1:30

He’d be better off trying to bate Connor into guard like werdum vs overeem

To be honest , khabib doesn't really get hit a lot. I mean standing with conor is stupid but statistically, he absorbs less strikes lol

He doesn't get hit because he is generally on top of people, hitting them.

Which is why a premature attempt to close would be so damaging.

Staying slightly outside striking range is safer than closing, although of course there is some risk.

It sounds easy but with a guy like Conor who is a master at controlling and manipulating distance, it is a risky proposition. There is a very fine line between being out of range and getting sucked into range and hit with a left.

It's simply not what Khabib does. He needs to pressure Conor, with striking to get him up against the cage and put him on the mat. I'm not saying that will be easy either, but that should be the plan, don't let Conor breath or get a rhythm.

Back