Khabib should not close the distance

Really? Your great plan is for Khabib to stand with Conor for the first round?

Khabib who looked so sloppy striking with Ragin' Al? Conor whose best chance is landing a big punch in the first?

Damn son, thanks for trying at least.
Al is a good striker btw.

That's a great idea, but Khabib may lack the boxing defense to do what May and Nate did. Nate did not really try to engage for near two rounds and got dropped three times and surrendered two rounds. Beating Conor may seem easy from the outside, but as, Eddie can attest (same with everyone else that he beat), 'perception is not reality'.

It sounds easy but with a guy like Conor who is a master at controlling and manipulating distance, it is a risky proposition. There is a very fine line between being out of range and getting sucked into range and hit with a left.

It's simply not what Khabib does. He needs to pressure Conor, with striking to get him up against the cage and put him on the mat. I'm not saying that will be easy either, but that should be the plan, don't let Conor breath or get a rhythm.
I think TS assumes Conor will just head hunt the whole time and not go to the body or legs. As Conor showed after Nate humbled him, he can game plan for the full 5 with no problem. If Conor starts going to the body, that could totally pay dividends in the long run, with Khabib being totally sapped.

Khabib is also like Conor, in the sense that he is a monster for 10 minutes but then dips. Al was not the first fight where Khabib looked to be str8 maulin' a guy and then he stopped being so dominant. I just do not see Khabib surrendering pressure rounds, hoping Conor will gas and that he can withstand the punishment handed out.

Khabib is a great wrestler. Conor's ground game is non-existent, and that's being generous. If Khabib gets his mitts on Conor, even one time, it's done, and it will be ugly, like uglier than Conor.
His ground game is much better than people give him credit for when he is not gassed.

Kabib will keep a slight distance and go for the TD or clinch as soon as possible, every time, immediately when he sees the opening. He won't fuck around until he gasses Conor out on the mat.

I wonder if Khabib should maintain his distance, make conor hit and miss for roudn 1. If rnd 1 ends as a draw or conor wins, no problem, but make sure conor tries to engage.

Then rnd 2, khabib tries to do his thing.
Mods need some sort of sherdog belt demotion for posts like this. The other greens are embarrassed.

Yea lets stand with Conor, the guy who has dropped every opponent hes ever fought in the octogan (besides max).

He will get hit every time he dangles a carrot. Khabib is not fast enough to avoid getting hit form the outside, something conor specializes in. Jesus the stupid burns.

Are you suggesting khabib will not be able to take him down?

Are you suggesting khabib will not be able to take him down?
I'm suggesting that Khabib has to move forward to take him down. He is not fast enough to wait on the outside and attempt to move inside once Conor strikes. If he tries to "tease" striking from the outside he is going to sleep.

I'm suggesting that Khabib has to move forward to take him down. He is not fast enough to wait on the outside and attempt to move inside once Conor strikes. If he tries to "tease" striking from the outside he is going to sleep.

I feel like khabib could simply cover his face and take 50% of a punch from Conor and close the gap.

Can’t wait either way should be entertaining

Looked sloppy against raging all? He outstruck him with ease and tooled with the guy on the feet. Even landed like 5 straight jabs in a row at one point.

Yea thats the point, 5 jabs in a fucking row is stupid and risky. Al wasnt counter striking, loops his punches, was flat footed, had a weird low stance to avoid TD.

Conor gonna slip to the right and throw a counter left down the pipe, then a sneaky lead uppercut from under khabibs armpit, then another left. Its a bread and butter southpaw vs ortho combo that Conor does very well.

Conor should just aim to get in the clinch at all costs! Throw Khabib right off his game! wooooooooooo full potato!

Really? Your great plan is for Khabib to stand with Conor for the first round?

Khabib who looked so sloppy striking with Ragin' Al? Conor whose best chance is landing a big punch in the first?

Damn son, thanks for trying at least.

I honestly do not fucking understand how the bullshit is still being regurgitated.

He showed off a lot of hand speed and good movement, and he lit Iaquinta up with his jab.

I wonder if Khabib should maintain his distance, make conor hit and miss for roudn 1. If rnd 1 ends as a draw or conor wins, no problem, but make sure conor tries to engage.

Khabib should evade Conor for the first 4 minutes of every round then secure the TD, a la Gray Maynard and Kenneth Florian.

Khabib will dive for singles all night or press him against the cage and trip him.

What the hell is Conor going to do? Knee him in the head like Yoel? That's just not in his arsenal.

He's going to get molly whooped.

His ground game is much better than people give him credit for when he is not gassed.
I'll change my mind if he looks good against Khabib. I try to give credit even if I don't like a fighter.

Go to sleep Edmund, you’re drunk.

Back