Khabib vs Danis in a jiu jitsu match?

djason1988

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Obviously, Khabib murders him in an mma fight. But Danis is one of the better BJJ guys in all of mma, while khabib was a sambo champion. In a straight BJJ match, who you got?

This is kinda like asking who would win in a straight boxing match, Mayweather or McGregor

This is kinda like asking who would win in a straight boxing match, Mayweather or McGregor
You'll have to forgive my ignorance. I loosely follow competitive BJJ, but have no idea how Sambo stacks up. Which would be Mayweather in this situation?

How about a submission only match without the gi. Sounds more appropriate than some IBJJF-EXJXKLYZ type match.

We can see Khabib fight a real BJJ dude, might have heard of him, Tony Ferguson. They will go to the ground and then we'll see what kind of spinning shit Ferguson does on the ground.

After what happened the other night, nobody really gives a shit about Dildo Danis. (using this as bait for people to start caring about him cuz that's how this reverse psychology shit works)

You'll have to forgive my ignorance. I loosely follow competitive BJJ, but have no idea how Sambo stacks up. Which would be Mayweather in this situation?
Khabib specializes in Sambo which has some overlap with BJJ but from what I know it doesn’t focus as much on submissions. Dillon specializes in BJJ so in a pure BJJ match he probably takes it.

Edit: It would be interesting to see how Khabib would do in combat jiujitsu, which is Eddie Bravo’s version of BJJ + palm strikes. You’re allowed to win by TKO so that completely changes the dynamic

jake shields beat dillion so im sure khabib could too dillion is great but khabib could hold him off and just stay on top he might not pass dilion but he isnt getting swept or controlled or subbed and the longer it goes the more tired dil will get

Khabib specializes in Sambo which has some overlap with BJJ but from what I know it doesn’t focus as much on submissions. Dillon specializes in BJJ so in a pure BJJ match he probably takes it.

Edit: It would be interesting to see how Khabib would do in combat jiujitsu, which is Eddie Bravo’s version of BJJ + palm strikes. You’re allowed to win by TKO so that completely changes the dynamic

nobody kos anyone in that its little slaps u cant do real gnp which is why its very lame u either have full on punches or you dont lol

nobody kos anyone in that its little slaps u cant do real gnp which is why its very lame u either have full on punches or you dont lol
Pretty sure the dude that won the first CJJ championship won by TKO

Dillon should win pure BJJ, but i think Khabib takes it in any expanded ruleset with points for throws, takedowns, control, etc.

khabib probably beats him in anything its grappling related, but a gi bjj match.

jake shields beat dillion so im sure khabib could too dillion is great but khabib could hold him off and just stay on top he might not pass dilion but he isnt getting swept or controlled or subbed and the longer it goes the more tired dil will get
Isn't Jake Shields one of the most credentialed grapplers to ever compete in the sport though?

That aside, in any sort of points format, I'm thinking khabib could very well take down and pass his way to a victory. Sub only would almost certainly favor Danis though.

Dillon should win pure BJJ, but i think Khabib takes it in any expanded ruleset with points for throws, takedowns, control, etc.

I think Khabib would struggle in sub only no gi. He'd definitely win if it was points and he'd have a real shot in a gi

Isn't Jake Shields one of the most credentialed grapplers to ever compete in the sport though?

Jake Shields doesn't have super high pure grappling credentials, he is the archetypal "lay and pray" mma grappler.

Jake Shields doesn't have super high pure grappling credentials, he is the archetypal "lay and pray" mma grappler.
He's no maia, werdum, or roger, but bronze at ADCC and gold at Pan Ams, on top of his wrestling credentials, still puts him way higher up than most.

Shields beated Danis by having the fastest submission in the sudden death after a no points sub only match.
Danis was the attacker for most of the match and Shields was surviving.

In a IBJJF match or a ADCC match with points Danis should beats him easily.

Shields also is a legit welterweight, bigger than Khabib, that's a factor considering Khabib take down and hold down everybody.

khabib probably beats him in anything its grappling related, but a gi bjj match.
I disagree, I think Khabib could win any points based match, especially a GI ibjjf match. Sub only though I pick Danis.

Khabib gets a takedown and passes. That's it. How do you guys seriously think Dannis does anything to him? He's not sweeping him, and Khabib won't put himself at risk of any sub.

I don't think that's the right analogy. The difference in skill and experience is not as great than it was between Mayweather and Connor. Khabib has such a vast arsenal of grappling skills in so many arts and rule sets I honestly think he would have much much better odds for a potential Danis BJJ match.

I remember in one of the Embedded shows Danis said "Im basically Khabib but bigger...." or something to that effect. He even pointed to the fact that he has the wrestling to duplicate Khabib's style. I would disagree. Wasn't Danis like a decent at best High School wrestler? Never qualified for State, didn't wrestle his whole time in school?

Khabib gets a takedown and passes. That's it. How do you guys seriously think Dannis does anything to him? He's not sweeping him, and Khabib won't put himself at risk of any sub.

There is no way in hell Khabib passes Dillon Danis guard. You could say Khabib gets the takedown and rides. But pass is a real stretch especially that Danis is quite bigger and been playing guard his whole life.

Back