Khabib wants to fight McGregor, then GSP, then retire undefeated...

Gabkicks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He said this long ago, and that is exactly how it will play out. This is my prediction right now, you will see when it happens.

He always said his dream goal was to fight GSP at MSG and then retire undefeated. GSP has said he wants to fight Khabib.

Khabib beats Conor, then GSP, then retires undefeated. Where will he stand in GOAT status if he does this?

Hope it works out for him, but doubt that's the way it'll go.

Yea GSP would ragdoll both Conor and Khabib in one night.

He's not retiring for good at 30 years old and even if he 1 punched GSP, he'd still be well behind GSP, Silva, and Fedor for GOAT and even behind DC.

Fighting GSP isn’t a smart move for people that want to stay undefeated.

He's not retiring for good at 30 years old and even if he 1 punched GSP, he'd still be well behind GSP, Silva, and Fedor for GOAT and even behind DC.
He has always said his main goal was always just to win the UFC championship to cement his legacy and GSP would be his end-goal fight. He is set for life already.

If this all came off...
Well, a half decent victory in RDA, a good win in a 2yr absent mcgregor then a good win in a semi retired old and ill GSP - he's very very very very very very very very very very far from goat talks.

Last edited:
So it is absolutely impossible that we will end up with a functional division champ. Awesome.

I hope he changes plans if he wins.

Unless GSP lost ten steps and almost kills himself to make weight he is the worst match up possible for Khabib.

So it is absolutely impossible that we will end up with a functional division champ. Awesome.

Unless GSP lost ten steps and almost kills himself to make weight he is the worst match up possible for Khabib.
GSP is Khabib's idol, thats why Khabib wants to fight him. He said so.

GSP is Khabib's idol, thats why he wants to fight him. He said so.
And that is totally fine by me.

However I would prefer a champ that takes on all contenders at LW for once. Have not seen this since RDA. If he does both I can totally live with that.

would be a great accomplishment but only having 2 wins over top opposition (granted ones GOAT) wouldn't really earn him the title of GOAT. As amazing as that would be other guys really accomplished so much more over a large period of time, can't compare two wins to multiple title defenses even if they're great wins. IF he stuck around and defended and cleaned out the division, sure. But I don't see him getting passed GSP. Dude will likely stop the take down and chew him up one the feet.

Bashes on Conor for exactly what he wants to do

Relative to all time, Khabib hasn't done much in MMA.

RDA and Barboza are his 2 good wins. Everyone else he has fought is somewhere between okay and good.

In the all time, wins over RDA and Barboza do almost nothing.

Connie has 1 big win over Aldo. It's a great win. He doesn't have any other really tremendous wins. Mendes is definitely good and that's it.

Khabib being 26-0 is a really nice number. There's not a ton behind it other than that he has won a lot.

I don't think beating Connie will do much. Beating 37 year old GSP isn't the same as beating 27 year old Georges.

While I do have GSP as GOAT, GOAT isn't a belt. You don't beat the GOAT then become the GOAT.

It's an accumulation of achievements and Khabib is just too far from that.

Last edited:
As good as khabib is. I see gsp just steam rolling him

credit if Khabib tries, and insane credit if he wins, but GSP is a terrible matchup for him

Even though GSP is far from his prime, he is probably the worst stylistic matchup for Khabib or Conor

So I guess defending your title is not the popular thing among champs anymore. Winning it is good enough now.

Back