Khabib wrestles opponent hes goat, colby wrestles...hes wall n stall.

Well, Colby spent most of the fight pressing RDA against the cage going for takedowns and had almost no top control when he did get RDA down. When he got takedowns RDA got right back up and Colby did almost no damage from his wrestling attack. Pretty much the same scenario vs DHK where he spends most of his grappling in forcing the takedown effort but mostly just controlling. If you look at Colbys grappling he doesnt do much damage and hardly ever passes position.

Khabib on the other hand does much more with his grappling, he passes to dominant positions 6 times a fight, thats based on his last three fights and does a load of damage. I mean did you see Edson and Johnson?? They took the beating of their life.

Holy fuck! Are you really making a direct comparison between the defensive abilities of Barboza/Johnson to those of RDA/DHK.

Way out there dude.

Valid point overall.

However khabib's grappling is aggressive and finish seeking not wall and stall type

you can't have it both ways.

... someone's personality is irrelevant to their fighting ability.

With that being said,...

when khabib holds a guy down, he's a world-beater....... but when Colby does it, he sucks and is a wall staller.

explain?...without referring to either one of their personalities.

can you do it?

Explain? Sure.

Ragdolling someone and grinding them into dust is dominant grappling. I’m happy to say there’s nothing that great or all-world impressive if he’s not also raining down G n P.

Pushing someone against the cage and not bothering to hit them is obviously less, and doesn’t really even qualify as “wrestling.”

surprised when i saw a lot of the khabib fans i know on here arent colby fans. i would have expected they would enjoy colbys style and would have been impressed with his win since rda is elite

both guys are probably in my top 5 right now

<Kobe213>

Holy fuck! Are you really making a direct comparison between the defensive abilities of Barboza/Johnson to those of RDA/DHK.

Way out there dude.

That's not relevant to the question.....TS asked why one gets hated on and the other praised and I explained that one is far more effective with his grappling in doing damage and dominant positions than the other.

And btw you're incorrect....Barbosa and Johnson are both very good defensively. Solid TDD and footwork, neither is easy to take down or keep down so the fact Khabib did it shows how good he is. The reason people are shitting on Barbosa right now for his ground game and tdd is cause he fought Lee and Khabib who are the two best wreslers at LW, prior to that he had very little issues with that. Barbosa is a fighter who will do well vs the grappling of guys like Melendez but fail vs the elite like Lee and Khabib......much like RDA will vs Colby or Khabib. Not much difference between the two. Same with Johnson cause he just lost to Khabib and Elkins, prior to that everyone praised his defensive grappling, he did very well in that aspect vs Lauzon, Tibau among others. Again....will do well vs good grapplers but fail vs the best.

RDA has never been a great defensive fighter on the grappling end. The reason why you don't see him struggling with grappling is cause he hasnt faced a grappler....well....since Khabib and we saw how that went. Prior to that he fought High who's a respectable wrestler and got taken down every time IIRC. Same with DHK, fought no high level grapplers so you wont see the holes until he fights a Colby.

See where this is going?? RDA and DHK are better offensive grapplers than Barbosa and Johnson, but on defense neither is elite that will stand up vs the best of the division. All of them do certain things on defense better than the others to defend vs grappling attacks.

With that being said,...

when khabib holds a guy down, he's a world-beater....... but when Colby does it, he sucks and is a wall staller.

can you do it?
You’re an idiot if you believe what khabib did to say al is the same thing that Colby did which was nothing .. khabib dominates and hurts his opponents .. Colby did nothing but hug dos anjos against the fence

If you can't see the difference between the two, why are you making a thread

Fair enough. I slightly disagree on the Edson point but it isn't far from the truth.

And the Khabib finishing people is a mess because he's so weird about changing game plans on a whim. Who knows what that guy is thinking. He certainly has the capability to finish fights. Hopefully he starts finishing people more.

Khabib doesn't have very refined striking and he doesn't appear to have KO power. On the ground he lands some good shots but nothing of particular note. That is why you see him beat guys up instead of knocking them out.

He tapped MJ but he was the 7th guy to do it, and a feather weight gave MJ his 8th submission loss in his very next fight. So not much of note there.

Khabib cuts a lot of weight, particular at this point in his career, and he takes obvious coffee breaks on the ground even when completely dominating his opponent. He likely doesn't want to risk emptying his gas tank going for GNP finish.

surprised when i saw a lot of the khabib fans i know on here arent colby fans. i would have expected they would enjoy colbys style and would have been impressed with his win since rda is elite

Many fans on sherdog base their fandom on irrelevant things that dont take place inside the octagon. So many wwe fans also seem to be ufc fans.

I was impressed with Colby beating RDA but I did not see his wrestling\ Wall & Stall as the same thing Khabib does.

With that being said,...

can you do it?

Are you retarded? Who the hell calls him the goat? And do you know the difference between gnp and lay n pray/wall n stall?

Khabib is a great grappler with good wrestling
Colby is a great wrestler with good grappling

Mostly agree though . If they hated how Colby beat RDA you should see the wall and maul against Tibau that Khabib did. way less entertaining than anything colby has done. Though I like both of their styles. People who think colby was wall and stalling dont understand the clinch game and why wrestlers are so good at it.

Stfu. We know what a wall n stall is. Unless you're saying it doesn't exist.

Khabib doesn't have very refined striking and he doesn't appear to have KO power. On the ground he lands some good shots but nothing of particular note. That is why you see him beat guys up instead of knocking them out.

He tapped MJ but he was the 7th guy to do it, and a feather weight gave MJ his 8th submission loss in his very next fight. So not much of note there.

Khabib cuts a lot of weight, particular at this point in his career, and he takes obvious coffee breaks on the ground even when completely dominating his opponent. He likely doesn't want to risk emptying his gas tank going for GNP finish.
Khabib cuts less than 15 lbs of water weight. He does the bulk of his cut through diet. His output on the ground was staggering against MJ and Edson. I struggle to find moments when Khabib isn't working on the ground. His cardio has never been called into question as far as I have seen. I

Most of MJ's sub losses came pre UFC. It had been 3 years since MJ had been subbed despite fighting many of the divisions better grapplers at the time. Context is everything. When he fought Khabib, MJ's wrestling defense was regarded as some of the best in the top 10.

Khabib's striking has visibly improved with every fight. His jab against Al very very impressive as well as his kicks and uppercuts. His biggest flaw is not being able to put shots together well. He lacks raw power but if he can keep you down then with enough elbows he can finish the job or at least loosen you up for a sub imo.

With that being said,...

can you do it?
Look at the damage absorb on the ground by their respective opponents. I don't think Colby is actually laying and praying but he is absolutely not delivering the damage Khabib is.

Greco Roman Wrestling. So rare. No appreciates it any more. Even when Randy Couture used it as a small HW to control larger opponents, nobody knew what the hell to call it except "wall and stall." Colby's got it. It's not an exciting skill like striking but the science is interesting and it's funny to watch people left wondering What the hell just happened?

I don't like it when Khabib does it either. I like it when he totally dominates guys, but fights where he barely edges the decision by leaning on the other guy, I'm not a huge fan.

Now Khabibs personality on the other hand, is way better than Colbys cringey fake ass persona.

With that being said,...

can you do it?

90% of the conversations here are not even about actual fighting.

Personalities are super important for these father-figure-craved fat guys.

Back