Khabib wrestles opponent hes goat, colby wrestles...hes wall n stall.

Don't be a dickhead.

You're blind if you can't see the difference.
This x 100

Khabib beats on people.
Colby holds onto people.

One is violent the other is not.
Khabib last few fights left people fearing for his opponents' health, RDA was never in any significant danger and while he was losing, he was not getting badly hurt.

Colby's style is much more like Randy Couture's than Khabib, that would be a much more accurate comparison, and people called Randy boring and accused him of wall and stall all the time.

Holy fuck! Are you really making a direct comparison between the defensive abilities of Barboza/Johnson to those of RDA/DHK.

Way out there dude.

He's comparing khabib's style with Colby's style, because that's what this thread is about. Meanwhile you're arguing about who fought the better competition.

That's not changing the argument at all

Al and RDA are not equal opponents by any means.

Why do they need to be? This is a debate about styles, not about level of competition.

Well, what I take from a lot of these types of debates is the following: -

Most of these UFC/MMA fighters are awesome, hard working, exciting warriors. Some, like Colby, are a bit rude. Some, like Khabib, are not very nice guys but polite on the surface.

Most of you shertards are nothing compared to these athletes. Arguing and bickering over complete bollox.

This thread is #1 bullshit.

Khabib actually beats the fuck out of his opponents.

Colby mostly just controls them.

Khabib > Colby.

Khabib cuts less than 15 lbs of water weight. He does the bulk of his cut through diet. His output on the ground was staggering against MJ and Edson. I struggle to find moments when Khabib isn't working on the ground. His cardio has never been called into question as far as I have seen. I

Most of MJ's sub losses came pre UFC. It had been 3 years since MJ had been subbed despite fighting many of the divisions better grapplers at the time. Context is everything. When he fought Khabib, MJ's wrestling defense was regarded as some of the best in the top 10.

Khabib's striking has visibly improved with every fight. His jab against Al very very impressive as well as his kicks and uppercuts. His biggest flaw is not being able to put shots together well. He lacks raw power but if he can keep you down then with enough elbows he can finish the job or at least loosen you up for a sub imo.

You are way off base with MJ. He is a TERRIBLE MMA adapted grappler.

Literally in his next fight after Khabib, a featherweight gave him his 8th career submission loss. You cannot explain away eight submission losses.

In the UFC alone he's been tapped via kimura, RNC, brabo and a heel hook.

You are way off base with MJ. He is a TERRIBLE MMA adapted grappler.

Literally in his next fight after Khabib, a featherweight gave him his 8th career submission loss. You cannot explain away eight submission losses.

In the UFC alone he's been tapped via kimura, RNC, brabo and a heel hook.
MJ's next fight was against Gaethje, who he took down and outgrappled before the tko

MJ did very well against Tibau, Melendez, Lauzon, and even Diaz in the first round. For a three year stretch of time he was having no issues with grapplers. His fight against Elkins was a one sided beating where he stuffed every TD in round 1. In round 2 MJ seemed to have just shut down, possibly due to the weight cut.

MJ is not a great defensive grappler. However, at the time his TDD and offensive wrestling were leading him to do very well against his competition.

what a crock of shit.

to compare, usman was 8 for 19 against meek who is booty as hell and nowhere near RDA - and yet somehow i keep hearing how much of a powerhouse wrestler he is. colby was 7 for 18 against an elite tier fighter in RDA, that is not bad by any means.

seems like chaos is held to different standards
So now the comparison is Colby vs. Usman? I was responding to the comparison of Khabib vs. Colby. To refresh your memory, TS said "when khabib holds a guy down, he's a world-beater....... but when Colby does it, he sucks and is a wall staller." The entirety of this comparison is nonsense and inaccurate. First, when exactly has RDA simply "held a guy down" and had the world declare him a world-beater? Second, Colby didn't hold RDA down. The comparison makes no sense. You can attempt to move the target and turn this into Colby-Usman thing if you like, but that doesn't make TS' comparison any more foolish.

And since you declared that my response was a "crock of shit," feel free to explain which parts were inaccurate.

Colby doesn't seem to attempt to deal out much damage during grappling exchanges, while Khabib most certainly does.

He has that takedown threat against ALL of his opponents. All that matters in the end is how many significant strikes you land. I agree that his striking isn't great, but it's certainly not "terrible" for MMA standards.

He's not a good striker. He can land, but because he's a good wrestler, not because he's a good striker. I know it's semantics in a way, but he is very hittable and does not throw sharp strikes. Conventionally, he's not good at it unless the other guy needs to fight like they are going to get taken down.

Back