Khabib wrestles opponent hes goat, colby wrestles...hes wall n stall.

Lol I’m not even a khabib fan but there’s s big difference in what he does to people on the ground and what Colby does against the cage. When Colby beats someone down the way khabib or Lee did to barboza, then no one would care.

Why would you compare those two fights when Khabib has also fought RDA and landed less strikes and did less damage than Colby did?
I wanted to find good examples of why someone might think khabib is goat and why they might think colby was stalling to a victory

When RDA tried to take Khabib down, he got reversed and thrown on his ass.

When RDA tried to take Colby down... he took him down lol.

what a crock of shit.

to compare, usman was 8 for 19 against meek who is booty as hell and nowhere near RDA - and yet somehow i keep hearing how much of a powerhouse wrestler he is. colby was 7 for 18 against an elite tier fighter in RDA, that is not bad by any means.

seems like chaos is held to different standards
People shit on Usman too for be boring. Colby is the loudest and a bonafide snitch, so of course he's going to get more hate.

If you can’t tell the difference between Colby’s and Khabib’s fighting style, you aren’t worth a piss as a mma fan.

People shit on Usman too for be boring. Colby is the loudest and a bonafide snitch, so of course he's going to get more hate.
yes for being boring not for having gassed wrestling. if u look at the numbers usmans wrestling is gassed to the moon. just funny to see all that colby-usman talk before about how usman would maul him, when usman hasnt been nearly as impressive as colby in that department.

make rda vs usman and ull see the difference between colby and him

make rda vs usman and ull see the difference between colby and him
We'll see the difference when Colby and Usman eventually fight. I don't think RDA can take Usman down like he did Colby btw.

We'll see the difference when Colby and Usman eventually fight. I don't think RDA can take Usman down like he did Colby btw.
i think so. maia got usman on the ground and it was maia on 2 weeks notice. rda has a better takedown than maia does he just doesnt showcase it as much cuz he can win fights without grappling unlike demian

When RDA tried to take Khabib down, he got reversed and thrown on his ass.

When RDA tried to take Colby down... he took him down lol.

Khabibs last fight he gassed to the point he didn't even want to grapple. Then Iaquinta was able to create forward pressure against Beeb using only his chin.

Please explain how Khabib's last win is more impressive than Colby's last win.

you can't have it both ways.

... someone's personality is irrelevant to their fighting ability.

With that being said,...

when khabib holds a guy down, he's a world-beater....... but when Colby does it, he sucks and is a wall staller.

explain?...without referring to either one of their personalities.

can you do it?

Khabib employs grappling/wrestling to inflict damage.

DC vs Anderson and Colby generally does it to point fight.

RDA took Colby down... but Colby wasnt able to take RDA down inside 5 rounds... and people wanna tell me here Colby has elite wrestling?

Khabib really wants to hurt people with his ground and pound. Colby just wanna lay on people, and snitch on them to the police.

Kebob finishes people Colby vs RDA was pathetic. Dude is a giant pussy.

You would think Colby would have a better showing against RDA if you want to compare the 2. Excellent wrestling credentials, bigger with longer reach. Fighting a former LW.

All that wrestling amounted to nothing but burning time off the clock. He couldnt do anything with those takedowns. No one wants to see 2 dudes holding each other.

The striking totals were pretty even and part of that is because Colby had clinch strikes. But RDA threw better strikes and was more defensively sound. No doubt RDA is a better fighter and Colby is a better wrestler. And Khabib is a better fighter then both of them.

Last edited:
Maybe there will be a time when squashing people into a fence is respected, but it's not today.

There is some similar style between the two but khabib having a hold of someone is vastly more dangerous. Plus his striking is better.

Khabib's BJJ is world's better. Worlds. And he actually beats on people.

Colby just rides on the fence, takedown, ride, let you up, body lock, mat return and repeat.

Colby is not very similar to khabib other than they're both grapplers who pressure a lot.

A better question is, why do people like you assume that because both are primarily wrestlers, that they are essentially the same fighter?

Khabib has the best GnP in the sport at the moment. Look at how he rains down from the top with his knees off the ground - no one does that. He has developed a meticulous positioning game that is designed around smashing people.

Colby is still primarily just a wrestler, albiet a very good one. His GnP and BJJ come a far second to wrestling positions, while Khabib built his whole wrestling game on GnP and submissions. Hr also has fantastic judo.

I love watching Khabib fight, while that was the first Colby fight I even remotely enjoyed.

They are night and day different.

Constant, intense forward pressure, lunging, unorthodox striking, chain wrestling, positional control on the ground. The difference is Khabib hurts people and is a better wrestler.

No. The main difference is that khabib has an elite BJJ guard passing game mixed with great gnp, where as Colby has shown very mediocre BJJ. Khabib also has more variety in his takedown game.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back