Khabib's Best Win

I'd still like to see Max Holloway vs. Khabib.

I also want to see Khabib vs. Conor as that would be the worst stylistic match-up in Conor's career and his toughest fight since Aldo. Hopefully he won't be too coked up to train properly.
I'd argue Khabib is tailor-made for McGregor. Khabib can't close distance without exposing his chin. He can't box. His cardio isn't great and he's orthodox. Obviously he's a great wrestler, but he's gotta pay the iron price to get a hold of McGregor. Diaz is a tougher match up because he's longer, durable and a Southpaw with decent hands.

Er, of course there are factual ways to prove who won or didn't win. That's why fans continue to argue over some fights long after the judges render their decision. You can discuss who won which rounds and why, you can discuss who grappled better, fought better in the clinch, who landed more volume, who landed harder, etc.

None of that will change the official result, nor should it. But the way you are using factual is silly.
You can argue that red is blue. That doesn't change the fact that red is red.

Your opinion is not fact. Arguing something does not make it stop being a fact. Seeing something differently does not change reality.

You can THINK someine else should win but that does not make it fact.

You can see something a different way but that proves nothing.

The sky is blue

Water is wet

Most birds fly

Khabib has never lossed a round. That is a fact

You can argue that red is blue. That doesn't change the fact that red is red.

Your opinion is not fact. Arguing something does not make it stop being a fact. Seeing something differently does not change reality.

You can THINK someine else should win but that does not make it fact.

You can see something a different way but that proves nothing.

The sky is blue

Water is wet

Most birds fly

Khabib has never lossed a round. That is a fact
Lol, you are being obtuse.

Prime rda got blasted by Alvarez or was that when he fell off prime just at that moment
but RDA was champ, and was a wrecking ball up until that fight. anyone can get KOed on any given night, doesn't take away from what a big win that was for khabib.

You should read a book on logic. I think it is one of most undertaught thing in today's schools.
You think? Thats rare for you. Don't hurt yourself.

There are people who argue the Earth is flat. That does not make it true.

The quickest title fight win UFC history no less, is there no limits to the mans awesomeness?
I dunno man, his ground game is suspect. If he had covered more ground he might not have tapped so quickly to the NYPD.

Lol, you are being obtuse.

Khabib hasn't lost a round in the UFC though......this statement isn't really up for debate unless you plan to bring your opinions to the commission and have them overturn some of khabib's wins. You can say you think khabib has lost some rounds, but it doesn't really alter the fact that, according to the ufc records, khabib hasn't lost a round in the ufc.

unfortunately, our opinions don't matter on this. If they did, then sanchez would have lost to kampmann, gomi, and pearson.

If he was, it was in the same way Dennis Siver was top ten when McGregor fought him. Conor, Alvarez, Khabib, and Ferguson all should have been ranked ahead of him. Barboza was a good win for sure. I could see the argument for Barboza being Khabib's best win.

But yeah, Khabib beat an non-top ten guy to be champ. It's not his fault, but it isn't a strong claim either.

Unfortunately I think you are judging what a "legitimate claim" is by a bygone definition. It's a shame, but I think this is the new reality. So many pull outs and "money fights." I don't disagree with you. It just seems like #1 contender vs champ is rare now.

Conor’s best win Jose Aldo - 25-1 10 years undefeated one of the all time goats, and undisputed FW goat until he met Conor

Conor 1st rd KO
What does Conor have to do with this thread?

Prime rda got blasted by Alvarez or was that when he fell off prime just at that moment
You're really underrating Alvarez. He's beaten UFC, Bellator, Dream, Strikeforce, and WSOF champions.

What does Conor have to do with this thread?

You're really underrating Alvarez. He's beaten UFC, Bellator, Dream, Strikeforce, and WSOF champions.
He has everything to do with anything MMA related.

Conor IS MMA

Uh Prime RDA. dominated him.

Prime RDA? He's a hit and miss fighter, but he's looked better than ever since moving up to WW.

RDA's only top 10 win before he fought Khabib in 2014 was Cowboy Cerrone. He had also lost to Clay Guida, Gleison Tibau, Tyson Griffin,and Jeremy Stephens since being in the UFC.

After he fought Khabib he beat 4 top 5 fighters and won the belt at light weight. He's also beaten a top 10 and a top 5 since moving to WW. I agree that RDA is Khabib's best win, but that wasn't his prime.

Khabib hasn't lost a round in the UFC though......this statement isn't really up for debate unless you plan to bring your opinions to the commission and have them overturn some of khabib's wins. You can say you think khabib has lost some rounds, but it doesn't really alter the fact that, according to the ufc records, khabib hasn't lost a round in the ufc.

unfortunately, our opinions don't matter on this. If they did, then sanchez would have lost to kampmann, gomi, and pearson.
All this was already established during the conversation I was having. It's a given that he has officially not lost a round. Everyone agrees. But when it comes to gauging his dominance, it simply isn't true that he's been the better fighter in every round of every fight he's been in. In fact, I even referenced Sanchez vs Pearson like you did.

Khabib is an amazing talent for sure, and he isn't going to lose a lot of rounds going forward either.

RDA followed by Edson

Back