Khabibs Grappling credentials

who even cares about what anyone can do OUTSIDE of MMA?

the only thing that should matter is what they can do IN MMA. because they're competing IN MMA.

Khabib is a monster grappler in MMA, and Conor is a monster striker in MMA. that's all that people need to know.
Really , its an MMA forum, as in talking 6o random people about MMA. Most of us on here are clearly on here to discuss things outside of just "oh its 2 guys fighting" . Your aloud to be interested in how top fighters got to where they are .

But Dillon Danis said Conor would beat him in a grappling match so fuck credentials

If Sambo was easy it would be called Jiu-Jitsu. So sayeth the Eagle.

Yes wrestling > Sambo > BJJ

BJJ is filled with F tier athletes who can't make it in superior grappling sports.

There's a video floating around of Marcelo Garcia who is known as the Michael Jordan of BJJ getting absolutely mauled by Johny Hendricks. In terms of international ranking Hendricks is not even a footnote in wrestling yet he was shutting down the BJJ GOAT's offenses and putting him on his ass constantly.

Also watch Brendan Schaub vs. Cyborg Abreu, elite BJJ vs. college football dropout with a few years of random grappling training. Schaub completely shut down Abreu's offense.

BJJ was designed for small weak betas to catch alphas who are completely unaware of it, in that sense it works but that's also why it attracts the weak betas.

The Olympics do not have Bear wrestling or shit talking...... Khabib and Conor don't have an avenue to compete in.......

Wikipedia used to be a complete joke. I remember those days. it's much better now.
Yeah i slightly agree , also just found it an interesting topic to kick start a thread . You can learn a lot more from people on here . Some have better sources or have looked into it themsleves .

It's the truth. Wrestling is much more prestigious and competitive in Russia. That's why Karelin is a household name and national hero while most people who don't follow MMA in Russia don't even know who Fedor is.

Conor's grappling >> Khabib's striking. You better pray he has a chin or else he's fucked.
Keep in mind Fedor served in the military when he was young and Sambo was the hand to hand combat they were trained so he pursued Sambo after his service. Maybe under different circumstances he might have been a bobsleder, who knows.

ireland is not a great boxing nation when it comes to the olympics. im sure he would place.

I see nothing to suggest he would make the trials.

And Ireland has had some decent boxers. A damn sight better than McGregor that's for damn sure.

Actually he wouldn't qualify.

I very much doubt he'd even get to the trials to qualify.
Why don’t those boxers go to mma then where apparently it’s easier and can make that Conor money. Seems like the smart play for easy money.

Why don’t those boxers go to mma then where apparently it’s easier and can make that Conor money. Seems like the smart play for easy money.

Are you seriously dumb or just trolling?

#1, MMA isn't necessairly easier than Boxing

#2, why the FUCK would a boxer want MMA money? Are you not aware that boxers get paid more than MMA fighters?

Tony Bellew alone has made more money than the whole UFC roster combined this year almost.

"That Conor Money" lmfao

Conor is only on the Forbes list because Boxing allowed him to.

Are you seriously dumb or just trolling?

#1, MMA isn't necessairly easier than Boxing

#2, why the FUCK would a boxer want MMA money? Are you not aware that boxers get paid more than MMA fighters?

Tony Bellew alone has made more money than the whole UFC roster combined this year almost.

"That Conor Money" lmfao

Conor is only on the Forbes list because Boxing allowed him to.
Most boxers who you say Mcgregor would never be better than will make very little professionally.

I've seen this posted time and time again (just like Arlovksi), but those tournaments apparently aren't FIAS (he doesn't appear in any of their world championship results), I've never seen a bracket or results posting for those tournaments, and the only match of his I've ever seen looks way lower budget than the FIAS tournaments. I'm sure he won some competitions, but those World Champion claims seem pretty dubious.
https://web.archive.org/web/20161219092723/http://www.bsambo.com.ua/index.php?id=787&L=2
https://web.archive.org/web/20111209060427/http://bsambo.com.ua/index.php?id=645&L=2
http://legionfight.ru/index.php?id=298
https://web.archive.org/web/20161219092317/http://www.bsambo.com.ua/index.php?id=474&L=2
74.jpg

They were world level tournaments. They weren't all under FIAS tho.

Most boxers who you say Mcgregor would never be better than will make very little professionally.

Are you sure about that?

Are you aware that Adrien Broner, Amir Khan, Danny Garcia, Mikey Garcia, and a shit load of other boxers who have never been on PPV before make more than ANYONE on the UFC roster except Conor?

Tony Bellew and Dillian Whyte have made more than the entire UFC roster combined this year. Are you even aware of this?

Why the fuck would any boxer go over to MMA if money was their incentive?

Mayweather has made hundreds of millions

Pacquaio, Cotto, Canelo, Fury, Wladimir Klitschko, AJ, Tyson, Holyfield, Oscar, Tito, and the list goes on have madr tens of millions for a single fight alone.

How many MMA fighters have made 10+ milliom for one fight? Slim pickings to put it mildly.

Where was Conor on the forbes list before he made boxing money? 63rd?

Boxing allowed him to see Floyd money. He'll never make it again without it.

You fuckin dummy

Really , its an MMA forum, as in talking 6o random people about MMA. Most of us on here are clearly on here to discuss things outside of just "oh its 2 guys fighting" . Your aloud to be interested in how top fighters got to where they are .

yeah, and google does that for you.

you wanted a list of his grappling credentials, how is that a discussion? after someone lists the credentials that you were too inept to uncover yourself, the discussion is over.

thought he was the greatest wrestler to ever grace the octagon.....

its been sambo this whole time? weird

i thought GSP was the greatest wrestler to grace the octagon?

it's been karate this whole time? weird

i can do it too

Who mentioned conor ? He has no striking credentials outside the UFC. I know khabibs a phenomenal grappler , was wondering if he had the credentials to match the eye test. Try and avoid wikipedia as a source

try and avoid wikipedia as a source? why? do you need the real hard facts? maybe you should fly to Dagestan and go ask his dad about it if you're so inclined.

how about YOU look up what YOU want to know about Khabib, instead of trying to get everyone else to do it for you.

beggars can't be choosers and right now, you're trying to be both.

Are you sure about that?

Are you aware that Adrien Broner, Amir Khan, Danny Garcia, Mikey Garcia, and a shit load of other boxers who have never been on PPV before make more than ANYONE on the UFC roster except Conor?

Tony Bellew and Dillian Whyte have made more than the entire UFC roster combined this year. Are you even aware of this?

Why the fuck would any boxer go over to MMA if money was their incentive?

Mayweather has made hundreds of millions

Pacquaio, Cotto, Canelo, Fury, Wladimir Klitschko, AJ, Tyson, Holyfield, Oscar, Tito, and the list goes on have madr tens of millions for a single fight alone.

How many MMA fighters have made 10+ milliom for one fight? Slim pickings to put it mildly.

Where was Conor on the forbes list before he made boxing money? 63rd?

Boxing allowed him to see Floyd money. He'll never make it again without it.

You fuckin dummy
Why are you listing top fighters? You’re arguing most boxers are more talented than Conor. From decent amateurs up. I would never argue mma fighters make more than top boxers. You’re missing the point. Not surprisingly.

Conor was an equal billing with Floyd for that fight. Boxing didn’t allow him. He could have done the same in a cage if Floyd would be willing to meet him there.

Why are you listing top fighters? You’re arguing most boxers are more talented than Conor. From decent amateurs up. I would never argue mma fighters make more than top boxers. You’re missing the point. Not surprisingly.

Conor was an equal billing with Floyd for that fight. Boxing didn’t allow him. He could have done the same in a cage if Floyd would be willing to meet him there.

No, you are missing the point.

Some of those are not top boxers yet they make more money than any MMA fighter on the planet except Conor.

And I didn't say boxers are more talented, I said Conor is a shit boxer which he is. And even if that was the case, why the fuck would they pursue MMA if money's their incentive when there's more in Boxing? Your point is retarded and makes no sense.

Also, Conor wasn't on even billing with Floyd. Conor was the B side.

Yes wrestling > Sambo > BJJ

BJJ is filled with F tier athletes who can't make it in superior grappling sports.

There's a video floating around of Marcelo Garcia who is known as the Michael Jordan of BJJ getting absolutely mauled by Johny Hendricks. In terms of international ranking Hendricks is not even a footnote in wrestling yet he was shutting down the BJJ GOAT's offenses and putting him on his ass constantly.

Also watch Brendan Schaub vs. Cyborg Abreu, elite BJJ vs. college football dropout with a few years of random grappling training. Schaub completely shut down Abreu's offense.

BJJ was designed for small weak betas to catch alphas who are completely unaware of it, in that sense it works but that's also why it attracts the weak betas.
<DCWhoa><DCWhoa>

No, you are missing the point.

Some of those are not top boxers yet they make more money than any MMA fighter on the planet except Conor.

And I didn't say boxers are more talented, I said Conor is a shit boxer which he is. And even if that was the case, why the fuck would they pursue MMA if money's their incentive when there's more in Boxing? Your point is retarded and makes no sense.

Also, Conor wasn't on even billing with Floyd. Conor was the B side.

conor makes more than almost all boxers
conor has shit boxing
mma has bad striking and weak chins
good boxer comes to mma and knocks out all the shitty mma punchers...
easy road to making top mma money > mid level boxer money

conor wasn't really the b side

Back