Khabib's old man says no one can help Conor improve wrestling in time for UFC 229

For some reason, I want Mario Yamasaki to be the referee

weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif
Oh shit that was such a bad fight for Munoz. Pretty sure he only landed a single punch the whole fight too :(

I love how he says there was at least six lightweights stronger than him like it’s some DBZ power levels lol.

All of Conor's submission finishes have come when fighting in Ireland, where as Khabib is known to wear a papakha hat on occasion - this fight really could end up with either fighter winning.

I love how he says there was at least six lightweights stronger than him like it’s some DBZ power levels lol.
I believe a little guy named Marcus Brimage let him know the Power levels of those fellow light weights .
8d9e168787e5f15cc43ce3b56a7fe6111404621326_large.jpg

Last edited:
He hasn't beat any strong contenders: losing to MJ, going to a decision with Miller, beating Pettis, beating a Gathje after he was KOed in his previous fight and barely beating Alvarez is not that impressive.
Conor had an easy win vs him and a much better performance vs common opponents.

wtf

barely? wtf

wtf

He's right. You dont just learn the necessary skills at 30 to do what people have been learning since they started walking.

Khabib is going to expose Conor so badly.

Yes because Conor only started wrestling 2 weeks ago... hes been doing for over half a decade, there is a difference between outwrestle Khabib and learning enough defensive wrestling to avoid TD's

He kicked Chad's guts in, and then he made Chad cry about elbows from the bottom and then he knocked him out.

What does barely mean to you? lmao, and he didn't have to take that fight. He took that fight to preserve the event for fans and the UFC. He could have waited for Waldo the pullout merchant.

Relax bud I was making the same point you were saying that it doesn't matter how you win, a win is a win. But you are crazy if you think Conor wasn't losing that Mendes fight until Chad gassed.

Conor needs to finish inside of 3 rounds. Khabib can go a full 5. If it’s the 5th round and we see the Conor from the 5th round in the 2nd Diaz fight, Conor will get a mauling.

Agreed but I'd still say late round mac is more dangerous than late round iaquinta

No. Don't play dumb. You act like a 2 year college discounts a wrestlers' skill when in fact it does not. Al's a well round fighter with legit wrestling while conor is still trying to figure it all out.

Man, the praise Iaquinta has got in this thread is pretty amazing. Yes I get he is a solid fighter. But people legit are pretending like he is a better fighter than Mac. That is hilarious to me.

Lol he says Poirier is better than Conor......does he not have fight pass in Dagestan, and see Conor bloody starch him?

The spirit of what I think he is saying is correct.

You simply can't start from an average place, train a few months and match someone who has been wrestling focused since he was in the womb. The learning curve is simply too steep.

That doesn't mean though, that he can't make meaningful improvements, and that there is a straight line between pure wrestling and wrestling in a MMA context.

Conor usually does a great job at managing distance and making transitions between striking and grappling difficult...can't wait for the fight.

Well considered and thoughtful post.

Agreed.

I accept Mr Khabib's challenge.

I've coaches wrestling to youth, teens and adults for years.

I'll coach Conor and get him ready to stay on his feet.

Yes because Conor only started wrestling 2 weeks ago... hes been doing for over half a decade, there is a difference between outwrestle Khabib and learning enough defensive wrestling to avoid TD's
And thats where they failed. Because Khabib is a master at Sambo and BB in Judo.

<TheDonald>

Relax bud I was making the same point you were saying that it doesn't matter how you win, a win is a win. But you are crazy if you think Conor wasn't losing that Mendes fight until Chad gassed.
Go ahead and watch the fight again. Mendes eats a bunch of kicks to the diaphragm. He eats one shot and is visibly ruined. He can't breathe and he is doing everything to hide his pain, and he is unable to get air in.

And while Conor does get taken down and eats elbows and fists, he returns fire and does damage from the bottom. Plus Chad was juiced and he gassed from body shots.

Strikes and Subs different in approaches to takedowns and effective grappling. They all borrow techniques from one another but to what degree they are mastered makes all the difference.

Yes because nobody trains MMA....

Back