Khabib's old man says no one can help Conor improve wrestling in time for UFC 229

Thanks for the numbers.

My point was more about Nate Diaz being a journeyman. Not really about arguing Conor/Khabib.

The other guy thinks Diaz is top 5 material, i'm just proving him that Diaz is a great fighter but a journeyman nonetheless.

As we can see, Diaz's best win is a number 7 ranked Michael Johnson. I skipped Conor since they fought at WW and Conor was ranked as a FW.

Diaz is 19-11 with the best win in his career being over a number 7 ranked Johnson.

That's what a journeyman is@Final Say

Nope. If you can beat no 7, that puts you at #6 in the division at least. That's a contender. Journeymen are people who aren't close enough to the top of the division to be considered for a title fight in normal circumstances. In boxing, that means outside the top 10, but in mma that might include people from 8-10. Nate is/was a contender. If he beats Poirier, he is right back in the mix.

Conors ground game is underrated but it still isn't enough for a guy like Khabib. He might aswell be spinning his wheels by training boxing again for Mayweather.

His whole game is to avoid getting taken down and knocking out Khabib. There's no other way around this.

Back