Khabib's single leg td threat is lowkey one of his deadliest weapons at 229 (educated fans only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that can save Conor is an anticipation of when Khabib is going for the single leg and knees him or KO's him with his left. Anticipating on a thing like this is pretty hard, especially with all the faints Khabib throws.
It will be very easy to anticipate. The only thing Khabib will be doing is diving for the ankles from the opening bell.

He's gonna have to be close to be able to land. He'll probably try to use the same stance he did against Eddie but find out the hard way that Khabib isn't gonna fight like a scared chicken and get his hands on Conor the second he comes close enough. Eddie gave Conor way too much time to get comfortable and think instead of making the fight dirty.

He got rocked early and his gameplan went to shit cos he was dazed af when he got dropped and realized the ridiculous speed and striking differential between him and Conor. I agree with TS this is without doubt the worst matchup for Conor but if Conor can defend the first shot which very likely could be a single which I assume will be in the first 10-30 seconds and land with that left with Khabib rushing in we'll get to see what Khabib's chin is really made of. I didn't buy in to Johnson hurting him but combine Khabib charging in with chin up and Conor's timing he could definitely get dropped. That's why I'm so psyched for this fight.

Conor thought he'd steamroll Cabo Nate as well. He thought Floyd would not make it out of the 4th.
To be fair while his Cardio held up he did smack up Diaz. Think he forgot Diaz has arguably one of the best chins in MMA. As for Mayweather I don't think even he believed he was going to win, I mean he was competitive for the first 2-3 rounds, but for 100 million who gives a fuck. I'd let Anthony Joshua use me as a heavy bag for 100 million, shit 1 mill plus medical expenses and he's got a deal.

I don't believe this fight is happening until the ref says "FIGHT."

First of all he never pulls out. Second of all why would he sign the contract if he has no intention of following through? What is the history for this? He has none. The Russian actually has a history of not showing up. He already wrecked one card.

I just hope khabib doesn't do that stupid ass flying knee he always does or he will get dropped

~DaViD~

All aka guys have terrible footwork and defensive striking . Dc is the outlier cus he has a chin . Khabib is going to sleep

I haven't heard a single decent argument supporting Conor in this thread.

It's all head clean off, he will avoid the td's, the clinch, hit him with uppercuts on the way in with his magical boxing.

This is an MMA fight ladies and gentleman. The fight will go anywhere and everywhere.

As a Conor fan I am worried about Khabib's single. Its the only thing I'm worried about from him. I dont think his normal tactics of wading into the clinch will work.
As others have pointed out a missed single will probably turn into a scramble, clinch/pressure against the cage/and or chaining several td/trip attempts together, and then Conor on his ass.

I haven't heard a single decent argument supporting Conor in this thread.

It's all head clean off, he will avoid the td's, the clinch, hit him with uppercuts on the way in with his magical boxing.

This is an MMA fight ladies and gentleman. The fight will go anywhere and everywhere.
I honestly appreciate some good trash talk, it makes sports and fights (if you're supporting a particular guy) fun because you become emotionally invested.

But the constant idiotic one liners with no substance that aren't even clever make me come to this board less and less.

Literally the only decent constructive analysis I've seen on here are from "Conor haters" or people who haven't picked a side.

As others have pointed out a missed single will probably turn into a scramble, clinch/pressure against the cage/and or chaining several td/trip attempts together, and then Conor on his ass.

In the open octagon, thats not a guarantee. Especially with how well Conor controls distance.

In the open octagon, thats not a guarantee. Especially with how well Conor controls distance.

Right which is why I said thats his only tool that scares me as a Conor fan.

Agree on point one, anything can happen, but all of Khabib's tools can come into play with something initiated by a single, even a failed single. Fight can take 10 different directions from there and wind up in 10 different places.

Right which is why I said thats his only tool that scares me as a Conor fan.

What can Conor do to defend it or counter it though?

What if Khabib uses it every time Conor throws or misses a shot or even stands too close, and even if he doesn't get it he just uses it as a tool to initiate the clinch?

It's actually better if he times a flying knee during entry. However, this is harder to do with the wide stance as well.

Therefore, I expect Conor to implement some new tricks in this fight to stall the inevitable.

Conor needs to borrow Yoel Romero's body to have any chance against Khabib's single:

S8s2F8vCkpDkYKYivkWpbKF_InCdPBGBWtqY1Ckfo10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back