Khalabib will not make weight :(

RicksonsGrip

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I believe so because he has had trouble making weight before and is only getting older and heavier with training. Also, as this fight will be very demanding from a media standpoint, he will have trouble concentrating on training and dieting in the weeks before the fight.

I also assume the workload and celebrations from being the champ and having more money has made him gain a good couple of pounds of fat in the last few months. Also being on the road so much for the hype train will introduce stress hormones which will make it harder for him to shed fat easily in the final month, so i doubt he will be able to get as lean as needed, and the dehydration loss will not be enough to make weight. I am considering that he doesnt have this experience as he just became champ, so he hasnt necesarily internalized that making weight this time will be harder than ever before.

On the other hand, if he has done the right thing, which would be to start getting lean as soon as the fight was announced (or even before), i think his fight/tactical training leading to the fight will suffer, and we may not see him have the necessary tactical approach and fine tuning to defeat McGregor.

I think booking the fight in such relative short notice is one of the best things McGregor has done. Im rooting for Khabib but i see McGregor taking this

Well, If he cant make weight in the biggest fight of his carer....
I will def lose respect for him

He will get it done

That "Khalabib" guy won't make weight... Fucking Khala always fucking around

Interesting thoughts and i understand its just a prediction. Khabib Isn't exactly a guy I'd say to give the benefit of the doubt to though. He has been hospitalized from cutting weight and has outright missed weight.

But lets remember, khabib has people like dc around him, coaches fighters and champions who will tell him this is the biggest moment of his career and he cant screw it up.

If he doesn't make weight the UFC will strip him of the belt and have Conor fight short notice replacement for the belt, and you bet your ass people will be lined up to step up, so it's no big deal. If you're the champ and you don't make weight then you've basically lost the fight.

Khalabib? Are people calling him that corny name just cause Joey Diaz says it all the time and is too ignorant to learn how to properly pronounce Muslim names? That dumb joke got old real quick.

If that’s how this nickname came about then please, let’s give it a rest. It’s low key racist and I’m not even Muslim lol.

Russians don’t give a fuck, I could totally see him not making weight and giving no shits.

I believe so because he has had trouble making weight before and is only getting older and heavier with training. Also, as this fight will be very demanding from a media standpoint, he will have trouble concentrating on training and dieting in the weeks before the fight.

I also assume the workload and celebrations from being the champ and having more money has made him gain a good couple of pounds of fat in the last few months. Also being on the road so much for the hype train will introduce stress hormones which will make it harder for him to shed fat easily in the final month, so i doubt he will be able to get as lean as needed, and the dehydration loss will not be enough to make weight. I am considering that he doesnt have this experience as he just became champ, so he hasnt necesarily internalized that making weight this time will be harder than ever before.

On the other hand, if he has done the right thing, which would be to start getting lean as soon as the fight was announced (or even before), i think his fight/tactical training leading to the fight will suffer, and we may not see him have the necessary tactical approach and fine tuning to defeat McGregor.

I think booking the fight in such relative short notice is one of the best things McGregor has done. Im rooting for Khabib but i see McGregor taking this

So you're saying even if he does the "right" thing...he is screwed? If/when Khabib wins, lets all remember the huge obstacle he had to overcome to win.

Kabob gets smoked by the left hand of the Irish king. He was setup to lose to McG and he doesn't even realize it. Fat or not, Khaboob gets destroyed.

If he doesn't make weight the UFC will strip him of the belt and have Conor fight short notice replacement for the belt, and you bet your ass people will be lined up to step up, so it's no big deal. If you're the champ and you don't make weight then you've basically lost the fight.

Jose Aldo?

Khabib looks like a MW. When Conor beats him, there is no doubt in my mind he is the new Middleweight champion.

Nate is already lined up and I heard he sent a pallet load of tiramisu to Khabib's house....

what a load of shit.

he isn't going to make weight because of the media obligations, but if he loses weight soon enough so that he doesn't have a tough cut, then his "fight / tactical training" will suffer and he won't be good enough. you know, because you can't lose weight through training and dieting, you can only do one or the other.

this thread is extra dumb.

Khalabib? Are people calling him that corny name just cause Joey Diaz says it all the time and is too ignorant to learn how to properly pronounce Muslim names? That dumb joke got old real quick.

If that’s how this nickname came about then please, let’s give it a rest. It’s low key racist and I’m not even Muslim lol.

I agree with what you are saying but Islam is a religion, it's not a race........

He's been under the last two times he fought recently.. he's also coming off Ramadan, so it's safe to assume he will make the weight rather easily.

Is Stiopic also racist?

Muslims aren't a race. High key. It is funny and will continue to be funny.

I have my doubts that Conor will even show up.

Back