Khalabib will not make weight :(

I believe so because he has had trouble making weight before and is only getting older and heavier with training. Also, as this fight will be very demanding from a media standpoint, he will have trouble concentrating on training and dieting in the weeks before the fight.

I also assume the workload and celebrations from being the champ and having more money has made him gain a good couple of pounds of fat in the last few months. Also being on the road so much for the hype train will introduce stress hormones which will make it harder for him to shed fat easily in the final month, so i doubt he will be able to get as lean as needed, and the dehydration loss will not be enough to make weight. I am considering that he doesnt have this experience as he just became champ, so he hasnt necesarily internalized that making weight this time will be harder than ever before.

On the other hand, if he has done the right thing, which would be to start getting lean as soon as the fight was announced (or even before), i think his fight/tactical training leading to the fight will suffer, and we may not see him have the necessary tactical approach and fine tuning to defeat McGregor.

I think booking the fight in such relative short notice is one of the best things McGregor has done. Im rooting for Khabib but i see McGregor taking this
Dana’s never going to let his nephew... fight khalabib

He has brought in a strength and conditioning coach since he had to pull out vs Ferguson. He made weight vs Barboza and at 155. vs Iaquinta. I think Khabib will be just fine at making weight..

If he doesn't make weight the UFC will strip him of the belt and have Conor fight short notice replacement for the belt, and you bet your ass people will be lined up to step up, so it's no big deal. If you're the champ and you don't make weight then you've basically lost the fight.

Most likely the belt will be on the line only for Conor. And if Conor loses he fights Tony for the belt.

Back