Khalil Rountree Has Offered to Step in vs. Alexander Gustafsson @ UFC 227

I can see Gus accepting since Rountree just KO'd his teammate

I hope it happens. Not as good of an opponent as Volkan but Gus needs to fight it's been too long. Also Rountree can put anyone's lights out.
Gus probably would just take him down and hold him there.

Seems like easy money for Gus tbh. But anything can happen in MMA. Not sure if Gus would take the risk, but what options does he have?

Gus would fuck him but he really shouldn’t accept this fight.

If Gus is serious about getting the belt he must take this fight.

Yes, and when he beats him and gets a TS you would be the first one to bash him.

Gus won’t take it, then he’ll complain about never getting fights, followed by saying he should get paid for this training camp, and finally, his brain-dead fans will cry that he should get paid and that it isn’t fair.

Meh, easy fight for Gus. I guess it's a late replacement but I'm not interested in that fight. Waste of Gus time since he fights only ever 4 years. Rebook the fight with Volkan.

I like it. I think they should give either Rountree or Reyes the opportunity. But I’ll bet it’ll be OSP

I don't see Alexander accepting that one, don't think Gus is completely over his blackguyitis...

He'd beat the fuck out of Khalil though. I bet he'd fight AJ again but it'd probably end the same, Gus relies on that chin a lot.

You wanna give someone shit for that affliction, look at GSP

Gustaffson isn't doing himself any favors by not taking this fight if it's what they want. Dude hardly fights as it is, at this point he really shouldn't be picky and take whoever is offered.

Also if he sat out that's just the excuse Dana would be looking for to throw Alex under the bus and try to give Shogun a TS if he beats Smith. Which honestly, I wouldn't blame him at all.

For God's sake fight him Gus. You can't skip more fights now and wait an extra year.

Welcome to 2018 where LHW is the weakest division ever

What the fuck? What about Romero? Manuwa? Blachowicz? OSP?

Back