Khalil Rountree Has Offered to Step in vs. Alexander Gustafsson @ UFC 227

Yoel vs gus made sense before they booked Volkan, and yoel vs gus still makes sense.

There should be no hesitation from the UFC. Too many times a good fight gets canceled because of late withdrawal or no one willing to step in.

Sign him to the contract

Gus’s stock would go up if he took this “high risk low reward” fight. I would watch it...I think Gus gets it done in two..

I can't wait for the realization that Shogun is done to wash over you when Anthony Smith thuds an elbow over his temple and Rua's body collapses into itself

It would be crazy if Gus actually get a title shot off of beating Shogun, since that's how he got his first title shot lol.

Shame Volks is out but I'd gladly take this as a replacement.

Gus has had problems with explosive fighters (really only Rumble) so Rountree has a chance. Gus should take this fight only to stay active and hopefully get a cool knockout

I can't wait for the realization that Shogun is done to wash over you when Anthony Smith thuds an elbow over his temple and Rua's body collapses into itself

giphy.gif

200.gif

Rountree is not even top50 ranked LHW globally. If he says no, he says it because he wants a tougher opponent, not because he is afraid of some non top50 LHW.

Sadly, that’s probably the best the UFC can scrounge up at this point. But Gustafsson needs to fight. A little over a year since he last fought and he needs to keep his name relevant.

How long is Volkan out for? If they can rebook it for later this year I think that's the best fight - two good contenders fighting for the #1 stop. I agree that Gus needs to fight ASAP unless he wants to get passed over due to inactivity. Not sure of Rountree is a fight that makes a lot of sense though but I see it as a very winable fight for Gus.

If Gus fights smart he will probably easily beat Roundtree and finish him on the ground, RNC or GNP.

Gus vs Volkov would be an interesting fight.

I'd like to see how Gus deals with not being the taller longer fighter.

i too expect gus to smash him
which probably means it goes to a 3-2 decision
brave of kr

What the fuck? What about Romero? Manuwa? Blachowicz? OSP?
Romero was open, but can't fight because of surgery. OSP can't fight because of a personal thing. Gus has already beat the other two.

Don't see Gustafsson accepting this fight. Very high risk and a very low reward.

I think he'd wash Khalil, but it's still risky.

he`d wash khalil if he can handle the first round against him.. but this fight doesnt have any reward for gustaffson.

Back