Khan under Steward.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I think Khan should have hired Emanuel Steward as his trainer after losing to Prescott. Steward did well with tall, rangy fighters with weak chins (Hearns, Lewis and Wlad).

How do you think he would have done?

It's not the trainer as much as it is the fighter in the ring. Although yes Roach is an aggressive style coach he didn't encourage Khan to stay in the pocket for too long. Khan is a very immature individual and it manifests in the ring as well, he has a very low ring IQ which is a shame because he could have had a better run.

I think Khan should have hired Emanuel Steward as his trainer after losing to Prescott. Steward did well with tall, rangy fighters with weak chins (Hearns, Lewis and Wlad).

How do you think he would have done?
Steward is one of the all time best so he would have been a good choice. Not sure he could have helped Khan's chin though. Or a guy that won't listen to you. Harris vs Maussa and Khan vs Garcia are examples.

Steward was a genius but khan seems to have a huge ego.. Guys like him are hard to train.

It's not the trainer as much as it is the fighter in the ring. Although yes Roach is an aggressive style coach he didn't encourage Khan to stay in the pocket for too long. Khan is a very immature individual and it manifests in the ring as well, he has a very low ring IQ which is a shame because he could have had a better run.
Read somewhere he has some sort of visual ailment. His former trainer spoke about it. ADHD.

It may have been good for him tbh

My problem with khan is his defense not his chin. His defense is fucking awful

Read somewhere he has some sort of visual ailment. His former trainer spoke about it. ADHD.
I know plenty of individuals with adhd ( I was diagnosed with it myself) It’s not adhd thats preventing khan from moving more often in the ring, it’s just plain ego and stupidity.

Hard to teach a guy with zero IQ both inside and outside the ring.

Khan is stupid. Trainers can't fix stupid.

With a better head on his shoulders Khan could have held multiple belts at once.

You can't hit what you can't see

Khan has the attention span of a toddler. It's hard to get teached how to improve it by anyone you're paying to do so.

He isnt very smart, the amount of retarded shit he posted about his wife when they split up for a while was awful, then he got caught on some dating site, he's thick as shit. Fun fighter to watch though.

why you guys so hard , what did Khan do wrong? ?
Khan has some sort of stupid habit that when he feels like he has the fight in control, he forgets the earlier things that kept him from getting in trouble. He stopps moving, starts sitting down on his punches like now he wants to get the opponent out of there not realizing his defense was his mobility. He doesn't have good recognition of the opponents offense and gets clipped because its either his ego or just being plain stupid low boxing IQ and stays in the pocket of his opponent. You can only stay in the pocket if you have good defense. Khan does not, and to this point STILL hasnt recognized that. I'm still not sure if he has a bad chin. The fact of the matter is, the KOs he's sufferd is a punch anyone else in the division would've gone to sleep with. He was leading Danny Garcia and got clipped, game over. Borderline schooling Canelo and got put to sleep. Maybe the Breidis fight is the glass-chin evidence, but Stewart wouldn't have helped. Khan just doesnt listen. Shame, cause he's so damn good.

Last edited:
Back