Kickboxing Boxing crossovers

Alvin Prouder. Held the PKA and WKA welterweight titles in kickboxing simultaneously. Switched to boxing in the mid 1980's and was featured regularly on ESPN until he was shot in the head by gang bangers ending his fighting career.

Vitaly Klitchko - WAKO fullcontact World Champion in 1991, Paris -
Regina Halmich - WKA European Champion around 1993
Troy Dorsey - WAKO, PKO, ISKA multiple World Champion 1983 to 1993
James Warring - WKA World Champion (beat Klitchko in kickboxing)
Khalid Rahilou - WAKO and ISKA World Champion 1987
There were a lot of good fullcontact fighters and kickboxers moving into boxing and just short of title shots like Howard Jackson, Rick Roufus, Marek Piotrowski, Peter Cunningham, Skipper Kelp, Przemyslav Saleta (he beat Klitchko in kickboxing, ISKA).

Vitaly Klitchko - WAKO fullcontact World Champion in 1991, Paris -
Regina Halmich - WKA European Champion around 1993
Troy Dorsey - WAKO, PKO, ISKA multiple World Champion 1983 to 1993
James Warring - WKA World Champion (beat Klitchko in kickboxing)
Khalid Rahilou - WAKO and ISKA World Champion 1987
There were a lot of good fullcontact fighters and kickboxers moving into boxing and just short of title shots like Howard Jackson, Rick Roufus, Marek Piotrowski, Peter Cunningham, Skipper Kelp, Przemyslav Saleta (he beat Klitchko in kickboxing, ISKA).

Beside those already mentioned in this thread.. Khaosai Galaxy, Nigel Benn, Fidel Smith, Sot Chitrlada, Tex Cobb..

Beside those already mentioned in this thread.. Khaosai Galaxy, Nigel Benn, Fidel Smith, Sot Chitrlada, Tex Cobb..
Just googled Tex Cobb. He seems to contradict the Roganism that any elite boxer would have killed the PKA champions.

Just googled Tex Cobb. He seems to contradict the Roganism that any elite boxer would have killed the PKA champions.

Not just Cobb, but I think all of the names mentioned here contradict Rogan's absurd statements. And what's Rogan's answer to the fact that Mo Smith - a PKA/WKA full contact fighter (a joke in his books) winning the UFC heavyweight title, beating an "unbeatable" at the time Mark Coleman.

Seems like all the crossover athletes are in the higher weights. I wonder if there is something physically about KBers that causes this trend.

I was really hoping Povetkin beat Joshua. Bring pride to the kickers, even though no kicks allowed.

Back