Kickboxing weight cut

flamingredhead

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
How much do kickboxers normally cut? I have trouble finding this info. I was listening to George Lockhart, and he was saying Yoel was 217 starting his week cut for one fight. That's 30lbs. I know that's fairly standard for mma fighters. But what about kickboxers? Loke what does someone like Simon Marcus cut if anyone knows?

How much do kickboxers normally cut? I have trouble finding this info. I was listening to George Lockhart, and he was saying Yoel was 217 starting his week cut for one fight. That's 30lbs. I know that's fairly standard for mma fighters. But what about kickboxers? Loke what does someone like Simon Marcus cut if anyone knows?

That's probably why he didn't make weight

Just like in MMA it varies from fighter to fighter. On average Kickboxers cut less than MMA fighters but there are also extreme examples of Kickboxers cutting tons of weight, usually people from a MT background.

John Wayne Parr for instance walks around at 85 kilos and cuts down to 70 or 72 kilos to fight. He talks more about it here:

Just like in MMA it varies from fighter to fighter. On average Kickboxers cut less than MMA fighters but there are also extreme examples of Kickboxers cutting tons of weight, usually people from a MT background.

John Wayne Parr for instance walks around at 85 kilos and cuts down to 70 or 72 kilos to fight. He talks more about it here:

Awesome thank.you! I gotta watch this!

Back