kicking method

one more thing I would like to notify everyone of.

now that I have pointed this out, pay attention when you watch "muay ties" for example. You will see many thais kicking more flat, rather than raised up.

Its me in the video. Im not stoned in the video either. 40 seconds into the video, you have a short attention span. If you didnt take the time to listen to the whole thing, you cannot form an educated opinion on the topic as you dont know what its about.

Hows your 100 weeks to pro debut coming along?

whens your next fight? i have asked you this a couple of times now. Dont know if you missed it or are just choosing to ignore me?
s-7167e0b58a5c557c5a1f01993f5ada22b9ffcedc.gif

I love me some Sherdog drama

s-7167e0b58a5c557c5a1f01993f5ada22b9ffcedc.gif

I love me some Sherdog drama

lol, not trying to talk shit, thats why I asked its possible he just missed them.

same goes for an educated opinion. You cant form an educated opinion on something you havent watched.

scientific method.

For low kicks I step wide and flat footed almost 90deg to my oppo, drop my knee and chop down into the low kick. A poor imitation of Ernesto Hoost. I don’t pivot at all as my foot is already at 90deg and it pulls my hips round.

That's the method i use in MT when i want to punish someone who is unbalanced and wont have a good defense. If he misses a high kick for example and is turning his back. Or against KBoxers who don't check often. But otherwise i find it's a huge tell and while you make that step, you are wide open to be countered. In my mind it's a dangerous technique to be used only on some situations.

Left kick I stay lower and rotate more.

I think am a bit lower too. I'm still high but not as much as the right one. But i think it has to do with the switch. It's like a small step in, that adds already some rotation, so i don't need to go as high. And probably the whole movement makes it difficult and slower to go that far up.

@nynakmuay

I think everybody agrees that you need to pivot your foot sideways, but the question is how high on your ball of the foot we go. And is it just a personal preference, or as it a meaningful difference?

I think everybody agrees that you need to pivot your foot sideways, but the question is how high on your ball of the foot we go. And is it just a personal preference, or as it a meaningful difference?

I feel like going way up on the ball is more of a leap into the target. I feel insanely off balance, but I suppose you could get more power in it??

Keep in mind I don't know how to kick this way since I've never had anyone in any style teach me that, so I might be doing it wrong. Feels REALLY off balance though, I want to have a better connection to the ground when kicking.

I always found this method to work well. I could never get the basic pivot with being "low" on the ball to work well. It ends up looking telegraphed and be being off.

Its one of the more traditional methods I find works well. I can get alot more torque into it

Last edited:
I feel like going way up on the ball is more of a leap into the target. I feel insanely off balance, but I suppose you could get more power in it??

Keep in mind I don't know how to kick this way since I've never had anyone in any style teach me that, so I might be doing it wrong. Feels REALLY off balance though, I want to have a better connection to the ground when kicking.

You're not really leaping into the target, you're more spinning on the ball of your foot.

@fluffball

Like @ctrlaltdelete said, i don't feel a leap in it... It just a rotation of the leg.

I think it's the same logic behind those ballerinas spinning around on their toes.

You probably just need to find your balance by doing lots of repetition, but it may be harder for you if you are used to another movement. Your whole body is accustomed to another way, every muscle memories is making it hard for you to adjust.

The front part of my foot is huge in muscles compared to when i played soccer instead of doing martial arts. (so much that most of sport/running shoes are too narrow for me, skate shoes are a much better fit). So i think that you don't only need to train for balance, but to make the appropriate muscle work.

Maybe try to do your skipping work also high on the ball of the foot...

And I think it will be easier to try the kick against a heavy bag, than just in shadow movement. You'll get a better feel for it in my opinion...

i find more power flatter, and more speed higher. if im planted and super "traditional" muay thai ill be more flat. If im moving around more like a boxer, ill end up on the toes.

Its me in the video. Im not stoned in the video either. 40 seconds into the video, you have a short attention span. If you didnt take the time to listen to the whole thing, you cannot form an educated opinion on the topic as you dont know what its about.

Hows your 100 weeks to pro debut coming along?

whens your next fight? i have asked you this a couple of times now. Dont know if you missed it or are just choosing to ignore me?

Haha sorry bro. My smart ass comment backfired on me.

I have not ignored you on purpose. My training goes well. 2017 was my training year. And 2018 is gonna be my fighting year. Question is if its gonna be mma or mt..

Haha sorry bro. My smart ass comment backfired on me.

I have not ignored you on purpose. My training goes well. 2017 was my training year. And 2018 is gonna be my fighting year. Question is if its gonna be mma or mt..

good to hear, whats your BJJ like? I dont train BJJ, but im friends with some 10th planet black belts, and one of the head coaches for BJJ at evolve mma. anyways, if your BJJ isnt at a high level, i would think MT would be a better choice. So many guys pretty much turn MMA fights into BJJ matches.

You prick, you post a vid named Zigano BJJ, I thought it was Cat Zigano's nudes!

Just be glad he didn't post two guys one cup or a rick roll video...

Back