Kicking with Bas Rutten

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
All great stuff in this video. If you only take 1 thing from this video, it better be............step to the side!

Who kicks like that in an actual fight? It's telegraphed a mile away.

Bas Rutten did not kick like that.
I'm sure he has. You are right about it being telegraphed, but that load up with the step creates elastic recoil in the hips making for insane power, especially with someone of bas's size. It just has to be set up with feints or not used until you've exhausted the enemies cardio or already tagged them good or something. It's like a finisher. Bas did like liver shots.

Edit: I'm very bad at footwork but I bet you could hide that step within there as well.

@dudeguyman

Like you say, there are ways to hide it, and proper timing for it to be effective. And it's not a constant strike. You don't kick every time like that, specially from the start... Unless you want to set up up some trap, but it might be dangerous until you get there.
Another good way is after a shin check, you bring you foot back with the step in/side...

I don't kick that way, but that's just personal preferences.

@dudeguyman

Like you say, there are ways to hide it, and proper timing for it to be effective. And it's not a constant strike. You don't kick every time like that, specially from the start... Unless you want to set up up some trap, but it might be dangerous until you get there.
Another good way is after a shin check, you bring you foot back with the step in/side...

I don't kick that way, but that's just personal preferences.
Same, my kicks are more speed/accuracy oriented. I suppose I should practice what I preach though and drill it. I have noticed recently that none of my strikes could really one hit kill somebody.

All great stuff in this video. If you only take 1 thing from this video, it better be............step to the side!

c3770920c8d0d598c16b488844d1069c.gif

don't, he just misleads
I like a little conflict in my life. He gives me a little resistance when I start blabbering on about technique and helps me keep it realistic. I think he's just never Been in a legitimately dangerous fight. I don't think he's a troll. I think of this place kinda like a journal, only I get diverse feedback from all types. He only makes me better.
<seedat>

I like a little conflict in my life. He gives me a little resistance when I start blabbering on about technique and helps me keep it realistic. I think he's just never Been in a legitimately dangerous fight. I don't think he's a troll. I think of this place kinda like a journal, only I get diverse feedback from all types. He only makes me better.
<seedat>

Yeah but he's not going to give you a legitimate point of view, he just babbles. I can respect your P.O.V. but he's bad for the forum

Idk if it's the camera quality or bas's torque but I can't follow that kick. Did he really hit him in the shin to drop him like that or did he hit a more vital point?

I think it might be the shin guard that makes it hard to see - seems to me he did hit him with the shin though

Yeah but he's not going to give you a legitimate point of view, he just babbles. I can respect your P.O.V. but he's bad for the forum

I think it might be the shin guard that makes it hard to see - seems to me he did hit him with the shin though

He threw a low kick.

The forum's good for him though, and that's what's important to me. Can you really deny that he has helped you clarify something you have stated in this forum before? I bet he has. Have you seen the reply count on his posts? I never get that many responses no matter how intelligently I state what I say.

I just can't see the camera frames when he strikes. Either bas is to fast or the translation between platforms fucked it.

@dudeguyman
Another good way is after a shin check, you bring your foot back with the step in/side...
Do you mean that after a check, you drop straight down, your foot into that torqued position? That has crossed my mind but I've never had the confidence or opportunity to try it against a beginner to try it really. If not...
what-you-talkin-bout-:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.jpg

The forum's good for him though, and that's what's important to me. Can you really deny that he has helped you clarify something you have stated in this forum before? I bet he has. Have you seen the reply count on his posts? I never get that many responses no matter how intelligently I state what I say.

That's because he's looking for arguments and going out of his way to piss people off, you're always respectful, he isn't. But agree to disagree and all that.

boycott spacetime

Back