Kid boxing video diary (new videos added)

It's all in good fun. Watch for the brick (the ladder stuff always ends up similar):

Yeah he ate shit on the cinder block about 2 weeks ago. We were walking to the car and he was walking backwards into it- woops lol

In the first take of those hills Sal ran all the way back down and was going too fast to stop. Ended up with a nasty scrape.

In the first take of those hills Sal ran all the way back down and was going too fast to stop. Ended up with a nasty scrape.

Is it just me or is it a bit rare for kids to be wrecking themselves these days? When I was a boy I dont think there was a month of the year I didnt have scabs on my knees from skidding on concrete

They don't "go outside" any more. Sal got into a spirited scrap at the fights last Saturday. Friendly tussle, nothing mean. But they did collide heads accidentally. First day of school pic, check out the right eye:

39074197_10160657730920133_3932037530081296384_n.jpg

Cut is small and the swelling is down, but man did that thing bleed.

It's hard to tell but that right shin is ALWAYS bruised too.

They don't "go outside" any more. Sal got into a spirited scrap at the fights last Saturday. Friendly tussle, nothing mean. But they did collide heads accidentally. First day of school pic, check out the right eye:

39074197_10160657730920133_3932037530081296384_n.jpg

Cut is small and the swelling is down, but man did that thing bleed.

It's hard to tell but that right shin is ALWAYS bruised too.

lol its child abuse. Dude my kid had a massive bruise on the back of his ribs from falling on that cinder block, Im surprised noone said shit at the weigh ins or physicals lol

That is the cutest training video ever. Beast in the making. The head gear is too funny.

Oh there's more where that came from. My big one is playful, likes to smile and show off. Wants everyone to tell him how awesome he is. My little one is just plain mean:

Note that my jacket knocked into him at the end and he swung on the jacket. In the gym he doesn't mug for the camera, it's all bidness:

Oh there's more where that came from. My big one is playful, likes to smile and show off. Wants everyone to tell him how awesome he is. My little one is just plain mean:

Note that my jacket knocked into him at the end and he swung on the jacket. In the gym he doesn't mug for the camera, it's all bidness:

Thats awesome haha

Haha I miss that age. Copying everything they see. Makes it so they think it is normal and exactly what they are supposed to be doing when they start training for real.

Bisping is a nice guy. He surprised Rhonin in a video greeting. (Reaction Video and a highlight video of Rhonin over the past few years)

Crazy... neighbor hooked this up somehow. Guys a cop lol.

So what's going on?

So what's going on?

Nothing my end bro, the boy is with his biological shit father for the school year then with us for the next school year.

Hes been training himself every day though over there which is awesome he kept up the routine as best he could. Hows your boys?

Nothing my end bro, the boy is with his biological shit father for the school year then with us for the next school year.

Hes been training himself every day though over there which is awesome he kept up the routine as best he could. Hows your boys?

That sucks. Hope he doesnt lose discipline, but it sounds like he won't. My 11 year-old I train has been ducked twice. Two times opponents canceled at weigh-ins. My older Son is actually at the gym right this second, he's sick and barely has a voice. But no more fever as of this morning and plenty of energy, so he's running on the treadmill and hitting bags

That sucks. Hope he doesnt lose discipline, but it sounds like he won't. My 11 year-old I train has been ducked twice. Two times opponents canceled at weigh-ins. My older Son is actually at the gym right this second, he's sick and barely has a voice. But no more fever as of this morning and plenty of energy, so he's running on the treadmill and hitting bags

I really wish the officials would enact some sort of punishment for constant 'ducks'. I turned down walkover wins on my kid's passbook because 1- it isnt a win and 2- he needs the experience.

It should be VERY simple to form some sort of disciplinary process since coaches have to be licensed by USA Boxing.

I agree that you shouldn't be able to scrap a fight at the weigh-in.

I agree that you shouldn't be able to scrap a fight at the weigh-in.

Funny thing is there is a physician there so they can determine if the child is well enough to fight or not.

Also, registered coaches should have to explain themselves to the officials on the day as to why their fighter is not present as was stated, and it be at the discretion of the officials whether to investigate further. Eg why was more notice not given. Repeat offenders should have their boxing coach license suspended etc, this would help protect the kids in the future. It isn't like cancelling a soccer game because of the weather, these young warriors go through mental and physical hardship just to be ready for a fight.

Funny thing is there is a physician there so they can determine if the child is well enough to fight or not.

Also, registered coaches should have to explain themselves to the officials on the day as to why their fighter is not present as was stated, and it be at the discretion of the officials whether to investigate further. Eg why was more notice not given. Repeat offenders should have their boxing coach license suspended etc, this would help protect the kids in the future. It isn't like cancelling a soccer game because of the weather, these young warriors go through mental and physical hardship just to be ready for a fight.

Last year we were at the Gene Lewis tournament in Phoenix, they did the matching really shitty. The idea was good-natured, but it took FOREVER as they ran all the bracketing BY an audience of trainers. So one trainer is there from Wisconsin, he brought a fighter for the open division. I think his fighter had like 15 fights or so. He was informed that the only other fighter in that division had like 62 fights. He goes "No, that's too many. We won't fight." Almost the entire audience went "what!?" He got exasperated: "That's just too many fights." The response: "Bro your fighter is OPEN. Once you're open, you're open. And you came to a 3-day Invitational, what did you think was gonna happen? Your fighter is not a novice anymore, that's how it is. Open fighters don't get matched by number of bouts." He still refused to let his fighter fight. My thought was, that poor kid. They flew all the way from Wisconsin. If I was that kid's parent I'd be pissed.

My open 114lb'er, in his 17th bout, fought the Puerto Rican National Champion. Kid had 150 fights.

Last year we were at the Gene Lewis tournament in Phoenix, they did the matching really shitty. The idea was good-natured, but it took FOREVER as they ran all the bracketing BY an audience of trainers. So one trainer is there from Wisconsin, he brought a fighter for the open division. I think his fighter had like 15 fights or so. He was informed that the only other fighter in that division had like 62 fights. He goes "No, that's too many. We won't fight." Almost the entire audience went "what!?" He got exasperated: "That's just too many fights." The response: "Bro your fighter is OPEN. Once you're open, you're open. And you came to a 3-day Invitational, what did you think was gonna happen? Your fighter is not a novice anymore, that's how it is. Open fighters don't get matched by number of bouts." He still refused to let his fighter fight. My thought was, that poor kid. They flew all the way from Wisconsin. If I was that kid's parent I'd be pissed.

My open 114lb'er, in his 17th bout, fought the Puerto Rican National Champion. Kid had 150 fights.

Yeah that sucks for the kid, it is a bit crazy though how once you're past 10 fights youre open. It seems like an antiquated concept (it was the same when I was boxing growing up in ireland).

I read an article last month that was discussing women's boxing. How they until recently had no novice division or something, so a female could have her fiirst fight against someone with 100 fights lol.

Back