Kid knocks over 132k statue, museum sends bill to parents

I agree with you for vast majority of population. But my daughter is hell on earth, but cute as shit.
Ive tried spanking, shouting, discussing, rewarding, punishing, reasoning and she is just 10000mph 14 hours a day (shes 4). Soon as shes a bit older and more mature for a sport i should be good. To give you an idea my son is respectful at all times and if I look at him the wrong way he shits himself.

I wouldn't take my daughter to a museum BECAUSE she is like that. So the parents mistake was two-fold...not being in control of their kid and knowingly bringing her somewhere she wasn't mature enough to behave.
Well, let me ask this. If your daughter destroyed a piece of art, would you feel responsible? I would.

this is where society is at...calling 4 year olds pieces of shit in confirmation of "personal responsibility". Strange days, people are fucking idiots...but not 4 year olds.
If the kid isn't behaved enough to walk next to his mom without bringing about a whirlwind of destruction a la the Tasmanian Devil, then A) the kid isn't well-behaved and B) the mother needed to take proactive steps in order to control her child (leash, stroller, leave the child at home with a babysitter, etc). Fuck off with your snowflake shit.

Funny how every time something like this happens there's an interview with some exasperated parent crying about how it's not their fault.

"Parenting is sooooo hard, I just can't even"
~ People with kids 2018

If the kid isn't behaved enough to walk next to his mom without bringing about a whirlwind of destruction a la the Tasmanian Devil, then A) the kid isn't well-behaved and B) the mother needed to take proactive steps in order to control her child (leash, stroller, leave the child at home with a babysitter, etc). Fuck off with your snowflake shit.
Damn...your no nonsense approach is so grown up. You've really got control of life bro. Keep it up!

Come on . . . parents should know better than to let their kids run wild in a museum . . . of any kind.
Don't bother arguing with that guy. He's half a chromosome away from having an enlarged forehead, dragging a club, and wearing a loincloth.

Damn...your no nonsense approach is so grown up. You've really got control of life bro. Keep it up!
You will find me NOT paying for stuff in a museum because I wouldn't let small children tear up the place. But go ahead and do you. Let's see which one works better.

sure, but... It's also a public place

So? Do you let your kids run rampant in a public space?

this sculpture shouldn't be open to destruction by a just graduated toddler. And insurance should do there duty and pay the bill.

Very true . . .

Also, the person I responded to called a 4 year old a "POS". Parenting aside that is some ridiculous dumbassery.

POS, monster, whatever . . . 4 year-olds can be little snots. They'll figure out what they can get away with and push those limits . . . even at 4.

"no signs" my ass. you don't need a sign to tell you not to break anything.

You could buy Kansas for $132K. They should get a reassessment of the value of that piece.

Regarding the China shop. If I had one, I'd have a sign outside the door that clearly said that parents would have to pay for anything their children break. Just like I wouldn't allow dogs inside the shop.

Interesting story, maybe. There is a fine art gallery in Asheville, NC that allows dogs. Lots of glass at dog height. I have been there several times and there are always dogs. I was chatting with the lady working there. She said that kids break the most by far, then adults, then dogs. I suspect it is because people don't watch their kids, adults sometimes make mistakes, and finally people tend to keep an eye on their pets when necessary.

You could buy Kansas for $132K. They should get a reassessment of the value of that piece.
That was probably the value. It's a lot but if you go to museum you should expect to protect the exhibits.

My plans, to open a museum of precariously balanced highly-appraised junk complete with liability clause fine-printed admission tickets, hinge on the outcome of this case.

this thread is funny.

Psychotic right wingers calling a 4 year old a piece of shit.

You can’t wrtie this type of comedy.

Interesting story, maybe. There is a fine art gallery in Asheville, NC that allows dogs. Lots of glass at dog height. I have been there several times and there are always dogs. I was chatting with the lady working there. She said that kids break the most by far, then adults, then dogs. I suspect it is because people don't watch their kids, adults sometimes make mistakes, and finally people tend to keep an eye on their pets when necessary.

That was interesting. I was more making a point than trying to be unfair to dogs and their behaviour. I'm pretty sure you got that as well. So here's to another shit post. \a/

Anyone know any other museums with expensive artwork that is poorly protected?

Well, let me ask this. If your daughter destroyed a piece of art, would you feel responsible? I would.

Yes- it would be my fault shes a minor. And like I said I wouldnt bring my daughter places like that knowing how energetic she is

I can't believe that after 4 pages, the following trends have emerged:
1. People are blaming the victim because they didn't have signs
2. People are blaming the victim because there isn't more to protect the art. When you go to the Louvre, many of the exhibits have nothing more than a bar at waist height to prevent you from walking further
3. People are most offended by calling the kid a POS, a little snot, etc. Guess what, kids can be little shits. There are well-behaved kids and kids that are poorly-behaved, and that's just the way it is. If you can tolerate a little foul language, that's your problem, not everyone else's, particularly if you are going to use the same language to describe things that you find obnoxious. Of course, double-standards should only apply when you want them to, right?

Back