KIKI Do you love me? Are you riding?

Scorpion is boring and not his best work.

That fuckin' autotune needs to dis-invented.

I thought Scorpion was lack luster but I can't lie that I don't have this on repeat. It's catchy as fuck. Nearly a decade into the game and he's still putting out hits. Amazing!

Let's face it guys. we're getting old, and the youngsters are wrong. When I grew up the only rap I heard on the radio was of course the hits from coolio, warren g, snoop, skee-lo and so on. But they did slip through some Camp Lo, Luniz, De La Soul, Wu-Tang and Xzibit. All of those mentioned are better than what is getting airtime these days.

I remember as a kid, artists like NWA were considered violent garbage by older people. My dad would ask me what the fuck I'm listening to. But to be honest, even I thought the rhyme schemes and structure of the songs were really simple (compared to like Nas' later work or Mos Def). I haven't listened to NWA in a long, long time, but one of my younger friends in his early 20s started listening to it after watching Straight Outta Compton. He mentioned how much deeper the songs are than the shit out today. We listened to a couple songs together and I found myself thinking how deep the songs are compared to the stuff I've been listening to more recently.

Not all music has to be profound and meaningful. And no music is going to appeal to all ears universally.
Most of Drakes music appeals to women. It’s music girls like to dance to. And by default, a lot of guys like music that makes girls want to dance. He hit that vibe hard with this song. Don’t look into it for more than that.

Two bad bitches and we kissin' in the Wraith
Kissin'-kissin' in the Wraith, kiss-kissin' in the Wraith
I need that black card and the code to the safe
Code to the safe, code-code to the safe-safe
I show him how that neck work
Fuck that Netflix and chill—what's your net-net-net worth?
'Cause I want ya, and I need ya
And I'm down for you always

Yea, yea, yea, yea he bad
Yea, yea, yea, guess who's back
D-down for you al–

Black biggy biggy black biggy black blake
D-d-down for you always
I got a new boy, and that n@@@@ trade!

<Kpop01>

Back