Killer Whale thread.

I live on a little sand island, and a number of times over the years i have witnessed dolphins playing with fish and tossing them into the air repeatedly.

0315-kesha-bikini-17-435x580.jpg
The missing link

I see them all the time. Amazing creatures. Kinda telling in captivity they live 30 years, but in the wild they have similar life spans to humans. Last year Puget Sound lost its Oldest Orca, Granny, who was over 110 years old.

Craziest thing I saw was a pod killed a Harbor Porpoise, and were playing with the body, which is common, and how hey teach the young to hunt. What was messed up, was they started ripping it open, and a almost full term fetus come out, and the Orcas started playing keep away with it. They played with it for like 30 mins while we watched.

I consider there are 4 species on earth that are sometimes violent just for the sake of being violent. I believe each of these species to have a very dark side in their characters.

Humans
Chimpanzees
Killer Whales
Elephants.
Dolphins can be nasty fuckers

Next time I visit Japan I'm gonna order a nice fat Killer Whale steak. I hope it tastes good.

If it had been me i would of been shouting for something to use as a weapon. Or if i were able to reach it's blowhole i would of attempted to attack and damage it. In other words i couldn't keep as calm as that trainer, he did really well.

Wow, first time watching that, that trainer was on point and amazing...hats off to him..

If it had been me i would of been shouting for something to use as a weapon. Or if i were able to reach it's blowhole i would of attempted to attack and damage it. In other words i couldn't keep as calm as that trainer, he did really well.
watch the whole documentary, it was on netflix,if not youtube, you won't be disappointed.

I just talked about them yesterday and it baffles me they dont hunt humans in the wild. Theyve only killed humans in captivity.

I see them all the time. Amazing creatures. Kinda telling in captivity they live 30 years, but in the wild they have similar life spans to humans. Last year Puget Sound lost its Oldest Orca, Granny, who was over 110 years old.

Craziest thing I saw was a pod killed a Harbor Porpoise, and were playing with the body, which is common, and how hey teach the young to hunt. What was messed up, was they started ripping it open, and a almost full term fetus come out, and the Orcas started playing keep away with it. They played with it for like 30 mins while we watched.
30 is about the average age for a male orca in the wild. In captivity the average life expectancy is much less (although some like Lolita have some how managed to survived a long time in such shitty conditions).

I just talked about them yesterday and it baffles me they dont hunt humans in the wild. Theyve only killed humans in captivity.
Thankfully we aren't on their menu. They don't identify us as food. Orcas are incredible, they can see up to 9 miles away using their sonar!

watch the whole documentary, it was on netflix,if not youtube, you won't be disappointed.
Although it's not as well polished, 'A Fall From Freedom' is a great documentary as well. Better than Blackfish imo.

Not got any videos to share, but the more David Attenborough shows I watch the more convinced I am that, for all their good press, Killer Whales are a bunch of sadistic pricks...

I consider there are 4 species on earth that are sometimes violent just for the sake of being violent. I believe each of these species to have a very dark side in their characters.

Humans
Chimpanzees
Killer Whales
Elephants.

They are cool, but I dislike them. They eat and play around with their food (seals and penguins).

I hate them too. I am glad they can get stuck like the first gif. But how the heck they get so far ashore?

they probably saw us kill like 90% of their fellow whales, and know not to piss us off. They lucky A F that we learned to control electricity and no longer need their precious fat.

They don't always win....

I would have looked that seal in its sad eyes and pushed it back into the Sea to watch nature take its course.

Not got any videos to share, but the more David Attenborough shows I watch the more convinced I am that, for all their good press, Killer Whales are a bunch of sadistic pricks...
By sadistic pricks you mean they in some ways, but nowhere near as bad, resemble human behaviour right?

Humans
Chimpanzees
Killer Whales
Elephants.

You have to add 'all dolphins' to the Killer Whale category.

And I don't think I have seen what you have to lump elephants in there if you are talking about true natural behaviour to toy with, torment, dominate and down right terrorize other animals.

Back