Killer Whale thread.

I just talked about them yesterday and it baffles me they dont hunt humans in the wild. Theyve only killed humans in captivity.

Yes in a way it shocking, particularly when they come across us in the water, as we would be their easiest prey most times.

But they are in fact smart enough, I believe to recognize that human thing in the water is that same human thing we see on those boat things that we see dominating the oceans in good and bad ways.

images

Yes I do believe they think at that level where they know they could kill us individually in the water but they recognize we do dominate the seas and so why pick a fight.

I hate them too. I am glad they can get stuck like the first gif. But how the heck they get so far ashore?
WTF? i have honestly never heard of anyone saying they hate Killer Whales? Do you hate all Dolphins? Is it a phobia of sorts?

And if you watch some videos you will see Orca's taking some incredible beaching risk in the arctic to grab a seal basking on the ice who thinks he is a safe distance up. Many times they are judging the tides and how far it washes in and out and willing to risk pushing at the edges. Some times it takes several washes in of the high tide for them to make their way back to the Sea. And the Whale will suffocate under its own weight if it does not get back in time.

It makes me wonder if a giant polar bear has ever come across a beached Killer Whale trying to make it back to sea and had the nerve and the smarts to try and grab the tail and hold it or drag it a little further inland for the feast of a lifetime. That would be some crazy alpha V alpha shit.

WTF? i have honestly never heard of anyone saying they hate Killer Whales? Do you hate all Dolphins? Is it a phobia of sorts?

And if you watch some videos you will see Orca's taking some incredible beaching risk in the arctic to grab a seal basking on the ice who thinks he is a safe distance up. Many times they are judging the tides and how far it washes in and out and willing to risk pushing at the edges. Some times it takes several washes in of the high tide for them to make their way back to the Sea. And the Whale will suffocate under its own weight if it does not get back in time.

It makes me wonder if a giant polar bear has ever come across a beached Killer Whale trying to make it back to sea and had the nerve and the smarts to try and grab the tail and hold it or drag it a little further inland for the feast of a lifetime. That would be some crazy alpha V alpha shit.

I hope the Polar bear kills the sadistic orca.

Don’t feel bad for the seals... they’re just as bad....

maxresdefault.jpg

lol

I just talked about them yesterday and it baffles me they dont hunt humans in the wild. Theyve only killed humans in captivity.
I think it's because people aren't swimming in killer whale turf enough

Almost 50 posts and not a single "thought this would be about your mom".

You guys are slipping.

You have to add 'all dolphins' to the Killer Whale category.

And I don't think I have seen what you have to lump elephants in there if you are talking about true natural behaviour to toy with, torment, dominate and down right terrorize other animals.
Tbf not all killer whales are like that. There are diiferent types of killer whales that some argue could even be considered a different species. Only transient and off shore orcas eat mammals, others eat fish.

I think it's because people aren't swimming in killer whale turf enough
No, wild orca and human contact is pretty common. People paddle board and kayak right out to pods as part of tourist activities. If they were human aggressive they would have more than enough chances to do damage.

Remember Orca's are just big dolphins and dolphins, for the most part, are always human friendly and curious creatures. Many dolphins have come to the aid of human swimmers when a shark threat appears and the dolphin will drive the shark away.

I consider there are 4 species on earth that are sometimes violent just for the sake of being violent. I believe each of these species to have a very dark side in their characters.

Humans
Chimpanzees
Killer Whales
Elephants.

Hippos? Pitbulls? Hyenas?

No, wild orca and human contact is pretty common. People paddle board and kayak right out to pods as part of tourist activities. If they were human aggressive they would have more than enough chances to do damage.

Remember Orca's are just big dolphins and dolphins, for the most part, are always human friendly and curious creatures. Many dolphins have come to the aid of human swimmers when a shark threat appears and the dolphin will drive the shark away.
I think people personify them way too much and if you were to flail about in the middle of a pod in north Pacific waters they would eat you. Just my opinion.

I think people personify them way too much and if you were to flail about in the middle of a pod in north Pacific waters they would eat you. Just my opinion.
Your opinion does not matchup to the evidence and encounters we have seen.

There are many instances of Orca's saving humans from Sharks and even drowning just as other dolphin species have done and no real evidence of a wild orca attacking and killing a human despite our frequent contact.

Back