Kingdom Come Deliverance

I've been waiting for a non-fantasy medieval RPG for a long time (fcuk dragons seriously). Bought a new PC and this game yesterday. Can't wait to try it out.

Did this dude really just dog an RPG that he gunned through in 38 hours? Did you do ANY sidequests?

Hell, i'm sure any RPG is shit if you go through it as quickly as humanly possible.

Been to almost every town at this point with close to 30 hours in, while still being just OK at most things, and while this one has a lot of patchwork ahead, it's unique, which is both refreshing and incredibly time-consuming to achieve.

If you look at most yearly top games, you tend to get nice graphics with a huge world that lacks soul. The checklists just become bigger as tech advances. But creating a Witcher, KCD or even Subnautica takes effort, as land masses aren't thrown on top of each other for scope and quests aren't there just to keep you leveling up, but the world is crafted and researched throughoutly with freedom of ideas.

Without any crazy supernatural things going on, it really adds to the weight of your decisions and people you interact with. Yes the world isn't full of rune stones and portals but I honestly have not noticed. The game feels very grounded and missions have multiple ways of completing them.

My only downside is an evil playthrough is quite literally impossible at the moment. You could use silent kill on someone alone in the woods but somehow everybody and thier brother knows.

Did this dude really just dog an RPG that he gunned through in 38 hours? Did you do ANY sidequests?

Hell, i'm sure any RPG is shit if you go through it as quickly as humanly possible.

At no point have I dogged it. I said it wouldn't go down as an All time Great pc game. I loved the game, did heaps of side quests. Its a great game. I love it but I'm waiting for the Mod Tools, I can't play Skyrim without mods now, I don't play fallout without mods. I create mods and enjoy making the base game better. The developers promised full mod support and now they're umming and ahhhing saying "It's up to crytec". If this game gets full mod support it'll be one of the best games made in the last 5 years without a doubt.

At this point the story quests were more enjoyable than Fallout 4. The world however is nowhere near as interesting as Fallout or Skyrims was. I'm sure mods will add better random encounters and bring the world to life.

I'd say almost 30 of my game play hours were spent in the Monastery trying to get the worlds buggiest quest to finish, Even now that I've finished it and been kicked outta monk school I get the notifications for the quest. I hope the developers can fix that glitch soon because I really don't wanna be reminded of morning prayer again.

Looks like i'll have to get this for PS4. I'd love to get it on PC, but this game would probably blow my shitty GTX660 out the side of my case

I'm suffering really really game breaking stuttering about 30 hours in on PS4. This wasn't an issue at an earlier point in the game.

At no point have I dogged it. I said it wouldn't go down as an All time Great pc game. I loved the game, did heaps of side quests. Its a great game. I love it but I'm waiting for the Mod Tools, I can't play Skyrim without mods now, I don't play fallout without mods. I create mods and enjoy making the base game better. The developers promised full mod support and now they're umming and ahhhing saying "It's up to crytec". If this game gets full mod support it'll be one of the best games made in the last 5 years without a doubt.

At this point the story quests were more enjoyable than Fallout 4. The world however is nowhere near as interesting as Fallout or Skyrims was. I'm sure mods will add better random encounters and bring the world to life.

Nowhere near as good as Skyrim or Witcher 3. More like Witcher 2 level.

Pro tip - best way to kill dudes is to snipe them in the head. Works most of the time, especially if you used my previous pro tip.

Yeah, IDK what's he's doing.

I think I'm at the final phase and have a fair bit to do to complete this phase still, at least 2 or 3 hours of work with travel and combat, and I'm over 60 hours in.

Probably spamming spacebar through everything.

Pro tip - best way to kill dudes is to snipe them in the head. Works most of the time, especially if you used my previous pro tip.

Bows are OP.

Do I want to fight a 5 minute one on one duel or just instantly kill them with a bow? hmm...

The AI acts alls weird when you have a bow out too so you can really murder everyone with it. Wearing full plate and point blank firing on guys is really broken.

Longsword combat is way more fun than shortsword/shield. Especially if you learn the moves and parry.

Just learned alchemy. It's nicely detailed, so used to just pressing 1 button to brew/craft like in most games. I just wish there's more recipes to be found than the about 10 thus far.

Longsword combat is way more fun than shortsword/shield. Especially if you learn the moves and parry.

Just learned alchemy. It's nicely detailed, so used to just pressing 1 button to brew/craft like in most games. I just wish there's more recipes to be found than the about 10 thus far.

Haha... look them up on the net ;)

I'm about 25 hours in so far, and I'm liking it a lot. Just finished the "Ginger in a pickle" mission. Doing a lot of side quests.

The save and lock picking systems are horrible. I like being able to quick save at any time, especially before trying something new or attacking a camp full of bandits -so I had to download the save mod. I already spend enough time playing video games, I *hate* having to re-do anything. Totally kills the mood. The alchemy bench in Telmar is bugged, too.

The AI needs to be fixed. Rabbits run right up to you, after firing arrows at them. It's also a bit broken that for every animal I kill, I get over 20 pieces of meat.

I found the best way to make money early on is to just grab every flower/herb you can find, do a lot of hunting/poaching (and not get caught), and do a lot of fast traveling for the random encounters. Kill a few bandits, loot and sell their stuff.

It's a really fun game, but it feels like they didn't know whether to make a hardcore simulation, or another, typical open world RPG. You can sleep, eat and save at every camp. Your horse never dies. It also seems like they got lazy in certain areas - in Rattay or Telmar, you can interact and talk with every villager. But if you go to other, smaller towns, then the only people you can talk to are quest givers.

This game has a lot of potential. If they added a lot more, and fixed what was already there, I can see it being up there with the greats. As it is, I'd give it a 7/10. I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs yet, thankfully. But the optimization is still shit, it looks and runs worse than other AAA games, there are still a lot of obvious glitches. Hopefully, within time, they make it even better.

D870B398010D7BD04A48D4C6C80F00B44A31E2A8

I'm about 25 hours in so far, and I'm liking it a lot. Just finished the "Ginger in a pickle" mission. Doing a lot of side quests.

The save and lock picking systems are horrible. I like being able to quick save at any time, especially before trying something new or attacking a camp full of bandits -so I had to download the save mod. I already spend enough time playing video games, I *hate* having to re-do anything. Totally kills the mood. The alchemy bench in Telmar is bugged, too.

The AI needs to be fixed. Rabbits run right up to you, after firing arrows at them. It's also a bit broken that for every animal I kill, I get over 20 pieces of meat.

I found the best way to make money early on is to just grab every flower/herb you can find, do a lot of hunting/poaching (and not get caught), and do a lot of fast traveling for the random encounters. Kill a few bandits, loot and sell their stuff.

It's a really fun game, but it feels like they didn't know whether to make a hardcore simulation, or another, typical open world RPG. You can sleep, eat and save at every camp. Your horse never dies. It also seems like they got lazy in certain areas - in Rattay or Telmar, you can interact and talk with every villager. But if you go to other, smaller towns, then the only people you can talk to are quest givers.

This game has a lot of potential. If they added a lot more, and fixed what was already there, I can see it being up there with the greats. As it is, I'd give it a 7/10. I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs yet, thankfully. But the optimization is still shit, it looks and runs worse than other AAA games, there are still a lot of obvious glitches. Hopefully, within time, they make it even better.

It feels like it got cut short in a lot of ways. I do enjoy it a lot for the combat at least.

But they could have done a lot more with Theresa, Hans, Fritz story lines, etc.

In terms of RPG greatness, there is a lot of genericness and predictability in the story itself. The main quests and side quests start out strong, but I feel they turn into generic fetching quests near the middle/end. There are also so many damn bugs that ruin quests, some of which take a very long time to complete, causing you to replay parts of the game way too much.

The balance is also terrible. Bow is too good in a game designed around realistic melee combat. The game before and after getting plate is like playing two different games. The economy sucks. At first the economy is brutal, but just as quickly it becomes irrelevant, by hour 20 or 30 I had tens of thousands of gold and looting became a chore. I'm now at hour 60 and have been wearing the best gear for most of the game.

Most of the perks are useless, especially the main level selection of perks, but there are lots of pointless perks. I have unspent perk points all over because a lot of them do more harm than good.

It feels like it got cut short in a lot of ways. I do enjoy it a lot for the combat at least.

But they could have done a lot more with Theresa, Hans, Fritz story lines, etc.

In terms of RPG greatness, there is a lot of genericness and predictability in the story itself. The main quests and side quests start out strong, but I feel they turn into generic fetching quests near the middle/end. There are also so many damn bugs that ruin quests, some of which take a very long time to complete, causing you to replay parts of the game way too much.

The balance is also terrible. Bow is too good in a game designed around realistic melee combat. The game before and after getting plate is like playing two different games. The economy sucks. At first the economy is brutal, but just as quickly it becomes irrelevant, by hour 20 or 30 I had tens of thousands of gold and looting became a chore. I'm now at hour 60 and have been wearing the best gear for most of the game.

Most of the perks are useless, especially the main level selection of perks, but there are lots of pointless perks. I have unspent perk points all over because a lot of them do more harm than good.
I just ignore any perk with negative effects.

Back