Kiwi's Log- lifting, fighting, beer, and Pokemon mastery.

05/02/2017:

Strength and conditioning:

Snatch/hang snatch/snatch balance complex:
40kg x 1 x 2
50kg x 1 x 2
60kg x 1
65kg x 1

Snatch:
65kg x 1 x 2
70kg x 1
72.5kg x 1

Bench press:
Bar x 10
40kg x 8
60kg x 5
72.5kg x 3
77.5kg x 3
82.5kg x 6

Barbell step-up:
60kg x 6/leg
75kg x 5/leg x 3

21-15-9 reps:
Ring push-ups
Russian swings @ 32kg
Ball slams @ 10kg

Hanging leg raises:
BW x 10 x 3

Pull-ups:
BW x 30 reps total, as quickly as possible.

LISS:

Afternoon, post training.
Distance: 6.29km
Time: 39:21
HR: 155bpm average
Notes: Again finding it hard to keep my HR as low as I want it to be. It's much slower than what my usual comfortable running pace is.

You're looping the bar out infront of you. And I'm 90% sure you're finishing early. Take this with a grain of salt, I'm more of a doer than a teacher.

You're looping the bar out infront of you. And I'm 90% sure you're finishing early. Take this with a grain of salt, I'm more of a doer than a teacher.

Thx u belphbear.

I've never really *learned* to lift properly, and am open to pretty much any and all advice. I've tried keeping it closer, but wind up really off balance during the catch- especially catching low. I know it's because my technique is shit, because I've bloody power cleaned 100. I'm still planning on investing in a pair of Oly shoes, as I believe they will literally make my technique like Dimas'.

Thx u belphbear.

I've never really *learned* to lift properly, and am open to pretty much any and all advice. I've tried keeping it closer, but wind up really off balance during the catch- especially catching low. I know it's because my technique is shit, because I've bloody power cleaned 100. I'm still planning on investing in a pair of Oly shoes, as I believe they will literally make my technique like Dimas'.

It's something I struggled with greatly. After you powerfuck the bar your arms are the guide, they shouldn't exactly be loose, but they shouldn't be stiffer than a schoolboy in the AM. I'd drive your elbows up, and snap to a finish. You could try use a high snatch pull to kinda get a for it.

Hopefully you kinda get what I'm saying. You'll only lift like Dimas if you get some bitchin' Adidas throwbacks.

06/02/2017:

Strength:

High hang snatch/hang snatch/snatch:
40kg x 1 x 2
45kg x 1
50kg x 1
55kg x 1
60kg x 1

Snatch:
60kg x 2 x 4

Press:
Bar x 10