Knife Brahs...GET IN HERE!!!

If I could go back and change one thing about my collection it would be to not buy so many with g10 scales aka the pocket destroyers.

Carry a Cold Steel Recon 1 at work. Tough as hell knife. Use it for all kinds of stuff it can cut bumpers off at car accidents.

Also have a Kershaw Blur and Cold Steel Voyager that I carry off duty.

Currently working on a couple fixed bladed knives. One tactical with Micarta handles for my pops and maybe a big chopper thanks to @Einar for giving me the idea.

Will post pics some time today.
I got an older model Recon 1. Abused the hell out of it. Still got it but broke the serrations after years of hard use.
My current edc knives are two Voyagers, 3" and 4" blades. I rotate carrying them.
Also got a Recon Scout bowie knife and a Norsehawk.
Bought a discontinued Scimitar, all black, a couple of months ago. Too pretty to use. Got it brand new for $150 on ebay.
I like Cold Steel products, lots of bang for your buck imo.

Carry a Cold Steel Recon 1 at work. Tough as hell knife. Use it for all kinds of stuff it can cut bumpers off at car accidents.

Also have a Kershaw Blur and Cold Steel Voyager that I carry off duty.

Currently working on a couple fixed bladed knives. One tactical with Micarta handles for my pops and maybe a big chopper thanks to @Einar for giving me the idea.

Will post pics some time today.
I got an older model Recon 1. Abused the hell out of it. Still got it but broke the serrations after years of hard use.
My current edc knives are two Voyagers, 3" and 4" blades. I rotate carrying them.
Also got a Recon Scout bowie knife and a Norsehawk.
Bought a discontinued Scimitar, all black, a couple of months ago. Too pretty to use. Got it brand new for $150 on ebay.
I like Cold Steel products, lots of bang for your buck imo.

I have a 4" spear point Recon 1 that I carried for like 6 years. Thing is beat to shit. Serrations are mostly gone, I used the g10 handles as a makeshift hammer sometimes, stop pin is broke, finish is basically gone. Was a great knife fir a while though.

I have a 4" spear point Recon 1 that I carried for like 6 years. Thing is beat to shit. Serrations are mostly gone, I used the g10 handles as a makeshift hammer sometimes, stop pin is broke, finish is basically gone. Was a great knife fir a while though.
Lol. I used mine as a knife, saw, hammer, pry bar, file off the top of my head. Good knife, stayed sharp for a long time even after using it for purposes its not intended for.

Lol. I used mine as a knife, saw, hammer, pry bar, file off the top of my head. Good knife, stayed sharp for a long time even after using it for purposes its not intended for.

Exactly what I did, I'm a lot nicer to my current knives lol

My next knife will probably be the current model Recon 1. Cant decide on a clip pr tanto point though, my previous one was a clip point.

Exactly what I did, I'm a lot nicer to my current knives lol
Yeah me too. I don't even use the scimitar. The voyagers are for cutting duty only. I use actual tools now to hammer, pry, screw and whatnot.

Yeah me too. I don't even use the scimitar. The voyagers are for cutting duty only. I use actual tools now to hammer, pry, screw and whatnot.

Haha yeah I use tools and my Leatherman Charge for most of that now, knives are just cutting duty as well.

Here it is lol

5BYBCsrh.jpg

TDyZxLOh.jpg

Haha yeah I use tools and my Leatherman Charge for most of that now, knives are just cutting duty as well.

Here it is lol

5BYBCsrh.jpg

TDyZxLOh.jpg
Looks like my knifes brother. Same handle, lock but mines a clip ppint.

Last edited:
My next knife will probably be the current model Recon 1. Cant decide on a clip pr tanto point though, my previous one was a clip point.
I would opt for the clip point as it's easier to sharpen.

The only tanto I have is an Emerson cqc 7V. Nice knife but a pain to sharpen.

I would opt for the clip point as it's easier to sharpen.

The only tanto I have is an Emerson cqc 7V. Nice knife but a pain to sharpen.
True.
What type of steel is on the Emerson?

True.
What type of steel is on the Emerson?
Emerson uses 154cm on all production models. Not terribly difficult to sharpen. the knife I own that I find the easiest to sharpen is my ZT 0350 which is s30v.

Emerson uses 154cm on all production models. Not terribly difficult to sharpen. the knife I own that I find the easiest to sharpen is my ZT 0350 which is s30v.
Not familiar with those blade types.
Cold Steel uses SK5, VG1, AUS8 and some others. The new Recon 1 has a different steel CS just started using with their knives like last year I think.

I love my ZT knives.

My 0770CF is my favorite to carry around when I'm out and about. Perfect size, looks awesome(imo), 3.25" elmax, 3 oz. The new ones are S35V.

fec465b4184ba23f57ba49cfac701cdf.jpeg

Around the house tasks I use my 0350BW.

My work knife is my Hogue EX-04 Wharncliffe

HO34440.jpg

34460.JPG

I love my ZT knives.

My 0770CF is my favorite to carry around when I'm out and about. Perfect size, looks awesome(imo), 3.25" elmax, 3 oz. The new ones are S35V.

HO34440.jpg

34460.JPG
Noice.

I love my ZT knives.

HO34440.jpg

34460.JPG
I have a 0350 that I use around the house also. ZT makes good knives.

I have a 0350 that I use around the house also. ZT makes good knives.
I have one too. Great ergos on the handle.

The 0300 is awesome as well but it's an absolutely massive knife.

Back