KO of the Week: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Thiago Taveres

Those elbows where a thing of brutal beauty.
those weren't to bad...
tumblr_mgxfe2iEc61qaa8d1o1_500.gif

compared to these back in the day
goodridge-herrera-mma-devastating-ko_medium.gif

He def relies on guys havinf their hands down so he can unload with reckless abandon all.manner of crazy aggressive sloppy punches. It works.
No doubt the totality of his MMA game is very impressive I just think the statement of "his stand up is underrated" is false because really his stand up is so so its just the threat of grappling that makes his stand up work.

If you put Khabib in a pure striking match against a talented striker he would be shredded to ribbon.

No doubt the totality of his MMA game is very impressive I just think the statement of "his stand up is underrated" is false because really his stand up is so so its just the threat of grappling that makes his stand up work.

If you put Khabib in a pure striking match against a talented striker he would be shredded to ribbon.
Hes been getting better than he was. I noted improvement from his fighr with mj. He jabs his way in alot more now to stop the other guy from attacking first

Agreed. His stand-up striking is nothing special whatsoever. As you said, it's the constant threat of the TD which gives him the opportunity to land even with sloppy form. haha

His stand up defense isn't the worst though. He seems to move his head decently and is hard to connect clean on.

Agreed. His stand-up striking is nothing special whatsoever. As you said, it's the constant threat of the TD which gives him the opportunity to land even with sloppy form. haha

His stand up defense isn't the worst though. He seems to move his head decently and is hard to connect clean on.
He covers up welll too.

I just want to see Conor vs Khabib. Its much more interesting than most people think. Maybe Khabib could overwhelm Conor with his pressure like everyone else, but dammit I want to see it.

Wtf was the ref doing? I was expecting to see Mario Yamasaki.

Early stoppage, Tavares could have easily taken 10 more elbows to the side of the head without getting killed.

Good job Dan, you blood crazed maniac.

He def relies on guys havinf their hands down so he can unload with reckless abandon all.manner of crazy aggressive sloppy punches. It works.
It's just like in football where a team wants to establish the run so they can then attack vertically with the passing. You can only defend against so many options.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tony gets too cocky standing, and Khabib puts him out.

Sure, Tavares was just about to hit that sweep!

It was super early.

lol. Stoppage was good.

I won't be conditioned to early stoppages like most fans are. I'll continue being aware of the EXACT proper time to call it.

UFC always releasing these fight clips of headlining fighters in the build up to a PPV. This is a good one.

Easily one of Khabibs most savage finishes.

Leaping shovel hook floors Tavares, then he pounces on him like a lion and rains down hell with elbows and some pin-point GnP, complete with holding his face in place with his left hand, while he smeshes Thiago with the right.

Vicious...

what a performance though Tavares' chin was never that great, he's been one shot KO'd a couple of times I think

Wouldn't be surprised if Tony gets too cocky standing, and Khabib puts him out.
Could be the opposite. Khabib wanting to show off his standup skills rather than executing his regular game plan..

Khabib has given up throwing those leap in upper cuts, and wild swinging hooks. He looks like a mini-Cain on the feet now. Still does those janky flying knees though.

prolly one of the weirdest punches ive ever seen knock someone out.
a left hook? yeah doesn't get much weirder than that, just can't imagine anyone good getting floored by a leaping left hook, It's unheard of. <45>

Last edited:
a left hook? yeah doesn't get much weirder than that, just can't imagine anyone good getting floored by a leaping left hook, IT'S unheard of. <45>

lol

I guess you dont know what a left hook looks like.
The top of his hand and knuckles is what made contact... in an uppercut type trajectory.

I dont think that punch has a name. Ima call it the Khabib punch.

This is what a leaping left hook looks like:

Back