Koch groups urge Trump to accept Democrats’ immigration deal

waiguoren

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
A trio of organizations supported by Charles and David Koch is urging Trump to accept congressional Democrats’ weekend offer, which would deliver $25 billion for a border wall and security in exchange for a pathway to citizenship for 1.8 million young immigrants, according to officials in the Koch network. The White House was unwilling to accept the deal, instead offering Democrats a two-and-a-half-year extension of protections for so-called Dreamers facing deportation in return for wall money and dropping their demands for cuts to legal immigration.

But the Koch groups — Libre Initiative, Americans for Prosperity and Freedom Partners — are all advising the president to take the Democrats’ deal. Brent Gardner, a government affairs official for Americans for Prosperity, called the proposal “an offer all parties should immediately accept,” and Libre Initiative’s president, Daniel Garza, said “Congress and the White House should seize this chance.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/19/koch-network-trump-democrats-immigration-472462?cmpid=sf

--------------------------------

In case anyone is surprised, businesspeople and the wealthy want the cheap labor. Same old story. The simple right/left dichotomy that many War Roomers subscribe to is wrong.

Last edited:
The Kochs are correct? Thats unusual

Kochs, those right-wing boogie men that:

- Donated money to the Smithsonian to create halls that depict evolution (specifically human evolution)
- Donated money to Criminal Justice reform projects (even partners with the ACLU)
- Supports DACA

I must admit, I don't know much about them other than friends on FB vilifying anything as all bed things as rooted in either the Koch Brothers or the money they donate.

I remember NPR interviewing a journalist that has written about them. The interviewer was shocked that the journalist wouldn't pile shit on the guys that he was tasked to tasked to report on.

Yes, he stated that they give money to organizations that are Climate Change skeptics. However, they also donate to left-leaning causes such as changing the justice system and supporting public defenders.

The interviewer pushed back with talking points that sounded like a Bernie campaign ad.

It was an odd interview.

It seems that people are more complex than what a FB meme tells us.

Besides Soros and the Kochs, are there any other "political boogiemen" out there?

It's a trap. The wall will take many years and legal wranglings and court fights over land. No state wants the wall. They have fencing already in problem areas. Vast, vast majority who are here illegally crossed legally and just never left. The wall would be an epic waste of money. Trump thinks he'll win on the symbolism of getting his wall - but it's going to have a $25B American Tax Payer price tag attached to it. That's not what he was saying it would cost on the stump.

Trump lost his leverage when the courts blocked his DACA EO. Stephen Miller and Co were trying to leverage DREAMers to get a complete overhaul of immigration system. Now Koch's are just trying to get Trump to say yes to something because they know this is the last chance for a DACA deal before the mid-terms. Dems take the House and they have the purse strings.

- Donated money to the Smithsonian to create halls that depict evolution (specifically human evolution)
- Donated money to Criminal Justice reform projects (even partners with the ACLU)
- Supports DACA

I must admit, I don't know much about them other than friends on FB vilifying anything as all bed things as rooted in either the Koch Brothers or the money they donate.

I remember NPR interviewing a journalist that has written about them. The interviewer was shocked that the journalist wouldn't pile shit on the guys that he was tasked to tasked to report on.

Yes, he stated that they give money to organizations that are Climate Change skeptics. However, they also donate to left-leaning causes such as changing the justice system and supporting public defenders.

The interviewer pushed back with talking points that sounded like a Bernie campaign ad.

It was an odd interview.

Besides Soros and the Kochs, are there any other "political boogiemen" out there?

They're absolute scumbags who use their charity to "pinkwash" their business and political dealings. Ooh they gave money to a museum to have an evolution display but help elect politicians that pass laws and educate against it all across the country. Oooh they donated to criminal justice reform issues - but push and help elect politicians who act directly against any criminal justice reform. It's all about tax cuts for Koch's and being allowed to pollute freely.

- Supports DACA

It was an odd interview.

Sure. Adelson's a popular one.

- Supports DACA

It was an odd interview.

They aren't boogiemen, they are scape goats.

We talk about Soros and Koch, so that we dont talk about Goldman sachs, Boeing, Exxon, Phizer, Google, Time Warner, Monsanto, the Israeli lobby, ect.

- Supports DACA

It was an odd interview.

Who wouldnt support evolution or more sciencd? God americans. And I not mean western lie science of we all equal shit that rest of world laugh or say that a man can become a woman and it natural.
It's a trap. The wall will take many years and legal wranglings and court fights over land. No state wants the wall. They have fencing already in problem areas. Vast, vast majority who are here illegally crossed legally and just never left. The wall would be an epic waste of money. Trump thinks he'll win on the symbolism of getting his wall - but it's going to have a $25B American Tax Payer price tag attached to it. That's not what he was saying it would cost on the stump.

Trump lost his leverage when the courts blocked his DACA EO. Stephen Miller and Co were trying to leverage DREAMers to get a complete overhaul of immigration system. Now Koch's are just trying to get Trump to say yes to something because they know this is the last chance for a DACA deal before the mid-terms. Dems take the House and they have the purse strings.

Because fair $25 billion is nothig to you guys. You can seize drug money and stuff. Don' you give more than that much in tax breaks to big company?

$25 billion is also nothig compared to what you spend on military and defense in 1 year.

TS didn't explain what the heck DACA has to do with cheap labor...

- Supports DACA

It was an odd interview.

Koch bros are to the left wing what Soros is to the right.

The real difference is the Koch bros have some real power and influence over the GOP.

There is just a hyper focus on Soros because he's a jew and it fits into their "globalist" (Jew) conspiracy theories.

They aren't boogiemen, they are scape goats.

We talk about Soros and Koch, so that we dont talk about Goldman sachs, Boeing, Exxon, Phizer, Google, Time Warner, Monsanto, the Israeli lobby, ect.
Guys like Soros is merely a vessel for special interests that prop him up! The real shot callers are hiding in the shadows!

Koch bros are to the left wing what Soros is to the right.

The real difference is the Koch bros have some real power and influence over the GOP.

There is just a hyper focus on Soros because he's a jew and it fits into their "globalist" (Jew) conspiracy theories.

The difference is that the Kochs "talk their book" so to speak. They are committed right-wing libertarians, but regressive tax cuts, climate-change denialism, and indiscriminate deregulation all hurt the country as a whole but greatly help the Kochs' bottom line. Soros is more of a legitimate philanthropist, who doesn't personally financially benefit from what he's pushing. And, yeah, the Kochs are far more influential, as most of the heavy lifting on policy ideas on the right comes from groups funded by them, while obviously the same does not hold for Soros on the left.

On the issue of DACA, I don't know the details of their position, but it just sounds like they're being consistent libertarians.

In case anyone is surprised, businesspeople and the wealthy want the cheap labor. Same old story.

dramatic-chipmunk.gif

Mind. Blown.

Oooh they donated to criminal justice reform issues - but push and help elect politicians who act directly against any criminal justice reform.

Nothing says "criminal justice reform" like being at the forefront of the push to privatize prisons.

The difference is that the Kochs "talk their book" so to speak. They are committed right-wing libertarians, but regressive tax cuts, climate-change denialism, and indiscriminate deregulation all hurt the country as a whole but greatly help the Kochs' bottom line. Soros is more of a legitimate philanthropist, who doesn't personally financially benefit from what he's pushing. And, yeah, the Kochs are far more influential, as most of the heavy lifting on policy ideas on the right comes from groups funded by them, while obviously the same does not hold for Soros on the left.

On the issue of DACA, I don't know the details of their position, but it just sounds like they're being consistent libertarians.

Soros really isn't even that rich it's weird how they turned him into such a boogeyman.

TS didn't explain what the heck DACA has to do with cheap labor...

The Koch's are pro-amnesty. DACA is the camel's nose in their way of thinking. They support DACA the way an abolitionist would have been against slave rape.

The Koch's are pro-amnesty. DACA is the camel's nose in their way of thinking. They support DACA the way an abolitionist would have been against slave rape.

Yeah, a consistent libertarian wouldn't favor punitive measures for victimless crimes.

Yeah, a consistent libertarian wouldn't favor punitive measures for victimless crimes.

Unless it's kids who disregarded the No Trespassing signs, jumped your fence and are swimming in your pond. Then you can shoot them.

Back